Thread: ? about momentum point counting on Simply filling

Default ? about momentum point counting on Simply filling

Ok so I don't go to meetings I have been using the at home system I bought in 2005. and I have been happy with core since I started here in October.
    So what I know about the new Momentum program is only what I have gleened here.
    I know that they have you start out with counting points even if you have been on core before, what I can't seem to find clearly is, are you eating the core foods as you normally did and would but adding up ALL the points they represent as if you were doing Flex and counting everything? Or is there some daily amount like on Flex that you are trying to get to or stay under?
    I mean obviously if you count all the milk, cereal etc. that is "free" on Core you would add up to quite a bit,
    So how and what are you actually suppose to be measuring, pointswise and what is the exact point, [no pun intended] of it.
    Someone said it was for portion control recognition, but I don't see how point counting really tells you that. measuring portion sizes would make more sense for that purpose.
    Can someone explain the first part of my question, about are you basically eating the same but just counting every point as if not on core?
    McCall
    ----------------------------------------------

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference

Default Re: ? about momentum point counting on Simply filling

Quote Originally Posted by McCall View Post
    Someone said it was for portion control recognition, but I don't see how point counting really tells you that. measuring portion sizes would make more sense for that purpose.
    Can someone explain the first part of my question, about are you basically eating the same but just counting every point as if not on core?

Yes, you count all the points for the foods you eat. For many of us, it has been a real eye-opener--even with the measuring of portion sizes without counting points. Since I started counting points, my measurement inflation has been kept in check and my choices regarding "Core" foods have changed. For example, it turns out that the 7% fat ground beef has less points than the ground turkey breast (which has less fat than regular ground turkey).

It provides another level of information that is useful on our weight loss journeys.
    Note: I follow the Winning Points program

Replies

Default Re: ? about momentum point counting on Simply filling

McCall the momentum plan is basically flex with a focus on filling foods (core foods). So in the beginning, when you first start it is just like flex was, same quiz to determine your points with minor changes for nursing moms. And everyone starts on this plan which is basically flex. So you'd count points for ALL foods, filling or not and stick to your daily target. If you were already doing core leaders were told to give out book six which explains the simply filling technique which is exactly like core, except that sf/ff packaged hot cocoa is not limited to one per day.

So now there are two options. 1. Counting points for ALL foods (just like flex, but with an emphasis on filling foods) OR 2. Counting points only for non filling foods (just like core).

There are three additional categories you don't count for on simply fillings. These round out the previous core food list with things that aren't literally filling--beverages, seasonings and condiments and healthy oils.

I hope that answers your question.