Thread: SF Daily - Thursday - November 12th

1. Default SF Daily - Thursday - November 12th

Hi everyone,

Getting us started! Let's see, if I have this right, today might be Bridget's first day of work while the new store is open??!! I hope it goes well!!

I have to go to the store on my way to work, and then it is just a regular office day for me with a few more errands interspersed. I had a Vita-Mix juice with a bunch of garden vegetables first thing this morning and it was very good. Going to try an oatmeal thing next. I'll check in later!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Default Re: SF Daily - Thursday - November 12th

Good morning Sailor & all who follow

I am hoping to meet a friend for coffee today, I miss having my FF lattes at work. I keep telling DH I *need* a good espresso machine...it's not working so far! I think the fact that we need a roof & a furnace make my coffee requirements fall to the bottom of the list!

I also have to go to Toys R Us. I did most of the xmas shopping for the kids this week, and now my 8 yr old has changed his Santa letter & I need to exchange the DS game I bought him. We only get them 3 things off the list each, so they need to be the right things. The lists are getting mailed today so there can't be any more changes!

I am doing well with my 'hard core'. A friend asked me to go out for lunch yesterday - instead I took homemade soup to her house & she made a fruit salad - totally core. She had a lovely idea for water, some very elegant wine bottles with screw tops that she keeps filled with water in the fridge.

Anyway, I'd better get on & have my oatmeal & do a few chores around the house before I go out.

Have a great day buddies!

Becky

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Good morning, Buddies!

Every year it's a different trendy toy, right? One of my co-workers has been trying to find Zhu Zhu pets + accessories for her 6 year old daughter this Christmas. They are little hampsters with smart chips but less annoying than Furby. So on the way to work I decided to stop into Target just to see if they were in stock - I walked in as the store opened and found none of the actual pets...but nearly all the accessories. Score, with very little effort! I'll try a few more mornings for her to see if I can find the actual hamsters. They go for $8 at Target but are selling for crazy money on Amazon and eBay.

Edited - Got 'em!

I'm really glad DH isn't looking for an impossible toy - she basically wants more clothing for Christmas. We won't be spending much as our family gift is a five day cruise to the Bahamas starting the Monday after Christmas.

DD is pretty caught up as school, so we allowed her to do a double soccer practice last night.

DH spoke with the interim pastor at the other church. Sounds like a nice place but the prior pastor has had difficulty letting go - he was the founding pastor and was their only pastor for 31 years. Apparently no one asked the retired guy for his keys and he kept showing up on and off during the interim's tenure. This was rectified because the prior pastor has been making it difficult for the congregation to honor his service, then move on to the future. DH's interview is scheduled for next Friday.

Sailor, I think you must be right about Bridget...hope we hear from her today! And the Vita-Mix - seems like everyone is buying one...is it calling my name???

Becky, nice way to "dress up " your lunch!
    Last edited by verngator1; 11-12-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

OK now I need a good kick in the pants! I used SiFi for three weeks, lost a total of 5.5# very easily and then the problems started. My Mom had to come stay with me for 12 days, we had to do all the insurance, contracting, etc for her house and I started keeping DGS again. SOOOOO, for the last week I have been way off plan of any kind and have gained back almost 3#. I have got to get back on track today and stay there! I stayed SF yesterday but ate too much. Didn't gain anymore but I just know it was too much food.

I'm going back to step 1 and making the baked oatmeal today as well as cooking up some SF meals that I can just take out of the frig or freezer. I found out this REALLY works and is easy and then blew it! Just say a prayer for me today that I can get back on track. I KNOW this will work and I want to stick with it. I have printed out a ton of ya'lls recipes and it is NOT hard to do.

Sorry this has been such a ramble but I had to get it out somewhere!

Praying each of you have a wonderful day!
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

5. Default Re: SF Daily - Thursday - November 12th

Cherry, I'm glad you know where you got off track. Too much food will do it!! And while it is harder to stay on track while life is harder, still we MUST DO IT!!! And we can.

Veronica, if I see a zhu zhu hamster, I'll get it for you!

Becky, great job on the lunch and staying OP!!

We had Vita-Mix Tortilla Soup for supper - you make it right in the Vita-Mix and it heats up while it processes in 6 minutes! Then we rinsed out the canister to try out the light alfredo sauce recipe. That was good, but has some points; I haven't calculated how many yet. The only thing you have to count is 2 TBSP light cream cheese and a tbsp flour (over 4 servings). I had FF parmesan to use. Again, it heats in the canister while processing for 5 minutes. So I really like that feature. I had a great smoothie with oats in it for breakfast. I thought we'd try it and take it back if it wasn't really worth it, but I think we'll keep it. In a little while I'm going to make some dessert - a fruit smoothie of some sort. I got some nice fresh strawberries at the grocery on the way home.

Hope everyone has had a good day so far!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Question Re: SF Daily - Thursday - November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post

We had Vita-Mix Tortilla Soup for supper - you make it right in the Vita-Mix and it heats up while it processes in 6 minutes! Then we rinsed out the canister to try out the light alfredo sauce recipe. That was good, but has some points; I haven't calculated how many yet. The only thing you have to count is 2 TBSP light cream cheese and a tbsp flour (over 4 servings). I had FF parmesan to use. Again, it heats in the canister while processing for 5 minutes. So I really like that feature. I had a great smoothie with oats in it for breakfast. I thought we'd try it and take it back if it wasn't really worth it, but I think we'll keep it. In a little while I'm going to make some dessert - a fruit smoothie of some sort. I got some nice fresh strawberries at the grocery on the way home.

Hope everyone has had a good day so far!
    Sailorwoman, have you written the VM Tortilla Soup recipe somewhere? I've read about it many times but haven't ever seen the ingredients or the recipe (nor have I tasted it during a demonstration). And I would love to see it.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

7. Default Re: SF Daily - Thursday - November 12th

Quote Originally Posted by WWCarol View Post
    Sailorwoman, have you written the VM Tortilla Soup recipe somewhere? I've read about it many times but haven't ever seen the ingredients or the recipe (nor have I tasted it during a demonstration). And I would love to see it.
    I got it from the big cookbook that came with my machine. I just looked, though, and the recipe is on the Vita-Mix website, in their recipes section: http://vitamix.ahoy.com/recipe/recipe.cgi/0/274/

Enjoy!
    Sailorwoman

Replies

Thumbs up Re: SF Daily - Thursday - November 12th

It's not in my cookbook (I don't think... ) so I appreciate your finding it.

When I was looking for the recipe I read where someone said THIS RECIPE is the REASON she bought a VitaMix! LOL.

Thanks, SW ~

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Hey Carol,

I see that you got to goal again in August. Congratulations! WTG BCB!

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!