Thread: SF Daily~Wednesday~Nov. 11

Replies

Default SF Daily~Wednesday~Nov. 11

Hi buddies!

Had my mammo yesterday, glad that's done 'til next year . Today, I have an appt. to look at wedding invitations with DD. But, for the whole morning I plan to be in the kitchen, cleaning, rearranging, and, if I can get all the dogs and people out of the way, waxing the floor. It is long overdue! My freezer upstairs is like a booby-trap, the kids get things from the basement freezer, eat some, and then are too lazy to go back down to the basement, so they cram it in the small freezer !! I may have to threaten to stop buying their "snacky foods" if they don't put it back where it belongs! After I get all that done I can make my grocery list and do the shopping tomorrow. I want to plan for a week and a half ( today- next Friday) so I have to have room in that freezer! They're calling for rain for the next few days, so I'll get some good ol' core cooking and baking done and be all set.

I'll pop back in during my "coffee-break". Have a good day buds!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Default Re: SF Daily~Wednesday~Nov. 11

Morning all!

I did the 'santa' shopping yesterday, there is one thing missing that I have to order on line & Santa is done for this year! We have bought the kids 3 Santa gifts each, everything else comes from the grandparents etc. I just need to buy the Santa gift wrap, I buy a roll for each child with Santa on (different one each) and use it for their stockings & Santa gifts. They never see the gift wrap so it keeps the magic alive! Our 10 yr old doesn't believe any more, but the 8 yr old does.

We have sent the invitations for our annual holiday party, we host a Cheese & Wine evening - everyone brings a piece of cheese & a bottle of wine! I then send all the leftover cheese to my friends house for their New Years Eve Party, gets it out of my home! I always make sure there are plenty of core options available too, and luckily I find that when you host the party you don't get time to eat! We are inviting about 80 people (and no kids!) so it could be a busy evening! My parents will be here so I will have extra hands to help with clean up!

I am really focusing on being 'hard core' this week, tracking my GHG's, especially water which I have trouble with. I bought some 'diet' cranberry & pomegrante, 10 cals for 1 cup and I'm putting a small amount in water to give it some taste!

Have a good one buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Becky I too am hosting a holiday party. I just sent out a save the date email (Dec 5th) now I need to get on invitations! I usually do main food then have poeople bring desserts and appetizers. Last year was a big group, maybe 50-60, not your 80 though!

Linda, I have freezer issues too, except it is me, buying too much when it is on sale. I need to eat down the freezer.

Today I have office work then maybe my nails/ped. We have a wedding to go to this Saturday, our neighbor's daughter. She used to be our babysittier. so one more pedi as my shoes are open toe. i got a great deal on a black dress, $30 at Ross. I have 3 weddings this year and figure I can change out the shoes for each if I want to. All 3 weddings are friends children, that's how I know I am old now !

Last night we had sea bass that DH had helped catch on a boat on Monday. It was so good. I will share recipe in recipe board. Nothing like fresh fish. I gave my parents some and my dad said how good it was also.

Tonight is Powder Puff game at high school. Girls play football and boys cheerleaders. DS is a cheerleader. Should be really funny!
    Gotta run.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Hi Buds
    Off work today-hurrah. The store is opening today-it's gonna be CRAZY there- so glad I am here !!!!!
    I am home paying bills, packing stuff to ship for e-bay, and enjoying having all the kids & DH home ! We may go grocery shopping-DH was paid a day early, fitting in very well with my schedule, as I work tomorrow thru Saturday night, and probably won't have time to shop.
    We are plugging along w/ Christmas shopping- almost done. I hope to be all finished by Thanksgiving. We also have a 10 y/o birthday girl next Friday, so I have been working on that as well.
    I got on the scale this morning and am down 4 pounds since last check. I am really happy with that- almost back in the 140s- where I'd like very much to be. Maybe the new work schedule will help- and there is NO eating on the job-which will help curtail my afternoon cravings !!
    I'd better get back to the bills
    Linda- happy cleaning !
    Becky-I'd definitely have trouble with having the cheese in the house-nice job having a plan for it when you no longer need it !!

Have a great one, Buddies
    Bridget
    SW 230
    CW 151.8
    GW 130

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by becky1973 View Post
    Morning all!

We have sent the invitations for our annual holiday party, we host a Cheese & Wine evening - everyone brings a piece of cheese & a bottle of wine! I then send all the leftover cheese to my friends house for their New Years Eve Party, gets it out of my home! I always make sure there are plenty of core options available too, and luckily I find that when you host the party you don't get time to eat! We are inviting about 80 people (and no kids!) so it could be a busy evening! My parents will be here so I will have extra hands to help with clean up!
    Quote Originally Posted by SueC View Post
    Becky I too am hosting a holiday party. I just sent out a save the date email (Dec 5th) now I need to get on invitations! I usually do main food then have poeople bring desserts and appetizers. Last year was a big group, maybe 50-60, not your 80 though!
    I always host the neighborhood Christmas party (every year my friends say " let's take turns hosting", then nobody ever does it!) We end up with 60-75 people and what I've done for the past 3 years is, I split the list in half. Half get an invitation that says -Please bring an appetizer to share, the other half says- Please bring a dessert to share. I supply the punch, coffee, tea, soda and wine (thank goodness for Trader Joe's $3 wine!!), and paper cups, plates, napkins. We always end up with more that enough food and it doesn't "break the bank" at an already expensive time of year. I start it at about 7:00 and even the ones that didn't eat dinner have plenty to eat. I really love the wide range of goodies, old favorites, ethnic, holiday treats, etc. Everyone has fun and no one has to do too much prep!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Good morning, Buddies!

Yeah, it's Wednesday...and I'm looking ahead to a Saturday without soccer. (There is a Sunday game - I will drop off DD before church and DH will pick her up afterwards, so we will miss the game.) I'm hoping to get some organizing and house cleaning done this weekend.

Soccer practice was rained out last night so I had time to make a SiFi/Core +1 chicken parmesan - baked chicken with the tiniest bit of breadcrumbs + veggie parm as breading, melted FF mozzarella on top and served with w/leftover core marinara sauce on the side. Wish I had leftovers for lunch today! Once again I'll be trolling the boards today for dinner inspiration.

After reading other posts it's hitting me that Thanksgiving (and Christmas) are not so far away. Where did 2009 go?

Linda - even with only three of us, our kitchen freezer is a mess...it never stays organized. Same thing with the part of the cupboard where we store all our plastic containers!

That's probably a good idea for our household, Sue - we also need to eat down both freezers.

Bridget, do you sell a lot of stuff on eBay?

Becky - Sue - Linda - I miss having big parties...we live in a tiny house now and don't have room...
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Linda I like that idea, too bad i just finished printing my invitations out. But almost everyone asks what to bring and I split up telling people either dessert or appetizer so it is know of the same. And we usually end up with lots of wine gifts. I just do a few main entrees and a salad, I am thinking ceasar this year with a FF or light dressing on side and a creamy dressing for those that want it. I thought in PA that you couldn't get the TJ $3 wine. do you got to NJ? PA is so strict with the liquor laws.

This year we decided to cut out taking our employees and significant others out to dinner and just invite them to the party so that will save us quite a bit of money.

Now i am off to get more invitaions. I had some left from last year but not enough.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

I'm amazed you can FIT that many people IN your house AND park that many cars around your house. We have this odd situation with the location of our house that essentially prohibits large gatherings because we can't park that many cars around our house, not even a FEW cars really!!! I'd love to entertain more, but it really isn't DH's thing and my house isn't really set up for it....I am envious!

And...generally..HI buddies!!!! I REALLY need to write a report that is due tomorrow!

Good Morning All.

Kids are home today due to the hoilday. I have a pork tenderloin with ww pasta & salad planned for dinner tonight. YUM! Leftover chili from last night for lunch and going to do my 2 mile WATP dvd.

Hope everyone else has a great day.
    ~*Blythe*~

7/31/09: 10% Reached!
    8/28/09: 20 lbs Lost
    12/17/09: 50% Goal Reached! (32 lbs lost)
    Next Goal: 125 lbs

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post
    I'm amazed you can FIT that many people IN your house AND park that many cars around your house. We have this odd situation with the location of our house that essentially prohibits large gatherings because we can't park that many cars around our house, not even a FEW cars really!!! I'd love to entertain more, but it really isn't DH's thing and my house isn't really set up for it....I am envious!

And...generally..HI buddies!!!! I REALLY need to write a report that is due tomorrow!
    Since ours is a neighborhood party, most people walk. The funny thing is, even though I have a large kitchen, I also have the livingroom, diningroom, and family room all on the 1st floor. Would you believe, EVERYONE ends up in the kitchen!! I spend half the night trying to coax people into the other rooms . We all cram in like sardines and the temperature ends up around 90 degrees!! Oh well, we have fun anyway.
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

11. Default Re: SF Daily~Wednesday~Nov. 11

Quote Originally Posted by verngator1 View Post
    even with only three of us, our kitchen freezer is a mess...it never stays organized. Same thing with the part of the cupboard where we store all our plastic containers!
    We don't even open the cupboard with the plastic containers!! TOO DANGEROUS!!!! They FLY RIGHT OUT AT YOU!!!! I guess maybe that should be on the list of things to do....
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

I always had a small kitchen till about 3 years ago now the same thing happens. Everyone in the kitchen and last year a friend was trying to make scallops and bacon it was so hot! finally when people wanted to sit to eat they dispersed. Plus we split up the drinks in different areas to get people to move

So went and got more invitations and then found more of course. But they were ones I needed to write out and I had already typed something to print so I will save more for next year. Although I moved them so they will be easier to find.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post

A lot of folks live close by...but there is also plenty of on street parking out here in the 'burbs.

My house is like Linda's - main floor family room, living room, dining room & kitchen - and everyone stays in the litchen! I usually put the food in the dining room (it is l shaped with the living room) & the drinks in the kitchen - maybe I'll switch it up a bit this year & see if that reloactes the crowd.

I love having a houseful of friends, we are lucky to have a home that accomodates everyone & I like making the most of it during the holidays.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

The ridiculous thing is that I DO live in the 'burbs! Practically RURAL even. We just happen to have this tiny streets!!!!It's really crazy!!!!

And we NEVER imagined we'd still be living in the same house 15 years later! DH had moved very frequently for his job up to that point (Methodist minister)..but we are still here!!! I like my house, for the most part, but it would be nice if it were more entertainment friendly!

15. Default Re: SF Daily~Wednesday~Nov. 11

Well the big excitement here is we got a new Vita-Mix at Costco today. We went down to buy it and the guy had moved on to another store, so we had to go to another store to get it. Fortunately, there are a number of Costcos here, and he was at one that was just about 10 miles from the first store.

So this one is better because it has the variable speed feature, and you can make soups in it.

It is so funny because I really am not a big appliance person, and when DF moved in and brought his Vita-Mix I was all opposed (I already had a blender, after all) and he kept trying to explain how much more you could do with it and I just didn't get it. So his Vita-Mix went to the house in NH. Then I became a convert! I use it a LOT up there!! I make smoothies in it like the ones I used to make with my juicer (but stopped using when started WW b/c the juicer takes out all of the fiber, and then you have to count points, but how do you figure the points - it was too much for me!!). I also make peanut butter in it for DF, but I have to really watch myself with that (I have a tendency to make very "rounded" tablespoons, if you know what I mean )

I made guacamole tonight and, of course, it is delicious. I also made a green smoothie, but we both agreed this particular recipe was not one of our favorites.

Next, I'm going to try some kind of "ice cream" thing for dessert. We just got home from running out to pick up a free Craigslist find (dog grooming table) and you know you have to go right out and get those things or you will miss them.

So, we've been busy little beavers here. I'll keep you posted about the new improved Vita-Mix progress. It will be different having me report in about a kitchen appliance!!

Be well!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)