Thread: SF Daily - Saturday - November 7th

1. Default SF Daily - Saturday - November 7th

Hi everyone,

We are up in NH and DFiance is in his glory dragging long logs around the yard with one of his antique tractors. I look out the window every now and then and just smile. They've been where they fell since spring, and he is now piling them all in one place. So we won't look like Mt. St. Helen's anymore!!

I've got 15 bean soup on the stove and cornbread in the oven, and I can't wait for lunch because it smells so good!! I am thinking of doing some sewing this afternoon, but I'm not sure I want to get into that. I get up here and I just love to be quiet. I really need that.

That's it for me for now. Have a great Saturday!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Default Re: SF Daily - Saturday - November 7th

Sailor, that just sounds SO quaint! The WHOLE thing....DF sounds like a great guy. Have a great rest of your day! I have some mending I really want to do, maybe during the PSU/OSU game tonight?

I did my PT exercises this morning and some housework before heading off to my WW meeting, which is ALWAYS fun, a GREAT GROUP!

Now I'm back home after a few errands and a few more things around the house. Oh I took out our BR air conditioner this morning. DH would get around to it "eventually" but it made me cold just SEEING it there in the window. I can do it all except lug the thing away, which DH did...

Anyway, I am hoping to head out for a bike ride soon. It should be in the 50s this afternoon and sunny. Not sure it is in the 50s YET...but I DO want to ride outdoors whenever I can. Didn't come up with anyone to join me for this ride so I'll go alone (not unusual for me really) and it IS a beautiful day!!!

I think I'll get some brown rice going in the PC before I go. I have ALL THAT CHICKEN I roasted last Sunday and I'd like to make some curried chicken out of it, pack it up with the brown rice and maybe freeze it since it's already pretty old! I also need to make granola and baked oatmeal...

Make it great buds!

I had a great evening last night with my 3 partners & our former staff. We ended up playing Beatles Rockband on the Wii, and then trying out the Wii Fit. Hula hooping is fun, and really gets your heart rate up. The kids have a Wii for xmas, now I am going to want a Wii fit!

Had a sleepover at my friends house, and then when I came home I dragged the family out for a walk. I now have my xmas puddings steaming & xmas cake baking. I mis-read the cake pan size, and had way too much xmas cake, so I have 8 little xmas cakes baking (in one of those mini loaf pans). I figure they'll be good in goodie baskets for the neighbours (assuming i can hide them from DH!). My 8 yr old helped with the baking, he loves to cook. We all made a wish while stirring the xmas pudding batter.

Sailor - sounds like you are in paradise!

Lynn - hope you had a good ride in the sunshine.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Wow Becky you are way ahead of the game with your holiday baking!!!

I made curried chicken with brown rice, roasted veggies (DH is REALLY into these and eats them ALL if I don't grab 'em quick!), granola and chocolate baked oatmeal today. That ought to do it for a while. I really need to start scaling back the cooking. I just threw out some nice soup that was lurking in the back of the fridge a little too long....using my smaller PC might help with this! I AM only cooking for TWO now!!! I love to cook and just need to cook smaller amounts or freeze stuff!
    Last edited by wwlynn; 11-07-2009 at 10:39 PM.

Replies

Wow Lynn!-- how many meetings do you have a day?? How many times per week? ?
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Chihuahua-lily View Post
    Wow Lynn!-- how many meetings do you have a day?? How many times per week? ?
    I only do two weekly meetings, Monday night and Saturday morning. (I am a school psychologist, full time....)

Replies

Oh! In a high school?
    Lily

SW 158. CW 134. GW 127

Replies

I work in two elementary schools and a middle school.