Thread: SiFi Saturday November 14

Replies

Default SiFi Saturday November 14

So you know something's up when I start the daily two days in a row

Replies

Default Re: SiFi Saturday November 14

Yesterday that "something" was people being busy, today it's that I had CAFFEINE last night!!!

I've been up since 4something AND I spent almost an hour scrubbing my kitchen floor...something I haven't done in AGES. And I'm not done. It's ceramic tile and DH made the mistake of using a pourous, LIGHT grout. It's a beautiful floor and doesn't show the dirt, but the grout sure does!!! I really need to use a stiff brush, I'm hoping I can find a mop that will work because I can't imagine spending that much time on my knees all bent up...and then being able to STAND again...oh, I washed the bathroom floor before the kitchen...I forgot about that! Dang I'm really hopped up on caffeine aren't I!!!

Yep, just one cup of regular which the waitress accidentally brought me...didn't know til I had drunk it....oh well maybe a little caffeine is good for me. I DO need to scrub my kitchen floor SOME time...(I vaccuum and sweep it frequently)

I still have this cough/chest cold going on. My throat is very sore. Another reason I woke up early. I STILL want to ride outdoors this weekend though...

Not much else on tap...WW meeting this morning...maybe a ride if it isn't raining (sounds like it is right now, not light out yet though)....cooking, cleaning...DH is visiting his parents today so I'll be home alone...I have to catch up on my reading for Disciple Bible study Sunday night. Perhaps a ride with some teammates tomorrow afternoon....hmmm, maybe some mop shopping...need a better tool to deal with this grout (kitchen floor is pretty BIG)....

Talk to ya later buds! Make it great!

Replies

Good Morning!

Well Lynn, I'm up too. I actual DID sleep last night but DH has been snoring since 4:30 and I got tired of "poking" him. We are going to meet my sister today, I can't wait to see her. Not sure what time we'll get home, so I didn't really plan anything else, I'll just wing it. I'm SURE I'll find something to do .

Lynn, you know they have a "glaze" you can put over the grout. It makes it waterproof, dirtproof, stainproof, etc. It would be a fairly big job because you'd have to really clean it before coating it. Maybe DH could do it or you could work together one weekend . I bet it would be worth it in the end.

Well, I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm sure I'll pop in tonight.
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Hope you have a fun time with your sister Linda! I KNOW you will!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lfia525 View Post
    Lynn, you know they have a "glaze" you can put over the grout. It makes it waterproof, dirtproof, stainproof, etc. It would be a fairly big job because you'd have to really clean it before coating it. Maybe DH could do it or you could work together one weekend . I bet it would be worth it in the end.

And I was just thinking about this as I was scrubbing again. I just did some research online about how to clean it! So I was trying a few different things. And the more I clean the more dirt I notice. Even though I am getting it cleaner there is just so much more to do! The room is 12 x 19. I think I WILL work on actually getting it CLEAN today and then look into SEALING it. I wonder if I could STAIN it?? Dark grout would be nice! That's what he just used in our bathroom. You live and learn!

Replies

Good morning Lynn and Linda! I woke up a little after 7 but have been moving slow! I too am still fighting a cold and am stuffy and it is moving into my chest. DS is getting ready for work and DH is already there but will be home in time for the wedding we have to go to. The church is at 2 pm reception starts at 5:30. So I have a dress for wedding but need to find something to wear to church, prob just a skirt. It is nearby so no need to wear my fancier dress. In fact lynn the church is right near your in-laws I think , in Palomino Farms. I am looking forward to the wedding, it is our neighbor's daughter (she used to babysit our kids) and in a nice country club. Should be fun!

Well I need caffeine, give me some of yours Lynn!

I had a floor like that before we redid my kitchen and it was a pain. I used to use a brush on my hands and knees with some tilex. And you are right you can seal it but first it has to be really clean. Which is a huge job I know! My laundry room I have to scrub but that doesn't get as much traffic as a kitchen and is much smaller. Good luck
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Hi, Buddies
    I've been busy at work most of the week-got home at 11:30 last night (Me= Bedtime at 9 !!!) I have the same shift tonight. Supposedly when things slow down, I can close the hot bar at 9 pm and definitely be done by 10:30. It's been super busy w/ the store opening-everyone is so excited it is finally here-so there have been mobs since Wednesday. But, I am doing well, and my team leader asked me last night if there is any way I could go to full time-I told him I would try one week at a time, and if it got to be too much, I'd tell him. The kids and DH are ok with it,so I'm going to give it a go.(With the hours I already have, that's only adding one more shift) That does mean, however, being totally organized here at home so things run smoothly in my absence as well as when I come home and am tired. Might put a few kinks in the girls' gymnastics attendance if I am working and DH can't get them there, but we are trying to help them understand how we sometimes have to work really hard and give up things we may want to do in order to make things work in the bigger picture. DH took a huge pay cut when he got his new job (which he still LOVES, by the way), so this is what we have to do right now. Anyway, it'll be fine.
    I couldn't sleep this morning, so I have already run a 5K, made quiche for tomorrow breakfast, CORE pumpkin muffins and choc. pumpkin muffins also for tomorrow. Cranberry barley stuffing is on the stove for my next few days at work for lunch or dinner, and I hope to get a few more things cranked out before everyone else gets up. I'm home till 1:30- so I have some time
    I'd better go- Nice to hear what you buddies are up to.
    Linda- Have a great time with your sister !
    Sue- have fun at the wedding-I LOVE weddings !
    Lynn- What can I say ?? You're a spaz !!!!! (In a nice way, of course...)

Have a good one
    Bridget
    SW 230
    CW 151.8
    GW 130

I'm back home after my mini-writing retreat. My mother has a timeshare by the beach that she wasn't able to use this week so I went down there for a few days to try and get some writing done. I didn't do as much as I wanted but I did manage to do a lot! (The Grace Kelly mini-marathon didn't help--I only watched Rear Window but I sure wanted to watch all three movies!).

The advantage of the timeshare is that it has a kitchenette so I was able to prepare all of my own meals and I'm down from my usual "princess time" weight gain, so we'll see what shows up on the scale when all is said and done.

Because we have always leased, I've always had to battle with cheap kitchen flooring. Our kitchen chairs have scuffed up and removed the top layer of the flooring near the table and it looks like I haven't cleaned the floor since the dawn of time. Well, actually, I haven't. My Honey is in charge of cleaning the hard floors.

Lots on the agenda today. Shopping, banking, more writing, etc.
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

Well it is good to hear that I'm not the only one dealing with less than a perfect nights sleep. Woke up at 1:40 and finally got out of bed at 4 and went back to bed/sleep after 6 and then back up at 7:30. I wish I could blame the caffine, but I've quit that habit. It bites me back every time during the night. .

Bridget, you are on one big working machine. You go girl. Wow, a lot of cooking.

Dr. Julie, I hope your writing vacation is just what the Dr. ordered and that your thoughts find paper with a simple flow.

I've been OP for the last 2 days. Feels good. Need to do more cooking like Bridget to always have SiFi on hand.

Y'all have a great day.

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!

hey buddies!

We started the day with glorious sunshine, now it's raining. I'm glad I got my errands done in the good weather!

We are having friends for dinner, so I am doing chicken, baked potatoes & a spinach salad, followed by fresh fruit salad. We will all eat healthily!

Have a good day

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Morning everyone.. err afternoon? LOL. It's only 11 am over here.

I am over at my mom's house/dog sitting and enjoying the silence. I am all sorts of proud of myself right now.. I went to the store and bought food for myself for the weekend. I think everything I bought except one little treat is all Sifi.

I'm supposed to be working right now but I am taking a break to eat breakfast.. I slept in a bit so my eating schedule is a little off but it's just me over here so I don't have to worry about schedules too much

Anyway, I thought I'd check in and say hey. I'll check back in later when I need another break lol.

Have a great Saturday!
    ~*Blythe*~

7/31/09: 10% Reached!
    8/28/09: 20 lbs Lost
    12/17/09: 50% Goal Reached! (32 lbs lost)
    Next Goal: 125 lbs

Replies

You guys crack me up!!!! Some of us sound like energizer bunnies don't we??? Geesh, Bridget, could you do MORE cooking????? Sounds like work is going great! I am very impressed!!!

I have decided that I can't get the grout clean enough to seal it at this time...perhaps in the summer...or after Ddog is "gone"....or at least in the summer when I can open the windows and all. I figure it has to DRY before you seal it...that's a long time for my kitchen floor to stay clean. It really is a beautiful floor and generally looks nice despite the dirty grout...or at least I think so!

I haven't gotten back to it as I am awaiting a call from my shoemaker....sounds odd huh? I have 1.6 c lifts put on my left shoe (soles) and I want him to look at my Dansko clog *collection* (5 pairs!! and that's just the CLOGS) because I KNOW the lifts vary a bit...anyway, not really worth explaining except that I have essentially been waiting for him to call for 1 1/2 hours. He wants to do this when the shop is closed so we don't get interrupted. That sounds WAY more interesting than it is!

I did a little shopping after WW, including a country store I'd never gone to. GREAT prices and neat stuff! I got rolled WHEAT flakes. Like oatmeal only WHEAT. They have roasted edamame at a better price than the only other place I've seen it and generally have a nice selection of produce and grains at great prices! It's near where I lead my WW meeting on Monday nights but not open when I'm there and is a bit far for frequent shopping. My other little country store is REALLY close...

I am making apple/cranbbery WHEAT pudding right now. Along with roasting two chickens. Nuthin' compared to Bridget's cooking so far today! I mean, she cooks at WORK and then on her TIME OFF!

I might go ahead and change into grungry clothes and resume my floor scrubbing, which I think is probably best done on the floor with a brush...there will be LOTS of painkillers consumed later today!

Nice to hear from so many people today!!!!

Blythe you are sounding READY!

Becky, have fun with your friends!

Irene, sounds like you are back in the groove

Julie, your mini retreat sounds fun! My DH SAYS he's going to do the floor. It's been YEARS since the last time he SAID he was going to do it

Sue, is the wedding at St. Paul's UMC by any chance?? (In Palomino Farms)...if so, that is where WE got married!!!! I believe it's not the only church in the development... while we're at it, which country club????? My inlaws don't live there anymore, they moved to a retirement community on Street Rd. a few miles away...that's actually where DH is RIGHT NOW!!!!!! (their house, not the church) I am very excited about your TV appearance on Tuesday. I HAVE to remember!!!!

Well, I have to find some old clothes and get scrubbing I guess. I think I may have been "stood up" by the shoemaker!

Replies

Lynn no it was at St. Roberts, the Catholic church but my DS went to St. Pauls for preschool! So I know the church. The reception is at Commonwealth Country Club in Horsham. The ceremony was beautiful I love weddings! So now a break till reception at 5:30. Neighbor who doesn't drink is driving us so we can relax. Not that I plan to drink too much but you have to be very careful and now we don't!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Sue, I knew there was at least one other church there! That would have been TOO funny. But it is still funny that your DS went there...We were gone from that area by the time your son was there for preschool. I'm not sure if we've been to that country club or not. Have fun!!!