Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23

Thread: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Default Re: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Go right ahead! I'm sure she wouldn't mind. We (my friend and I) use it all the time.
    Penny

SW 213.8
    CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)
    GW 150

Wife to Eugene
    Mom to Joseph and Jake

Replies

Smile Re: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Quote Originally Posted by Pensguys View Post
    Hey ya'll. I'm still hanging in and doing well. I'm taking a hiatus on the lessons where we practice eating consciously and sitting down. I did go ahead through the lessons about meeting with the diet coach and picking out your exercise because I have those already in place. Tonight I'll read the next lesson about the difference in hunger and cravings in preparation for tomorrow and my dinner out with friends.

No stinking thinking has been going on and I have a new mantra about everything in my life that I don't want to do: DO IT ANYWAY!
    I remember a definite cross-over effect when I was focusing on that, too, Pen! And I liked it!

I'm giving myself credit for: reading Bob Greene to get "inspiration"! (All his stuff on emotional-eating, and creating a good foundation to get you through the tough-stuff is very enlightening and helpful for me.) I'll share some of the good-stuff when I get back.

Will be back later, after exercise.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Thumbs up Re: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Today I'm consolidating: Giving myself credit for: exercising on Saturday morning! And I'm reading info on emotional eating and exercise by Bob Greene. Not Beck, but worth GIVING CREDIT FOR!

Yesterday was totally OP, with lots of hard sweating exercise!

I'm giving myself credit for sticking to program for TWO weeks and NOT going OP not ONCE, but NOT losing anything but .2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still within the healthy weight loss "average" but it is very discouraging when I see inches melting away but the scale isn't showing anything.

I'm also giving myself credit for getting rid of some clutter in my house that needs to go!

And for going to my meeting today and just chugging along.
    Penny

SW 213.8
    CW 186.0 (Total Core loss = -27.8)
    GW 150

Wife to Eugene
    Mom to Joseph and Jake

Replies

Thumbs up Re: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Quote Originally Posted by Pensguys View Post
    I'm giving myself credit for sticking to program for TWO weeks and NOT going OP not ONCE, but NOT losing anything but .2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still within the healthy weight loss "average" but it is very discouraging when I see inches melting away but the scale isn't showing anything.

I'm also giving myself credit for getting rid of some clutter in my house that needs to go!

And for going to my meeting today and just chugging along.
    I think that's FANTASTIC, Pensguys!

Seriously!

I've had trouble with the scale, so I decided to ignore it! I can tell I'm "looking" better. It will happen.

And guess what?! I'm eating my oatmeal with a little plain soymilk and blueberries. It tastes GREAT with JUST FRUIT for "sweetener".

I didn't think that would e-ver happen to me and my Sweet Tooth!

Replies

Hi Fellow Core BCB'ers,

Is this the latest Beck thread? Hoppy and I are coming over to do a round two on the Core Beck thread. I follwed the program once with success and actually enjoyed doing it. Now I have the workbook round two, I am sure I will learn more doing it once more.

I searched but just could find out whcih thread was the most recent.
    Except WWCarol's eating experiment, too cool.
    Tina
    *~*~*~Tinatulips~*~*~*

7. Default Re: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Carol, what are the titles of Bob Greene's books that address emotional eating? That's my area that always needs addressing, fine-tuning, tweaking and attention!
    Elle

Replies

Lightbulb Re: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Quote Originally Posted by Tinatulips View Post
    Hi Fellow Core BCB'ers,

Is this the latest Beck thread? Hoppy and I are coming over to do a round two on the Core Beck thread. I follwed the program once with success and actually enjoyed doing it. Now I have the workbook round two, I am sure I will learn more doing it once more.

I searched but just could find out whcih thread was the most recent.
    Except WWCarol's eating experiment, too cool.
    Tina
    Hi Tina~

I think this is the latest...only you could start a new one if you'd like. Either way...whatever works best for you.

Quote Originally Posted by I'mdoingit View Post
    Carol, what are the titles of Bob Greene's books that address emotional eating? That's my area that always needs addressing, fine-tuning, tweaking and attention!
    I found parts in Total Body Make-Over and BestLife. I know it was in Make The Connection, too. In fact, wherever he is...he's going to mention it.

Rather than buy all those books, maybe you can find some in the library.

In "Make The Connection" it's all about making the connecton: about why you really overeat.

He had a 300+ grandmother who lived/slept in their living/dining room (when he was young) because of obesity and obesity-related disease. He loved her, and watched her suffer and die. I think that totally motivated him to "understand" weight AND to become as good as he is.

Replies

Carol and Core buddies,
    Okay, I am here and statring over. Hoppy where are you hun!
    I will follow the group, LOL! It worked for me in the pass.

Reading the Book over and starting, the workbook is different this time around. I noticed that I would need to deal with issues differently than the first time.

I think my greatest revelation was that I could be hungry and guess what?

I will live and get to the next meal and not overeat. DH wonders why I didn't get this before I do not understand. Yes, he is very thin!! I honestly thought if I ate less at dinner I would starve and have to overeat later, but I donít.

Does everyone use the response cards in the book or have there one way of doing it. I but mine in Outlook/Task/reoccurring daily It keeps me alert when they pop up and I think that in the long run it has helped me during my 6 month plateau.

*~*~*~Tinatulips~*~*~*

Replies

That's the way it always works for me...if time has passed, different things leap out at me.

What's the saying?

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."

I had mine in my Palm...but then I stopped using my Palm! If you use your system regularly, I would think that could work well for you.

I have the BDS workbook and started to do the exercises. I found myself almost having a panic attach while working in the book. I had to put it away for a while. I sort of do the "all or nothing" thing with my eating plan...I am either 100% on or have the "just forget it" attitiude.

I am slowly learing that I will have times that I am not 100% OP and this is normal and OK....just re-group as soon as the all or nothing feelings start and get back OP ASAP.

I will go back to the workbook....will just have to not be a perfectionist when I do it.
    Lori
    SW 252/CW 217/ GW 150
    Short term goal: below 200 lbs

Replies

If something gives you a panic-attack, step away from the workbook...!

Or even if something makes you feel ve-ry uncomfortable.

Maybe you're just not ready to try that for now.

I definitely think you should respect your feelings (and notice what they are, and maybe why...)

Do what you're comfortable trying, and learn where you are.

That's my opinion.

13. Default Re: The Beck Diet Solution And Core

Bumping up because I just found and read the Beck book (bought for 25 cents at a thrift store sale), and feel it is just what I need right now to get me back on track, OP, and happy. Spent the day making my Advantage cards, and lots of other response cards as well. Now I am about to plan for tomorrow's meals. I can do this!
    --Barbara

"For a righteous man falleth seven times, and riseth up again" Proverbs 24:16

Replies

Thanks Barbara! It's a great book and I'm glad to hear it's helping you right now! And, WHAT A DEAL!!!!!

For those who haven't heard of this book, it is a great supplement to the SiFi (Core) plan....even if you don't do all the exercises (I never did), READING it will help you with your unhelpful thinking! It fits nicely with the cognitive/behavioral approach that WW uses with the Tools for Living and Helpful Habits!

It's also VERY bootcampy, NO EXCUSES!!!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 23