Thread: Potatoes

Default Potatoes

New to core as of today. Need to try something new...so here is my thing. If I saute cut up white potatoes, and use spices and Fat Free spray butter (parkay now makes it) is that part of core?? There is no added fat at all so I assume it would be.

Also, what about wheaties? There is a bit of sugar in it, not much but I know the plan says if there is no added sugar, nuts, etc. then it is part of core. So just wondering if anyone knows if I can have that on core or not. Thanks.

Wow, thanks to all who have helped me...so you can have a serving of oil and it is still core. Can you tell i am new to this. I gotta read up on this more!! Thanks you guys.
    Last edited by lizzie1977; 09-14-2008 at 04:05 PM. Reason: added response
    Lizzie
    "hard work makes you beautiful"

Replies

Default Re: Potatoes

3/4 cup of Wheaties is one point and NOT core.
    The potatoes sound OK so far. Parkay original spray one serving is core.
    But be sure how many servings of a carb starch you can have in one day. Potatoes are limited to one meal per day.
    Anyone correct me if I am wrong please.
    Peg

She was warned.
    She was given an explanation.
    Nevertheless, She persisted.

Replies

Potatoes are core (I think one russet per day though) & so are spices & fat free spray. I like to bake a botato and top with beans, cheese, salsa, and fat free sour cream. It's very filling.

Wheaties are not Core, but you can have 35 points each week to use however you want. So you'd have to measure the Wheaties & count the points.
    jendear75
    Returned Lifetime member

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by jendear75 View Post
    Potatoes are core (I think one russet per day though) & so are spices & fat free spray. I like to bake a botato and top with beans, cheese, salsa, and fat free sour cream. It's very filling.

Wheaties are not Core, but you can have 35 points each week to use however you want. So you'd have to measure the Wheaties & count the points.

Regarding the potato/brown rice/whole wheat pasta rule: It is NOT that you can have "one russet per day". It is that you can have potato, brown rice, OR whole wheat pasta at one meal per day without counting points. After that if you eat potato, brown rice OR pasta again in the same day, you count points. You can have as much potato, brown rice OR pasta at one meal as you need to feel satisfied. No particular serving size.

THAT RULE ONLY applies to those three types of foods not any other grain/starch.

And as was already said, Wheaties are NOT core. Because, as you said, they have added sugar.

Core is not fat free. You could use you healthy oil to cook your potato in. Personally I'd much rather use oil than ff butter spray!!!

5. Default Re: Potatoes

I agree Lynn. Use your canola or olive oil(only 2 tsp per serving) or other healthy oil, and it would still be core.

It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change!

Replies

YIKES - OK, thanks for the correction. Sorry!
    jendear75
    Returned Lifetime member

http://2011istheyear.wordpress.com/