Thread: Question about Cool Whip Frosting

Default Question about Cool Whip Frosting

For anyone who's used FF Cool Whip as a frosting for cake/cupcakes. Is it better to keep the cool whip cold and 'frost' the cake just before serving or is it ok to do it before and keep it at room temp.

I am going to mix in some SF/FF instant pudding mix into the softened Cool Whip but since I have never done it before I wondered if the 'frosting' would melt at room temp or not.

Thanks!
    Last edited by MommaChocoLatte; 11-12-2009 at 04:05 PM.
    ~*Blythe*~

7/31/09: 10% Reached!
    8/28/09: 20 lbs Lost
    12/17/09: 50% Goal Reached! (32 lbs lost)
    Next Goal: 125 lbs

TryingWW Guest

Default Re: Question about Cool Whip Frosting

The FF Cool Whip, in particular, breaks down (gets watery) as it gets warm. I would keep the mixture in the frig until the last possible moment. If you haven't tried FF Cool Whip you may want to do a taste test before using. The combination of stuff in the Cool Whip and the artificial sweetners in the pudding is not a great combo. I made them for school and none of the kids would eat the "icing." It is not something I will spend points on... and that's pretty bad considering it is only a few points that would be wasted!

Quote Originally Posted by TryingWW View Post
    The FF Cool Whip, in particular, breaks down (gets watery) as it gets warm. I would keep the mixture in the frig until the last possible moment. If you haven't tried FF Cool Whip you may want to do a taste test before using. The combination of stuff in the Cool Whip and the artificial sweetners in the pudding is not a great combo. I made them for school and none of the kids would eat the "icing." It is not something I will spend points on... and that's pretty bad considering it is only a few points that would be wasted!

Thank you! I hadn't mixed it up yet so I think I will just play it safe and just do the cool whip w/o the pudding. That way I can also use less CW than I had originally calculated pts for
    ~*Blythe*~

7/31/09: 10% Reached!
    8/28/09: 20 lbs Lost
    12/17/09: 50% Goal Reached! (32 lbs lost)
    Next Goal: 125 lbs

Cool Whip Frosting – I love this frosting! And you can vary the flavor by varying the flavor of pudding. We’ve made chocolate and lemon so far.

1 C lowfat milk
    1 8 oz Sugar Free Cool Whip
    1 Pkg Instant Chocolate Sugar Free Pudding
    1/4 C Sugar replacement SPlenda

Combine dry ingredients, whip milk in until smooth, fold in cool whip.
    Carrie

Total Lost: -107

I choose life!!!