Thread: Simply Filling~Saturday~Jan. 24

Replies

Default Simply Filling~Saturday~Jan. 24

Hey there buddies!

I have work today so I'm up early and ready to go ( I think? ). We're meeting friends tonight for dinner, it's an hour away, so we won't be home 'til after midnight. It's going to be a l-o-n-g day!! I still haven't gotten to the grocery store, so I've been getting very creative using what's in the freezer and pantry . I don't want to go until I have time to make my menu for the week. Maybe I'll get it done tomorrow, and go either tomorrow or Monday. I did have DH pick up some fruit on the way home from work on Thursday . Well, I hope you all enjoy your weekend. Have a good one!!
    *Linda*

SW- 168

CW- 140

GW- 130

Default Re: Simply Filling~Saturday~Jan. 24

Hi, Buddies

I am up early-ish, too. I debated with myself for about 20 minutes if I should work out early or just hold off till later. I won the debate. So I am off as soon as I finish here. I will go for a jog on the treadmill, and pick up Day 16 of the SHRED on Monday morning.

We managed to grocery shop yesterday. I also got my boys to help me move some furniture around and re-arrange two rooms. I like how it looks. Best of all, it kept me occupied for a few hours while the kids played outside and I stayed out of the kitchen. Nothing like keeping busy to keep you on track and OP !! I had the TV on while I was cleaning and organizing in here, and there was a program on the Discovery Channel about people who have lost a lot of weight and how they did it and how it has changed their lives. One was a mom who was 305 pounds-ended up becoming a WW instructor. I gave a silent hi-five to all my buddies here !!!

Well, I had better go exercise. DH is back from his trip and it'd be great to enjoy a quiet breakfast with him AFTER I exercise. (Ok- we'll just see about the 'quiet"part...)

Linda- Have a good, L-O-N-G day and enjoy your dinner tonight
    All my other buddies- make it a good one !
    Bridget
    SW 230
    CW 151.8
    GW 130

Replies

Good Morning everyone!

I got a book in the mail yesterday by Jillian Michaels. It has a diet/excercise plan in there for your different oxidizing types. It was interesting, that's for sure. I have to say I was considering following her plan, but I looked at it a little more closely and it is SUCH A DIET! On the plus side, there are a lot of simply filling foods in there that I think I can use for different recipes so at least I don't feel like it is a waste of money. The exercise plan seems very good so there is another plus. I will share some recipes as I try them

Linda~Have a great day. Sounds like you have a plan!

Bridget~I may skip the shred and do the treamill today too. I will have to see how I feel after cleaning a little bit this morning. Today is Day 21 of exercise for me since I started keeping track etc... I took my measurements when I started, so I may take them again this morning. I definitely feel a difference in my core!

Make it great!
    Kim

Morning buddies!

I am working this weekend, so have a busy couple of days ahead of me! We have 10 birthday parties over the 2 days, and the forecast here is COLD so we'll get lots of walk-in customers too. I love when it's busy - I thrive under pressure! just need to remember to eat!! One of these days I am going to buya pedometer to see how far I walk at work!

Anyway, I'd better get on & make my oatmeal.

Have a good one - make it count!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wePB7N9/]

so this thread is for everyone following or for an exsisting group of buddies?
    I can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Originally 185 and lost all the way to 130 thanks to WW...... then I had an oops......

SW 164
    CW 164
    GW 137

Replies

Smile Re: Simply Filling~Saturday~Jan. 24

Hi Buddies!

Ddog is doing much better...still haven't fed her food yet...working on water.

I'm feeling better, too.

Really looking forward to exercise, since I missed it yesterday.

Aiming for a 6th-straight days on-program today.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Thumbs up Re: Simply Filling~Saturday~Jan. 24

Quote Originally Posted by bcelisa View Post
    so this thread is for everyone following or for an exsisting group of buddies?
    It's for every Buddy! Please join in!

Hi all...home from work and getting ready to go to bed. I am off this weekend so will "nap" on and off all day.

Have been OP with eating and have been journaling to become more accountable to myself for what I am eating. Now I am working on figuring out when to exercise and how to fit this into my life. I will get this figured out this week.

Have a good day all.
    Lori
    SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150
    Short term goal: below 200 lbs

Replies

Good Afternoon!

I got the two oldest off to swim team, raced to the gym to go on an interval run (7 miles in an hour again! ) before picking them back up. I had to stop by the grocery store to pick up a few things and pop into the WW meeting that is upstairs to get my file to bring to a different location (same leader). At least I've got my WI for the month taken care of. It was a maintain from last month but I'd had both my pre & post run breakfasts, as well as a liter of water, not to mention wearing my winter clothes! LOL I'm going to attempt Friday morning meetings on perhaps something approaching a weekly basis, depending on my attention span! LOL

Lucas went to floor hockey, Claire is at art class & the boys are now in the bath while I'm catching up here in their general vicinity. When Claire gets back, we'll fix a quick lunch & then I'll take Claire & Nathan over for a playdate with friends from their classes. I have to hit Costco before I come home and then I'll have some time to work with Lucas *again* on a school project due on Thursday. He came home from school yesterday with two more assignments over the next couple of weeks so it's going to be around here getting it done (or else he'll just get bad marks because we didn't get around to it all! LOL). After dinner we'll continue listening to our current tome-- Brisingr-- until bedtime.

Have a great OP day everybuddy!

Carol- Glad the dog is doing better! I have another theory about WW trying to get us to spend more money. I've been using the bag/tote I got back in 2001 through 3 different program incarnations over the years. Everything fit nicely. But now the Momentum stuff is too long to fit in my "WW purse" and I have to either buy the new tote that fits the new materials or else stash them somewhere else!!

Linda- Have fun at dinner tonight!

Kim- Looking forward to the recipes! I agree that Flex/Momentum is as much "diet" as I've got in me. I much prefer Core/Simply Filling as a way of life!!

Bridge- I love those inspirational shows!!

bcelisa- !

Becky- I *so* don't thrive on pressure. I had that on a daily basis for two years when I was helping my mom run her company. I am *so* enjoying our retirement now! LOL

havingfun- I hope you sleep well this weekend!
    Last edited by KimberleyW; 01-24-2009 at 01:06 PM.
    Kimberley

Replies

Wink Re: Simply Filling~Saturday~Jan. 24

Quote Originally Posted by KimberleyW View Post
    Carol- Glad the dog is doing better! I have another theory about WW trying to get us to spend more money. I've been using the bag/tote I got back in 2001 through 3 different program incarnations over the years. Everything fit nicely. But now the Momentum stuff is too long to fit in my "WW purse" and I have to either buy the new tote that fits the new materials or else stash them somewhere else!!
    I wondered why the books were long...!

To me, they're a little bit harder to read...they flop-a-lot. But I'm reading them!