Thread: Keeping Track of Food

Replies
    Blog Entries

Default Keeping Track of Food

So I did SiFi all last week and I lost weight. But at my meeting this woman who has done SiFi for a long time told me that if I was tracking my food, I was doing it wrong.

Personally, if I don't plan my food the night before, and then follow through by correcting my list to show what I ate, I can't tell if I hit all 8 guidelines. I'm not measuring as many foods, just the ones that I have to count WPAs for... seems to me that the people on this board do indeed plan their food and keep track of what they ate, to be successful.

Could some experienced SiFi folks tell me what you do? I mean, I've been lurking here a while, and I think this woman is just wrong. She can do as she likes, but I think its quite possible to plan out my food and keep track of what I eat, without having done the plan wrong.

Thanks...
    Mini-Goal

2. Default Re: Keeping Track of Food

I track my food. But I don't write everything down anymore. When I was in losing mode, I kept track of everything on my computer. If needed, I wrote things down and entered them on the computer when I was on it later.

Now I can mentally track the GHGs, and I don't eat all of my WPAs and APs so I really don't need to keep a running tab on them. But there are times when I think I may be going over, and I'll jot things down on my computer or on a note pad. I think writing things down helps us all.

Do whatever works best for you. On SiFi we don't count points as we would if we were on flex, but most people, I think, do keep track, in written form or otherwise.

Hope this helps. Be well.
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Default Re: Keeping Track of Food

I suspect that woman meant counting points by "tracking". Obviously we only need to count points for non filling foods. I track my WPAs and my APs. I don't write anything else down. Works for me. Oh, I do try to keep track of my GHGs...

Replies

Do what works for you! In LOSING MODE I journaled because I needed to be aware of what I was eating and to avoid doubling up on certain foods during one day (lean ground beef, pasta/potato/rice).

I didn't jounal quantities of non SiFi/Core foods, but I did track them.

B: Coffee with 2TBS half & half -1pt
    oatmeal with banana + blueberries
    L: Leftover bulgur + veggie "fried rice" , FF milk
    D: Core meatloaf, salad, brussel sprouts, FF milk

Various snacks during the day:
    Apple, pear, red bell peppers ( I eat these by the bushel!), WW Giant Fudge bar - 2pt (or whatever, I can't remember how many points these things were...I used to be addicted to them but they sure kept me out of trouble!)

Total food points used - 3pts
    Exercise WPA's earned - 3pts

So yes, I journaled, but not to the nth degree of detail.
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies
    Blog Entries

Smile Re: Keeping Track of Food

Thanks!! I'm writing down my foods, and just putting checkmarks if they are a filling food, or what point amount it is, if I have to count it as some WPAs. Then I figure out my GHGs and add in whatever APs I've earned.

Sounds like I'm doing it OK. Still very new at this!!

Thanks!
    -m-
    Mini-Goal

I usually journal everything I put in my mouth but that is for my own sanity more than anything else. I use a spreadsheet and all SiFi foods I list as 0 and only add in pts for the non-SiFi foods up to 35 and whatever APs I earn.

Like it was already said before.. do what works for YOU. And welcome.
    ~*Blythe*~

7/31/09: 10% Reached!
    8/28/09: 20 lbs Lost
    12/17/09: 50% Goal Reached! (32 lbs lost)
    Next Goal: 125 lbs