Thread: SF Daily~Monday~Nov. 9

Replies

Default SF Daily~Monday~Nov. 9

Hey there buddies!

It's 5:30 and I already feel like I need a nap . I just hate these sleepless nights, but at least, I know I'm not alone around here. I do have some Sleepytime tea, I'll try that tonight! Why is it that husbands can get in bed and be asleep in seconds!?! ( Then, of course the snoring doesn't help me sleep ).

Working today, but I have the rest of the week off. I have my mammo tomorrow, a meeting at work, and then I watch Mikey. Wednesday, I have an appt. to look at wedding invitations with DD and her future MIL. Thursday is the appt. with a photographer and hopefully I can get to the grocery shopping. Thankfully, I have a freezer and pantry filled with things to make SF meals to hold me over until then.

I'll be back later to check in on all my buddies. Have a great day!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Default Re: SF Daily~Monday~Nov. 9

Good morning Linda and all to follow!

Linda, try the sleepy time extra, and/or the Valerian capsules! They really work for me! You might also want to try the Estraven (I got some at Giant, BOGO, store brand) and that has also worked for me (I think, I took it with the Valerian so it's hard to say).

I am staying home sick today. I don't feel well but it's not terrible either. I want to nip it in the bud AND keep my germs away from others. Hopefully this won't turn into something worse.

Of course it is a beautiful day and a great day for a ride...might have to go out for a spin...I'll see how I feel. It is supposed to be about 70 degrees!!!!

I hope to get some mending done today. I've been wanting to do that for at least a week. Just haven't had the time at home, sitting down, to do it!

Make it a great day buddies!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Good Morning Linda, Lynn, and all who follow.

I am back on the wagon, so to speak. After a few horrible weeks of family crisis and not eating well, my body has revolted and has given me an ultimatum...eat well or else.

I was able to go to the grocery store yesterday and stock up on the things we needed and have a couple days planned out.

Now I just need to catch up on the posts, LOL.

It feels great to be back.
    ‎"If you really want something, you'll find a way; if you don't, you'll find an excuse." - Unknown

Replies

Welcome back Sheri!!!

Sorry to hear you've been through a tough time but glad to hear your body gave you an ultimatum!!!

Eating well is definitely the best way to take care of YOU!

Replies

Good morning! I am exhausted. I was at the terrible Eagles game and didn't get to bed till 1:30 and up with DS at 6:15. I am still trying to get over my cold and being tired isn't helping. I did not exercise and feel guilty but sometimes you have to listen to your body. Since it will be nice later I am hoping to walk but heck I might nap! I just did the neti pot to hopefully get rid of some of this sinus pressure. Last time i had a cold it really helped.

I am thinking maybe my body is revolting also. Time for Turbo Sifi also. It was a long weekend of eating out and sitting for long periods. I hate sitting fo that long.

Lynn if more people stayed out of the schools when they felt sick it wouldn't be running so rampant. My gym friend was sick for 2 weeks and didn't miss a day (she is a teacher) and all I could think is you made everyone else sick! And didn't get better as quickly as you could have if you rested. Take care!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Sue, I think I might head toward Philly today to do some errands. That's rest right? Sitting in the car??? Anyway, I might pass by a Trader Joe's or some other place that might have the Galaxy veggie parm...any thoughts about this? (anybuddy can answer this....Sue if you know a suburban Philly store/chain that carries it let me know) I'll stock up!!!!

Replies

Lynn I think i got my veggie parm at Wegmans. Not sure if TJ carries it. It was ok. I ate it but family no way would.
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Thanks! I'll try a Wegmans if I pass one. We don't have any around here. I promise to not breathe on anyone in the Philly area if I head there today. I have some cycling tights to return in Paoli and might stop by the Dansko outlet in West Grove. I can never get to either of those places, not enough time! So I could relax in the car...we'll see....

Replies

Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Good morning, Core Buddies!

Beautiful weekend here, but a bit windy. Soccer and not too much else. Hurricane Ida is headed for the Panhandle/LA (Lower Alabama)/Mississippi...not near us...keep the Gulf Coast in your prayers. Thankfully it’s been a quiet hurricane season.

Resumed Messiah rehearsals, and had a great time.

Lynn – DH has an interview on 11/20. I’m trying not to get my hopes up as there will several others interviewing…

Linda - Concerning sleepless nights – I have also tried the regular Sleepytime, and that also works…but the stuff with valerian has that extra kick. My problem hasn’t been in falling asleep, it has been in remaining asleep until morning, and the Sleepytime definitely helps with that. And I’m with you...if I fall asleep before DH, I’m good – otherwise the snoring doesn’t help! And how did I miss DD being engaged? When is the big day? Do you have something divine picked out for the wedding?

Sheri, good job – better to get back at it sooner rather than later!

Sue, you are right – if I’m fighting something, I have to skip the exercise… sleep is all that seems to work for me…
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Hi buddies

I have my 8 yr old home today. We've had two bad nights with him coughing, so i kept him home to rest. He doesn't have a fever so it's not the 'flu, just a nasty cough.

I am joining the 'turbo-core' wagon today! I always think of it as 'hard-core'!

Anyway, i'd better go & check on my boy. He went to bed for a nap so hopefully he's had some sleep & will be back to school soon.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by verngator1 View Post
    Veronica, that just tells you where they sell their products, not the specific product...unfortunately....Most stores have the veggie shreds and that's it...have to pretty much show up to find out. Hope the interview goes well!

Becky hope your little one is feeling better soon. on the turbo and/or hard core!

I have gotten a lot done, while...uh...also...relaxing. Some mending (pretty relaxing), a little baking, some cleaning (how can you be home and NOT clean?) AND cleaning my old bike (which happens to be in my living room right now)....I decided not to do the "road trip"...so I kept all my germs to myself...

Replies

[quote=verngator1;1828016]Good morning, Core Buddies!

Linda - And how did I miss DD being engaged? When is the big day? Do you have something divine picked out for the wedding?

/quote]

I'm not sure how you missed that! DD got engaged last Christmas and is getting married Sept. 10, 2010. We have most of the planning done. She has her dress, the bridesmaids dresses, the reception hall, church, DJ, and we are still looking for a photographer ( boy! they book up years before!! ). I don't have my dress (of course, I'm hoping to be thinner ). When DS got married, I got my dress 10 days before the wedding . I guess I work better under pressure!

By the way, I'm 90% sure my other DD will be getting a ring this Chritmas! I may have to mortgage the house!!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Lfia525 View Post
    DD got engaged last Christmas and is getting married Sept. 10, 2010.
    Ah - ha...it's only recently that I've been more active on this board...and I must have spaced on any references you've made within your posts...sorry!

And yikes! Any chance the next DD will elope? Maybe you can pay her off - it might be cheaper that way! no, not really!

I'm hoping my DD will want to keep it simple when the time comes...and I'm hoping that DH won't be doing the wedding...he'd never get through it without getting choked up...
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator