Thread: OT: Rank the seasons

Replies

Smile OT: Rank the seasons

I have been thinking about how I hate to see summer go, but I am REALLY enjoying fall... I generally think of myself as an extreme weather person. I like it HOT and I like it COLD....so winter has been second favorite, but I'm REALLY enjoying fall...and maybe it's because I'm so into cycling these day...I can still BIKE in the fall (without freezing)....anyway...what is your FAVORITE SEASON???? RANK them in order, favorite to least favorite...here's mine:

• Summer
    • Winter
    • Fall
    • Spring
    But I don't know...now that I'm a cyclist I might have to rearrange that....I LOVE winter but it is definitely not cyclist friendly here in PA! I think Spring is just too muddy and depressing in some ways...all that rain and winter's over..but of course I can get back out on my bike!

Replies

Default Re: OT: Rank the seasons

I would bet that Lancaster is beautiful in the Winter (all the seasons, really).

I like Spring and Fall the best.
    Summer is my least favorite.
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

Replies

I used to like winter the best. I thought it as very romantic...lol. But now that I have three kids I hate winter because we have to stay at home all day and that can be pretty boring for the kids. Besides, they we sick more during the winter. So here are mine:

• Summer
    • Spring
    • Fall
    • Winter.

The hotter, the better!
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

I do not like the bitter cold in Northern WI.

Fall
    Summer
    Spring
    Winter
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

Since I have Seasonal Affective Disorder these are mine:

Summer
    Spring
    Fall
    Winter
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

6. Default Re: OT: Rank the seasons

Winter (I am a snow angel!!!)
    Summer
    Spring
    Fall

But, that said, I love all 4 seasons. So, I really am in the right place, because we have 4 very distinct seasons in New England. Up here in NH where I am for the weekend, though, there really is not much of a spring. It is just called mud season!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

I am in Quebec, so like sailor in NH we get 4 real seasons. One thing I love about living here compared to the UK is the amount of sunshine we get, even in winter (when it glares off the snow). I certainly don't miss the greyness of UK wonters from October to April with lots of rain!

My list would be:

1. Autumn (Fall)
    2. Spring
    3. Summer & Winter tie really. I love to play out in the snow & being cold bothers me less than being too hot. However, I also love getting in the pool & being outdoors without wearing loads of layers - so the two are a tie for me.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

I used to love all the seasons, but like Lynn now that I SO LOVE MY BIKE, do not look forward to Winter. I like Winter when it acts like Winter with lots of snow, but if we have cold rain, UGH!!!!!!!!!!!! If we were rating months I would have to say - I really hate November (not winter yet, Fall is over, it is just cold and dark). Live in upstate NY, I'm sure in the South November can be lovely.
    So as for rating:
    Summer
    Spring
    Fall
    Winter

Replies

I definitely like Spring the best! Ranking in order:
    Spring
    Summer
    Fall
    Winter

(Moved to the South to get rid of the cold icy winters in NY. The first year here we had 18" snow!)
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

Replies

So glad my buddies joined me in this! I also really enjoy ALL the seasons so it's good that I live where we "have" them!!!

Replies

Love spring so number 1 (guess that's because I'm a spring baby)
    Summer
    Fall
    Winter (dislike winter!)
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

We are near the Gulf of Mexico, which moderates both the heat and the cold.

I love hot and sunny during the day, cool at night. In our part of Florida we have three seasons that I track by evening low temperatures, not daytime highs.

My favorite - Moderate - usually starts in October, but sometimes starts in September...runs through the end of April/early May.

Very warm - May and September...a mixture of Moderate and...

...Pretty Freaking Hot - June through August...great during the day, miserable at night!

In visiting family up North - I despise snow and cold weather with overcast skies, and I find fall depressing once all the leaves are gone from the trees.
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by verngator1 View Post
    Very warm - May and September...a mixture of Moderate and...

...Pretty Freaking Hot

14. Default Re: OT: Rank the seasons

Quote Originally Posted by verngator1 View Post
    I find fall depressing once all the leaves are gone from the trees.
    Rather than looking at what's gone (the leaves), next time you're up north try looking - really paying attention to - the silhouettes of the trees, the trunks and branches, as they reach upward. I see them as the unsung heroes of the tree world; they support the whole system, but we tend to focus on the pageantry of the colors of the leaves as they bud, and bloom, and turn color. For me the trunks and branches are like what's inside a person that makes her who she is. Not always apparent on the outside, but much more "visible" during the person's "winter" seasons that come along during difficult times.

On a more practical level, the last thing we need up here in winter is shade. When the leaves fall, the winter sun can get through easily!!

Be well.
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Yeah, I love the bare trees too! I'm glad Veronica lives where she belongs!

16. Default Re: OT: Rank the seasons

I know exactly what you mean! I love to visit Florida, but I would just die if I had to live there!! I have friends who moved down there from Boston and they are so, so much happier in the warmer weather, and they hate snow, so they are not missing anything!! It is truly wonderful that we have so many climates and types of geography in this world of ours!!!
    Sailorwoman

Replies

I've never been tested for it, but like Judy I probably suffer from Seasonal Affective Disorder. And when I get really cold, only a hot bath will do.

When we lived in Columbus the skies were gray for most of the fall and winter...and frequently during the spring and summer...I think I could have dealt with the cold weather better if we had a glimpse of the sun.

Kansas was VERY sunny - typically more sunny days than we have here! - and winters felt less depressing and heavy.

So maybe it's a sunshine thing? I actually do enjoy blue skies in the fall and winter.

This page takes a long time to load - but very pretty - pictures of our Kansas yard, after a big snowstorm...

Yeah, it's a lot of pictures...we were trying to sell the house at the time...I sure miss that house...
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
    Rather than looking at what's gone (the leaves), next time you're up north try looking - really paying attention to - the silhouettes of the trees, the trunks and branches, as they reach upward. I see them as the unsung heroes of the tree world; they support the whole system, but we tend to focus on the pageantry of the colors of the leaves as they bud, and bloom, and turn color. For me the trunks and branches are like what's inside a person that makes her who she is. Not always apparent on the outside, but much more "visible" during the person's "winter" seasons that come along during difficult times.

On a more practical level, the last thing we need up here in winter is shade. When the leaves fall, the winter sun can get through easily!!

Be well.
    Nice perspective...
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Beautiful pictures and nice (former) house V!