Thread: Where to start?

Default Where to start?

I've always followed the 123 WW plan, so I don't know if I could even do the core/simply filling, but I want to try. I'm about 10 lbs from my original goal of 150, and I'm struggling. I stay on track for a while and then when I don't see any loss I fall off. I have read the Newbie start here on the Simply Filling plan, but I'm still confused. What kind of things do you eat and not eat and do you follow actual points? Would someone mind telling me what their menu would look like on a normal day. Like breakfast, lunch, supper and any snacks. I would love any help I can get!

Thanks,
    Dawn
    SW-230/CW-160/GW-150/PGW-140

Replies

Default Re: Where to start?

Hi Ministerwife!

I've seen your posts before (and even your before and after pics, I think). I'm a minister wife too! And well, I started SiFi a week ago and I'm still trying to understand and plan my meals. I can't be much help to you but I only wanted to say welcome!
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Dawn, I have done Flex on and off for years. About a month ago I tried Simply Filling and I am loving it. I did not think it matched my eating style, but it does. This thread is where I started, plus I read the sticky on Core/Simply Filling FAQ's. I hope this helps.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

Well Dawn, apparently, if you are a minister's wife, THIS is the place to be!!!! I'm one too! So is Veronica!! And Lily already told you she is too!!!

Anyway, did you read the Newbies and Lurkers what questions do you have? thread? That should help too. Also, hang out at the WW official website Filling Foods board ("community").

Did Trudie already direct you to a menu thread? If not, there is one on this page! I posted what I ate today on it as did others. If you scroll through recent pages you will see lots of menus.

Simply Filling is FABULOUS! The BEST food plan BY FAR that I have ever experienced! I've been doing it for over four years, mostly at goal and I will never eat any other way.

IF you have specific questions ask them. I bet you'll find most of them answered by reading reading reading!!!! But we're always happy to answer questions!

WELCOME!!!

Replies

Holy Cow!! Are u kidding me? What a coincidence!

My FIL is the Main Pastor in this Assambly of God Church called "El Redentor". I grew up in a Methodist church but started attending this other church when i was 19 then i met my hubby! (lucky me!). My hubby helps his father A LOT in the church but he works part time. He is also an accountant. He works sooooo much.
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Thanks ladies, especially for the link! Wow that link is really helping me out! I tried the Blood Type diet a couple of months ago and lost down to 156 in a week, but then the second week I started retaining water. Does anyone else have a problem with this? The idea of that diet is basically to cut out all the processed foods. I just don't want to start retaining water again. I do drink allot of water (32 oz with every meal).
    Anyway, thanks again! I'm sure I'll be back with more questions.

Dawn
    SW-230/CW-160/GW-150/PGW-140

Replies

Another minister's wife chiming in...we are Lutheran.

I did SiFi when it was called Core...and LOVED IT. It works - check out my sig.

I count points for non-Core/SiFi things (half & half in my morning coffee, certain treats and "extras" that I like with my meals). At first I journaled just so that I was aware of what points I ate, but I've been maintaining long enough to know in my head where I am points-wise.

While in losing mode I did not measure Core/Si-Fi foods, but I was very, very careful about understanding my satisfaction level. I DID measure out "points" foods.

My breakfasts are usually the same every day. My lunches are typically left-overs, and my dinners are usually Core/Si-Fi plus one or two points. I find family-friendly meal ideas in the Simply Filling Recipes forum.

Welcome, and I hope you find great success with Simply Filling!
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

My husband is a United Methodist minister, just to be specific...

Don't worry about retaining water. And just FYI, there isn't any reason to drink that much water! WW says 48 oz of fluid per day, and, really, the scientific literature says it isn't necessary, nor will it help with weight loss, to over-hydrate....

This is all about it being a lifestyle not a diet. SiFi is totally sustainable for LIFE. No gimmicks, just a good, healthy way of eating.