Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

Replies

Angry Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

SOOOOOO, my ONE Deni pressure cooker wasn't coming up to pressure reliably, so I switched to my SECOND one...and tonight I experienced "TOTAL FAILURE" of THAT one! As in, it was cooking and then it just DIED completely, all the lights go out!!!!! This is the SECOND Deni that I've had that this happened with...yes I've had three of them. But that's only because they've had to keep replacing the original I got on ebay that totally failed...not like I WANTED any more of them....couldn't get a refund.

SOOOOO I am using the one I bought from Amy, the Russell Hobbs, like my original one (that I only stopped using because the nonstick interior came off). I figured this was the BEST one I had and was SAVING it...so it's time has come.

I LOVE pressure cookers, but NOT Deni's.

Replies

Default Re: Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

Dang Lynn!

You're not having luck with the pressure cookers!

I'd love to get myself one, but not until I move out. I'm not allowed to buy anymore small appliances (I love em!) and I already just purchased a meat slicer!
    I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!
    2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~

Replies

Well the Russell Hobbs is working BEAUTIFULLY!!! I'm making split pea soup right now....I am going to throw away all my other PCs along with all the extra parts I have. My original lid was LESS broken than "Amy's" (which broke a little in shipping and then I dropped it, I only dropped my original one)

I'm very happy to be back using a truly superior PC. I really trust the RH....

I don't want to discourage any buddies from getting a PC, just a Deni PC. I bet they don't even sell them anymore!!!!

I have the Cuisinart in my cart on amazon.com. But it says it will ship in 1-3 months. So, I have not clicked the check out button. I want one now. You guys are such enablers. I have been so hungry for split pea soup since I saw a posting for it. DH keeps saying order it. I want to go to a store and buy it. I will have to travel an hour to find one. Maybe next weekend I can take a road trip.
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

It'll be worth the trip! Really, there is no other small appliance I rave about like this!!!!

PS I love your "location"!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chubber View Post
    I have the Cuisinart in my cart on amazon.com. But it says it will ship in 1-3 months. So, I have not clicked the check out button. I want one now. You guys are such enablers. I have been so hungry for split pea soup since I saw a posting for it. DH keeps saying order it. I want to go to a store and buy it. I will have to travel an hour to find one. Maybe next weekend I can take a road trip.
    Can you purchase from Costco? Shipping is only $10...this is the one I just got to supplement my Russell Hobbs...
    Veronica the Pushy Core Zealot
    SW 196.2 - 7/3/6
    WWGW 146.0 - down 50.2 in 24 weeks!
    CW 131 - 65.2 lbs gone FOREVER!
    Lifetime - 2/12/7
    My Chart Before & After
    Simul justus et peccator

Replies

Do those of you that have more than one pc use more than one at a time?
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

Replies

Well I only have one now..but yesterday I was really thinking of using two at a time. AND I have to admit that now that I'm pitching the Deni's I'm thinking of getting a Cuisinart.

Replies

I am SOOOOO enjoying the Russell Hobbs PC...no longer available I think. But a GOOD PC, like the Cuisinart, is a GOOD thing to have! I made Italian soup tonight in it....such a pleasure!

Ok, ok....you guys won. I couldn't take it anymore, I ordered the Cuisinart electric PC on line.
    Trudie

Replies
    Blog Entries

Talking Re: Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

I have to laugh - I clicked into this thread to find out what kind of a personal computer (PC) you were having problems with... pressure cookers!! Wow. I used to have one, probably 30 years ago. I used it on the stove. I love the idea of an electric one, I bet they are way safer.

Maybe I will put it on my Xmas list!
    Mini-Goal

Miristar - just had to say that I love your goal in your signature! You're right - anyone can do 5 lbs.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

Quote Originally Posted by verngator1 View Post
    Can you purchase from Costco? Shipping is only $10...this is the one I just got to supplement my Russell Hobbs...
    Thanks, but don't I have to be a Costco member to order from them? I had checked their site a couple weeks ago and it said they didn't have any in stock.

I was excited when I found another on line site for $100 and no shipping. The day after I ordered it, I got an email that they are not in stock, but they hope to have them in stock in 1-2 weeks but no promises. They offered that I may cancel my order. I haven't cancelled it, but it sure seems it be a hot item. I am trying to be patient.
    Trudie

Replies

Trudie, I'm thinking you need to be a member to buy from Costco! I actually stopped by a Costco on my way home from the WW anniversary dinner this afternoon. I am NOT a member but I wanted to see if they had them and see it "in person". Now I'm contemplating...do I want a second PC (I still have one to get rid of)? Do I want to join Costco? Do I want to ask a friend to get it for me????

Replies

Anybuddy have this??? My sister has it and a ww member mentioned her mother having a "microwave pressure cooker" yesterday and this must be what she meant?

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Microwa.../dp/B0007LC55A

Replies

Lightbulb Re: Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

Quote Originally Posted by wwlynn View Post
    Trudie, I'm thinking you need to be a member to buy from Costco! I actually stopped by a Costco on my way home from the WW anniversary dinner this afternoon. I am NOT a member but I wanted to see if they had them and see it "in person". Now I'm contemplating...do I want a second PC (I still have one to get rid of)? Do I want to join Costco? Do I want to ask a friend to get it for me????
    I "think" (don't quote me) you can go to the Costco customer service desk and ask if you can have a one-time "shopping trip" to see if you're interested in joining...

I still have seen these selling at $146 at Overstock.com

I LOVE my new one. My old one is going to need a new sealing ring at some point; it's stretching with time and wear.

May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Carol is your new one the Cuisinart? Is you old one a Cuisinart too??? Thanks for the tip on the one day thing. I might try that...if I decide I want ANOTHER PC, plus I found the Nordicware one on ebay for under $30 with shipping...really do I need THREE??????

Replies

Arrow Re: Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

Yes. My old Cuisinart is working great, but I didn't take care of the non-stick bowl. (I've got silicone utentils now.) It's not flaking off (and I'm not seeing it in the food), but I couldn't resist a "new" Cuisinart for this price...

At this point I have 2 working Cuisinarts.

Do you have one? I have a feeling you'd love it, Lynn. And like I said, I see them everywhere for about $140+.

I can't imagine how well the micro pc would work, but I"ll tell you: I wouldn't want to be the one to try it out!

So here's to your guinea-pigness, should you be brave!

Replies

My sister has been using the microwave one for years without incident....thanks for the info about the Cuisinart. I only use the softest utensils on mine now. And I only wipe it with a soft cloth too.

Replies

Question Re: Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

My sister has been using the microwave one for years without incident....thanks for the info about the Cuisinart. I only use the softest utensils on mine now. And I only wipe it with a soft cloth too.
    Does it cook faster than a regular PC?...

What are the benefits?...

Replies

No I don't think it's faster than a regular PC I think it's just that you use it in your microwave instead of on the counter.

Replies

hmm, just got off the phone with the Deni people...and I might try another Deni. They have smaller ones. And the 5 quart has a whole different style....and, they'd throw in a meat tenderizer.....I have nothing to lose by doing this....and I still might end up with 3 PCs again!!!

Replies

Anybuddy have this??? My sister has it and a ww member mentioned her mother having a "microwave pressure cooker" yesterday and this must be what she meant?

http://www.amazon.com/Nordic-Microwa.../dp/B0007LC55A

I am going to have to think about this. It might be a good option to have for our 5th Wheel or maybe I will put it on my Christmas list. I have thought about getting the Cuisinart at Costco. Trying to decide is difficult.
    Judy S.
    Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another. ~Walter Elliott

SW: 253.4/CW: 160/WWGW: 148/PGW: ?

The President's Exercise Challenge:

Going for the Bronze-achieved 7/4/2009
    20,000 pts.-100%

Going for the Silver-21220 of 45,000 pts.-47%

24. Default Re: Buy a PC but NOT a Deni!

I was at Costco today and looked at the Cuisinart everyone is talking about. It looks like a nice one! It is huge!! I already have one, though, and that's enough for me....
    Sailorwoman

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving, and tolerant of the weak and the strong -- because someday in your life you will have been all of these." (George Washington Carver)

Replies

Back to the benefits of the microwave one....as my sister put it, your microwave IS programmable....and so it's like the other ones but it is much smaller and cheaper!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast