Thread: SF Daily~Friday~Nov. 6

Replies

Default SF Daily~Friday~Nov. 6

Good Morning Buddies!

I have work today so I'm up and rarin' to go (?). Went to bed early but about midnight, DS's friend (home for a few days from college and spending the night) got sick and was throwing up all night . I tried to help, getting wash cloths, ginger ale, etc. then just lay in bed "listening" to him in the bathroom all night . Ugg! Now I'll have to disinfect the house again! DD and DS just got over the flu, DH has a cold, now this! If you read a story about a family dying of Lysol poisoning, it will be us!! Told DS to strip his bed and change the sheets, and to clean it all up (including using the carpet cleaner, Dfriend didn't make it to the bathroom the first time). So, I guess I'll be busy after work too!

Planning on making that lima bean soup tonight for dinner. It should be fast and easy since I'll be short on time.

Hope you all have a great day! I'll pop in later!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

2. Default Re: SF Daily~Friday~Nov. 6

Hi Linda and all who follow,

Boy, it sounds like there's a lot of sickness 'round about out there! I was fighting something a week or so ago, but it never fully developed. I tried to lay low when I didn't feel right. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure! Linda, I hope DS's friend feels better soon. And that DS does a good cleanup job!!

I lost a filling yesterday so have an appointment at 2:45 today to fix that, then I will head home and DFiance and I will head up to NH for the weekend. He is taking a garden tractor up with us (we have antique tractors that are in various stages of restoration) to drag trees he's cut down to one section of the lot. Others that he's cut up into firewood he can move with a wheelbarrow after they're cut, but these will be cut into lumber, so the logs are 8 and 10 feet long and he needs the tractor to move them. He will have a lot of fun with that project!! I may do some sewing up there. And I have to finish cleaning the perennial bed (I was in the middle of that when I cut my hand last Sunday).

Off to make some breakfast. Trying to think of something fast with little clean up for supper before we head north. The best I've come up with is linguine with clam sauce, so I think I'll make the sauce now, and cook the pasta now, that way I can have all of the pans cleaned up and I'll just have to heat each and put one on the other at suppertime. (Plus it will be easy to eat in case I still have novacaine in my jaw!!).

Have a great day, everyone!!
    Last edited by Sailorwoman; 11-06-2009 at 09:30 AM.
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Default Re: SF Daily~Friday~Nov. 6

Good Morning Everyone,

I was so sleepy last night but when I went to bed could not sleep and then I woke up at 4 am and couldn't go back to sleep.

Our SIL phoned us yesterday to tell us our daughter fell and not only broke her wrist but crushed it. She had surgery and had a plate and screws put in. She will get a cast in a week which she will have for 6 weeks and then will have PT. She is a dental hygienist but will be out of commission for awhile. The doctor does not know the prognosis. He told her she would be more susceptible to arthritis and he does not know at this time how much range of motion she will have. She needs to be able to bend her wrist for her job. This is going to be hard for her as she does not sit well. She reminds me of you Linda.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Morning buddies

Linda - I hate the sound of vomiting. Hope everyone in your house is okay. Sounds like you should buy shares in lysol!

Sailor - good luck at the dentist. Sound slike you have a busy weekend ahead.

Judy - sending good wishes for a full & speedy recovery for your daughter.

I have cleaned all the floors this morning downstairs. working out my frustration. DH came in from taking the boys to the bus to ask when I hit my car & broke the rear light - I didn't! Someone has broken the light & not left their name or anything. It's about $300 to fix. So frustrating. Ugh.

Today I am going to a 'Hatley' warehouse sale. I love their products, but never buy them as they are so expensive. www.hatleystore.com

This evening, we are having a get together with our former staff at my partners home. her DH & 2 girls are having a sleepover at my house with DH & our kids, and I am sleeping there. We are going to play Wii, have take out & hear all the gossip since we sold! We were going to take them to a restaurant, but w eare pretty well known in our community & the girls wouldn't be able to talk freely in case anyone overheard our conversations. I am looking forward to spending time with them, we had a fantastic team of staff aged 18-26 & I really miss them. They call us their 'Fundo Moms' (our company was called fundomondo) and we have counselled them through quite a few things in their lives. It's great - daughters without the worry!

Have a great day buddies!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Hi buds! It is a beautiful, clear, cold day here today. I went out on my bike this morning! I'm proud of myself for going OUT on my bike in the cold weather. I did it last fall but I guess since I got a "trainer" I am more reluctant to head outdoors in the cold, BUT I got all these WARM CYCLING CLOTHES SO I need to USE them!

Anyway, Linda, WOW a SICK GUEST! Yikes!!!!! That had to be very gross in so many ways...the sounds, the smells, the fact that it isn't "family"...poor guy though! Hope you all don't catch it!

My intern is out sick today with the same sort of thing and I can't help but think of ME...did I catch anything from her yesterday?????

Sailor, your weekends ALWAYS sound SO fun!!!!! Hope you get everything done AND that you don't hurt yourself!!

Judy, so sorry to hear about your sleep problems! Have you tried Valerian? In Sleepy Time Extra Celestrial Seasonings tea or separately as a supplement? It seems to be helping me (and Veronica). SO SORRY about your daughter's wrist!!!! I hope it heals well and that she does well with taking it easy! As least she can be "up"...

Becky, hope you have a fun night! It's so cute that DH is having his OWN sleepover while you have YOURS!!!!

I have a relatively quiet weekend planned. Some cooking, perhaps cleaning (DH is working on our first floor bathroom and makes TONS of dust without doing anything to contain it)...But at least he is back working on it! Today he's going to visit his parents, not sure if I'll be home alone later. I have grown to love being home alone...I have a lot of make up reading to do for the Disciple Bible Study we're doing on Sunday nights. I swear I'll spend a good chunk of the weekend doing that!

I also plan on riding with some TnT buddies on Sunday afternoon. Maybe I'll ride Saturday too. The weather is supposed to be good (60s and sunny).

Okay buds, probably should get back to work! Make it great!

Replies

Good afternoon, Buddies!

Yes, the tea worked great for me last night, helping me to recover from the prior nights lack of sleep. I reluctantly got out of bed this morning and felt much better. Plus it was cool outside which always makes for great sleeping. Sunshine plus upper 70s to low 80s during the day, at nights lows in the 60s/upper 50sto me that is HEAVEN.

Its a slow day at work and Im hoping to leave early. Plans this weekend include soccer (of course!) and a bit of housecleaning, then some relaxation.

Not much else to addthe microwave beckons as I heated up leftovers from last night the Core Tamale Pie was a real winner at home.

Hugs to all
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Just FYI, I used TWO teabags of the Valerian tea (Sleep Time Extra) last night and that worked well for me! Otherwise I use one capsule, I believe it is 300 mg.

I understand that V uses 1 tea bag.

Apparently I am harder to sedate!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post
    Just FYI, I used TWO teabags of the Valerian tea (Sleep Time Extra) last night and that worked well for me! Otherwise I use one capsule, I believe it is 300 mg.

I understand that V uses 1 tea bag.

Apparently I am harder to sedate!
    I will have to try 2 bags. It did not work with the one.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Replies

Yes, one teabag for me...and I'm also the kind who doesn't drink more than one glass of wine...
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator