Thread: What's your favorite SiFi Friendly Restaurant?

Replies

Default What's your favorite SiFi Friendly Restaurant?

Sometimes I visit El Paso, TX. And I would like to know from you guys, your SiFi friendly options...

BTW I LOVE the Red Lobster!
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Replies

Default Re: What's your favorite SiFi Friendly Restaurant?

There's a local restaurant here where I get a salad with a spicy black bean burger and ff raspberry vinagrette. Totally SiFI!

I also like Ruby Tuesdays! They have a GREAT salad bar complete with edamame!!! And I get their "Creole Catch" with a baked potato instead of the rice. Count a few points for unknown fats and it's otherwise SiFi. I also sometimes get the Salmon and count points for the sauce.

I've been to Red Lobster once. I got salmon with a baked potato and broccoli. It was good.

Replies

Is that it? You don't know of any other places?
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua-lily View Post
    Is that it? You don't know of any other places?
    Well you asked for your FAVORITE SiFi FRIENDLY restaurant...not every restaurant you can think of...

Some of the other ones can be a bit more challenging...but there's
    • Olive Garden (beware the "whole wheat pasta" is really a BLEND and therefore not a filling food), You can ask for veggies in place of pasta.
    • Outback (good food but plenty of added fats I'm sure, I usually go with the salmon there too),
    • Texas Roadhouse (beware the bacon on the green beans, didn't see that one coming initially)...I also tend to get salmon there (do you detect theme?)....
    • There are tons of other chains (Chili's, Applebee's, etc.) that have very similar food. Sometimes I get the big salad with grilled chicken or tuna. Ask for what you do NOT want on the salad (like cheese, croutons, bacon,

I almost always get grilled salmon, baked potato (sweet or regular) and a steamed veggie.

If I get a salad I ask for no croutons or cheese.

I also figure on counting SOME points no matter what...

Replies

thank you Lynn! I didn't mean you, I meant I wished that some other buddies would have come and share THEIR favorite. Anyways, all that you said I'll keep in mind next time i go to El Paso, TX. BIG help for me yummm!

Thanks again!
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Replies

chinese is always a good choice. I get either chicken or shrimp (or both) with veggies (mixed or broccoli) all steamed. and then put soy sauce on it and have brown rice. totally sifi!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua-lily View Post
    thank you Lynn! I didn't mean you, I meant I wished that some other buddies would have come and share THEIR favorite.
    It occurred to me that maybe that was what you meant!

Replies

Good options! I can't wait to go out to eat!!

Lynn--
    Phillygal-- got your PM! Thanks. I'm sure you will do better this week.
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

I haven't answered this because I really do not know how to eat out without using points.

When we eat out, we usually eat at a Japanese Restaurant and order sushi rolls. We love it, and the only thing you really have to count points for is the rice, as long as you stick with uncooked. The pocket guide says that a roll is 2 points.

We also like the Weight Watchers Menu at Applebees. DH loves the Steak and Portabella Mushrooms. I have also tried the Tillapia and it is really good also. They are about 6-7 points each. I count the points, but I don't know if we would have to count all the points for SiFi, since the dishes are mostly Core. What does everyone else think? We also add a side of grilled shrimp. It comes with two skewers, so we each have one.
    Melinda
    I am slowly relearning to disconnect my weight and value, and that to me is huge.......BCB Hanna

Replies

Melinda, I almost ALWAYS figure there are POINTS involved when eating out! It is rare that you can totally avoid unknown added fats, for example...and almost all sauces/marinades are questionable too...nothing wrong with using your points! That's what they're there for!

Chihuahua-lily,

I've been to the Apple-Bee's in El Paso. It is on the east side of El Paso on I-10 and not very far from the airport. The menu has specific WW entrees with points assigned to them. There is a lot to choose from in El Paso. Enjoy when you get there.

*Irene* Thin for Life: Yes!