Thread: SiFi Daily - Thursday - November 5th

1. Default SiFi Daily - Thursday - November 5th

Hi everyone!! Got home late last night from Symphony. I forgot we were going to hit briefly a museum opening before Symphony, so it was a lot of culture for one night!!

Back to work for me this morning, then hitting the gym w/ DFiance tonight. Oh, oh, oh, I almost forgot - went to the New Balance Outlet during lunch yesterday and got a new pair of running shoes AND a new pair of cross-trainers, $35 each pair!! Sooooo comfortable and such a bargain!!

Have a great day, all!!
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Default Re: SiFi Daily - Thursday - November 5th

Morning all!!

I am meeting a friend for a walk this morning, and then another friend for ice skating at lunchtime. A good activity day!

I am hoping to gte some of dinner made before I head out. Lentil cottage pie - yummy!

Sailor - enjoy your new shoes!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Replies

Sailor, sounds like a nice evening and a great buy on the shoes!

Becky, your life post-business owner is sounding SOOOO nice! Have fun ice skating!!!!

I have a thankfully uneventful day ahead. I need to get back to work of course! Not much on the agenda for this evening either. I seem so tired lately so that is fine. I will do some cooking as the fridge is getting bare. I thin I'll make Sailor's lima bean PC soup again!

Make it great buds!

4. Default Re: SiFi Daily - Thursday - November 5th

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post
    I thin I'll make Sailor's lima bean PC soup again!

Make it great buds!
    Funny, I had just made a mental note to pick up some lima beans at the store when I go for a walk at lunch today. I really like that soup, too!!

I am going to try a mushroom (dried and regular mixed together) gravy on soft polenta with a veg on the side for supper, or else sauteed chicken breasts, sweet potato home "fries," and maybe broccoli. Can't decide. Maybe I'll let DFiance make this important executive decision......
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

HI everyone!

I am getting a cold! and I am not happy about it. Yes, I know, no one ever is!

Dr. Oz was good but a lot of waiting. Got there at 12:30 and waited in line till after 1 to get tickets and wristband then told to come back at 1:30 and waited in line again to go thru security. Taping didn't start until 2:30. It was interesting though. They couldn't tell us when it will be on, just within next 2 weeks. So I will have to check my guide and see if I can find it. It was about cell phones and brain cancer, a person addicted to food and then there was a boxing segment. I am pretty sure we were on camera at some point as our seats were pretty good.

-Sailor, you had a long day too! Enjoy your new sneaks. I had gotten a pair of NB on sale a while back but didn't need them yet. Might be time to pull them out. I just got them because price was good.
    -Becky that is a great active day!
    -Lynn, enjoy your soup. Wish it sounded good to me but limas for me.
    I am tired too but think it is all this baseball. Sorry Phils lost but glad to sleep again! Although I gave up last night.

No wonder NYers are usually thin. We walked and walked. Got off train at Penn Center at 32nd and 7th and walked to 5th and 49th then did some walking after and then walked back. I was tired!
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

Replies

Hey Buddies!

Argh, had another one of those sleepless nights last night – up just before 2AM, so I read a book until I was tired. So I was back in bed at 5AM…then the alarm went off at 6AM. No energy to walk this morning and I feel like I’m just dragging myself through the day. It’s Sleepy Time tea for me tonight!

Got my hair done yesterday...this time it was time for color. I used to do highlights and lowlights in my hair, but it has been a while and so they have grown out to a point where there’s an isolated chunk of lighter colored hair right at the back of my head. I asked my hairdresser for advice, and she suggested a darker demi glaze so that my hair is one color. I agreed...and now it’s darker than it has been in a long time. I've been getting compliments today, but I’m not yet sure that I like it. She tells me the glaze will wear off a bit and the color won’t be quite so dark. It’s usually not my habit, but I’ve been checking out my reflection here and there…strange…!

I’ve been reviewing recipes on this site and the Core Tamale Pie looks easy…and good! I think we have all the ingredients, so that’s what we’ll be having tonight.

Sailor, nothing better than comfortable AND cheap!

Becky, is “cottage pie” something like “shepherd’s pie”? And yes, I’m agreeing with Lynn - sounds like you are having fun since you sold the business!

Lynn – from yesterday’s post – yeah, it COULD be big news, but we won’t know for quite some time. The new church could be a great place…that chooses someone else! (Typically the church’s call committee is given three names at a time.) We were burned the last time we went through this process as so much was misrepresented within the church’s profile; this time we will be much more careful as we hope and pray for a good fit between the church’s needs and DH’s gifts.

Sue – hope the cold departs quickly! I’ll definitely DVR Dr. Oz…and so sorry about your Phillies. I’m not a baseball fan but I can relate…
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

V- good luck in the process of the new calling. I am sure it is always good to be cautious. At least there would be no move involved. that is hard on a teenage girl!

I am not really a big baseball fan either but get caught up in fever when it is the World Series. It is a slow moving sport to me. DS played t-ball for a while when he was young and it was too boring to him. He likes constant action sports like soccer and volleyball. And boy was I glad when he stopped playing!

One more college application and we are done! Thank heavens! I am so tired of this process.I am so hoping he hears from Temple and West Chester soon. I made an appt today to go see Drexel on 11//20 but I am terrified by the cost. It is an accepted student session so hopefully we can get some financial aid advice
    Sue
    163 SW/164 CW/145 GW

8. Default Re: SiFi Daily - Thursday - November 5th

Home from work a little bit early and went to the grocery with DFiance. While shopping I had one of those Squirrel Nut candies that he had in his pocket. While I was thinking how good it was, how long it has been since I've had one of them (an old favorite of mine), and how I'd really like about FIVE of them, a filling came out in the caramel and I had to spit the whole thing out. So, I didn't even have a whole one!!

I am trying a new concoction in the pressure cooker for supper. Pretty basic, but I didn't follow any recipe so I hope I have things the right size so they all cook. It is onion, carrots, potatoes and boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I want to smash the potatoes before serving. Threw in a cup and a half of chicken broth and I hope that makes enough steam. I'll let you know how it comes out!! EDITED TO ADD: It is DELICIOUS!!! I wrote out what I did and posted it here: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...20#post1826820
    Last edited by Sailorwoman; 11-05-2009 at 06:50 PM.
    Sailorwoman

Replies

Sailor - your dinner sounds yummy!

I've had my Mom here for the last 10 days since her hot water pipe burst and ruined her floors. The contractor called this afternoon and told me that they would be finished tomorrow morning and would call and let us know so we could go there and check it out before turning over the check. I'll be so glad that she will be able to go back home. I love her but 10 days of non-stop talking is getting on my last nerve. She is 85 and tends to tell the same stories several times a day, day after day. I'm glad she's getting her house fixed though and know she will like the changes. It is a very old house and needed some help anyway

I have not been doing well with my eating while Mom has been here. Lost last week but gained .5 this week. I've been doing SF and then going overboard with the points. I know it works so I'm back on track! I am so much hungrier when I'm not doing SF.
    Cherry

Remember: The only Jesus some people may see is the Jesus in you and the Jesus in me!

SW 198
    CW 142

GW 150

Hey Buddies
    I am checking in VERY late (for me) and VERY quickly- I have had a good, but very busy week learning at the new job. It's going to be fun, and fast paced. I was actually singled out tonight in front of the whole new staff by my team leader who thanked me for my good work today ! THAT was a lift, for sure !
    I have to go exercise- I chose to stay & chat w/ DH for an hour in bed this morning before I had to get going. He's with the DDs at gymnastics now, so I can make up for it. I am not in the mood, but will be glad I did something when i am finished !
    Have a great evening, and great day tomorrow. I do not have to work all weekend, and DH and I are going to a formal dinner & dance Saturday night, so I am looking forward to the weekend !!!
    I'd better skip personals or I'll never workout.
    Later, Buddies
    Bridget
    SW 230
    CW 151.8
    GW 130

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post
    Becky, your life post-business owner is sounding SOOOO nice! Have fun ice skating!!!!
    I am making the most of it! I have been approached to work for one of my former customers part time, so my life of leisure may be ending soon!

Quote Originally Posted by verngator1 View Post
    Becky, is “cottage pie” something like “shepherd’s pie”? And yes, I’m agreeing with Lynn - sounds like you are having fun since you sold the business!
    That's right. In the 'good old days' in the UK Shepherds Pie was made with leftover roast lamb, and 'cottage pie' with anyother kind of roast meat. Back when the Sunday roast fed the family for several days! I make 2 versions, one uses ground turkey and the other lentils. My whole family loves both versions, comfort food at it's best!

13. Default Re: SiFi Daily - Thursday - November 5th

Hi everyone, I just finished a post-workout bowl of shredded wheat and ff milk w/ 1/4 cup raisins (2 pts. We are OUT OF BANANAS!!! EGADS!!!). My new running shoes were great!! I'm not going to lie, though, the best part was a few leisurely cool-down laps in the pool followed by zonking out in the whirlpool! I miss it when we suspend the membership for the summer, but we are so busy in the summer we just don't have time to go there. So, it is nice to get back to it and work it into our routine again. Plus, this time DFiance and I are doing a program together, so we'll see how that goes!! So far, so good!!
    Sailorwoman

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgethemom View Post
    I was actually singled out tonight in front of the whole new staff by my team leader who thanked me for my good work today ! THAT was a lift, for sure !
    Cool!!!! Congrats Bridget!!!

Cherry, sorry it's been so challenging! Good to hear you're back on track!

V, I see there is a FLIP side to the "call" system...of course I should have realized there was!

Sue, can't wait to see you on TV!

Becky, every time I hear "cottage pie" I think cottage CHEESE...not that I don't like cottage cheese, but of course it's NOT cottage PIE....

g'night buddies. I've had my Valerian tea so it's just a matter of time....