Thread: Grilled Eggplant?

Replies

Default Grilled Eggplant?

I attempted to make grilled eggplant last night.. and I made it with the George Foreman grill. Now.. I brushed mine with some EVOO and some herbs, s&p, etc.. and I cooked it around 5-7 minutes.. and they were so soggy and gross I couldn't even eat them. What did I do wrong???

Replies

Default Re: Grilled Eggplant?

You probably cooked them too long, or sliced them too thin. Personally, I love eggplant when it gets all soft and gooey, but I could understand why you don't. Next time, check them after a little less time.
    Lifetime as of November 21, 2005 & getting back to goal!

HW - 185
    GW - 145
    CW - 158

Eggplant is my favorite vegetable! I always look for it in an entrée when eating out. But it can go wrong 2 ways ---be undercooked or slightly raw. As bad as eating an uncooked potato. OR it can be too mushy. I once had a mashed mess at Carrabba's. Mushy eggplant swimming in a pool of olive oil. A disaster. I like to bake mine to make sure it's done. Like eggplant parm or lasagna. OH, a third way to ruin eggplant: once I had a vege pita sandwich will grilled eggplant and I swear I was eating shoe leather. It was completely dehydrated.

but I never give up, I am always willing to try new eggplant meals. Cause when it's good, it's so worth it.
    ~Nancy in SJ

HW 152
    CW 144
    GW 138

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read."

www.englishsetterrescue.org

Replies

Do you have some recipes you'd share with me for the eggplant parm or lasanga?! I'd love ya for it! (And thanks for the advice!) I only cooked it for 6 minutes in a foreman grill, but apparently, that was just too much!