Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foods you can no longer get in your stores....

Replies

Unhappy Foods you can no longer get in your stores....

Okay, so I'm just WHINING in this thread, but there are several great filling foods that my stores USED to carry but don't anymore...last night I realized my grocery store wasn't just OUT of the soy parm I buy, they seem to no longer CARRY it! And the "other" local store never had it...so I'll have to go hunting. There is another store in the area that is a bit fancier and has more "health" foods. They also carry PB2! (powdered peanut butter, google it if you are curious)

SO here's my list of things my BJs STOPPED carrying: ff ricotta, ff feta, and a brand of 94% ff popcorn I always bought....The first two REALLY bug me....

No one seems to have my beloved Crystal Lite ruby red grapefruit anymore, except Walmart, if they still do...

Not sure if my stores still have the whole grain Cream of Wheat. On discontinued it and I bought ALL they had (stockpiled in my downstairs fridge)...

My little country store stopped carrying whole wheat orzo and alphabet pasta...

I guess the moral of the story is BUY UP those foods you love!!! Maybe they won't stop carrying them AND/OR you'll have a stockpile if they do!!!! AND of course you can always let them know what you want!!!! Use your assertiveness/asking for help skills!!!!

Replies

Default Re: Foods you can no longer get in your stores....

I can not get Crystal Lite Blueberry in any store and then finally realized that Crystal Lite discontinued. I sent an e-mail to Crystal Lite and when I did not get a response I resent it and still did not get a response. I found it on-line at Amazon and ordered a case and then the next month ordered another case. I was not out when I ordered the second case I just wanted to stock up on it in case I eventually can not get it at all. I think I will probably try ordering another case as it has been a while. I am just afraid that I will eventually not be able to get it. There are only 2 flavors of Crystal Lite that I like.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Replies

Judy, I never even HEARD of Crystal Lite Blueberry!!!!

Buying up cases is a good idea!!!

I swear I like things no one else likes and hence they always end up discontinued!!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post
    Judy, I never even HEARD of Crystal Lite Blueberry!!!!

Buying up cases is a good idea!!!

I swear I like things no one else likes and hence they always end up discontinued!!
    That happens to me frequently. It is very frustrating. I find foods to replace the ones I am allergic to and then they are discontinued. Very frustrating.

The blueberry Crystal Lite is actually Crystal Lite White Tea Natural Blueberry and the other one that I like is Crystal Lite Green Tea Raspberry.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

FF Mayo. None of the stores around me carry it anymore. And I live in a BIG city with lots of shopping choices.

And it seems like the only hot cereal I can find is that gaggy instant oatmeal in 31 flavors. I mean, seriously. People are unable to slice a banana and put it in their own oatmeal? I miss my Wheatena and slow cooking Cream of Wheat.

If it is faux food, the stores carry it in every iteration. If it is real food, good luck.

But, I also read recently that stores are starting to basically charge suppliers for shelf space for their products. I'll wager that the faux food people have deeper pockets to pay for that shelf space than the real food people.
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

annettegla Guest

Dr.Julie, I think you are absolutely correct on the deep pockets of the corporations.

I cannot find FF Feta either. It's been a while since I have seen it. I can get most of the other items usually mentioned on this board.

My grocery store stopped selling ff sour cream...

I've asked them about it and they just say they no longer carry it.
    Fatima AKA Smylin_Atcha
    ya ya name: Queen Horny Toad Smurf name: Hootchie Smurfette
    sw:270 cw:190.6 79.4 lbs destroyed:bcbsalute
    Faith is the ability to know u will survive the panic. Rosie O'Donnell

8. Default Re: Foods you can no longer get in your stores....

I'm not sayin' your stores haven't discontinued these items. But my experience lately has been that they've been moving things around and I just can't find them. For example, store #1 decided to get rid of the "natural food" section and put all of those foods in with the regular foods. Okay, I can deal with that. I needed polenta. It was in the Cereal aisle (with grits). I noticed buckwheat groats (kasha) - now in the baking goods section. Hey, part of the word is "wheat," so I guess they thought it should be near flour. So, I always ask now and they look in the computer for me.

As for FF mayo, we are down to only one brand here.

I am wondering if that has to do with the fact that there has been a backlash about many ff foods that have a lot of high fructose corn syrup in them, so they are not very good for you. Some mayos fall into that category. Maybe people are not buying them as much.
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

9. Default Re: Foods you can no longer get in your stores....

No one seems to have my beloved Crystal Lite ruby red grapefruit anymore, except Walmart, if they still do...
    Hey Lynn,

Amazon has it: http://www.amazon.com/Crystal-Light-.../dp/B001E53TMQ

Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

OOOH, thanks, that made me....I might have to order me a case or two and/or stop by Walmart on my way home to see if they still have it!

Replies

I think unfortunately there aren't that many people eating FF products so they just don't sell enough to keep them on the shelves. It is a shame! And I am guessing the same thing goes for Crystal light flavors, certain areas might sell more of certain flavors. The old supply/demand!

It is quite frustrating though isn't it.

And Sailor is right, our store has recently moved stuff around Today i struggled to find the evap milk. It was not with the same products it used to be. And quick cooking barley is not with the rice and beans (where I would think it should go) but is next to the soups. How strange is that!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

WOW! I had no idea that so many things were not being carried anymore. I went to Kroger today and tried to find some FF salad dressing that I used to get. They basically had FF Ranch, FF Italian and that was it!!!!

As for the Crystal Lite Ruby Red. I have tons of it sitting in my deep freeze! My sister found it at Dollar Tree and bought up all they had. My DD, myself and my Sis bought them out in our area
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

Replies

Okay, so the "other" store I was SURE would have the Galaxy Veggie Grated Topipng did NOT HAVE IT!!!.....The search goes on. I hate that

I end up having to replace some of these foods with low fat foods (cheeses) and count points

I am having trouble finding soy cheese at the regular grocery stores. they have the slices but not the brick. I will have to try the health food store & see if they still have it.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

My local store stopped carrying FF ricotta several years ago (around the time I started doing Core). My local Wal-Mart has stopped carrying Senora Lupe's Quesadilla Soy Cheese, which I LOVED! When I finally tracked down someone there who knew about it, he told me no one was buying it. I was buying it, but guess I hadn't done the hard sell at WW enough! There were times when I went to get it that they were out, so it was going SOMEWHERE! Can't find it ANYWHERE else.

I'm eating my last brick this week.

They're not making this easy. No wonder so many people in our town are so obese!
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06

I know it wont help with cold foods but Amazon does seem to have discontinued things or things I can no longer find on the shelf.
    Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237
    Current Weight: 203.5
    My Goal Weight: 180

Replies

Stopped by another store for the Galaxy soy parm tonight and NO GO...I still have a health food store to try AND I can ask stores to get it and see if they will!

Yep Amazon is good for a lot of things but not my soy parm!

18. Default Re: Foods you can no longer get in your stores....

Stopped by another store for the Galaxy soy parm tonight and NO GO...I still have a health food store to try AND I can ask stores to get it and see if they will!

Yep Amazon is good for a lot of things but not my soy parm!
    Here's a link to Galaxy Foods site listing where you can find their products in PA: http://www.galaxyfoods.com/FindProducts/pa.stml

Maybe this will help!!
    Sailorwoman

Replies

Thanks Sailor, but I already saw that. It only tells you who carries their products, not WHICH products...so it doesn't really help...I bought some reduced fat parmesan but it just isn't the same and of course it isn't a filling food!

FF Shredded Cheese - I can't find it at any store near me... I've always had a hard time finding Simply Filling items - but now it's even harder. Guess I live in an area w/people not concerned about what they eat!!
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Replies

Okay, so the "other" store I was SURE would have the Galaxy Veggie Grated Topipng did NOT HAVE IT!!!.....The search goes on. I hate that

I end up having to replace some of these foods with low fat foods (cheeses) and count points
    Lynn, we still have it at our Weis, but the price went up almost a full dollar! Maybe you could ask them to stock it and then buy several and freeze them. If they don't sell well, they will not re-order it .
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Oh, and our Giant (all three of them) have a pretty large "health/organic" section. They may have it too.
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Replies

Weis is where I USED to get it but they stopped carrying it, and Giant is where I stopped last night....Those are our two big chains. I also went to Stauffers (local chain with LOTS of health food type stuff) and Mussers (another local chain). My last chance is Rhubarbs, a local health food store....then I'm out of ideas! I can still hope that Weis was just "out" of it, but there was no spot for it on the shelf.

Replies
    Blog Entries

I'm having a heck of a time finding any FF cheese. I finally found some slices of what says its FF cheddar, but definitely tastes like American.
    Mini-Goal

25. Default Re: Foods you can no longer get in your stores....

Quote Originally Posted by miristar View Post
    I'm having a heck of a time finding any FF cheese. I finally found some slices of what says its FF cheddar, but definitely tastes like American.
    If it tastes like cheese, you have found a good one!!!
    Sailorwoman

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast