Thread: Who Loves Starbucks!??

skinnycow87 Guest

Default Who Loves Starbucks!??

Anyone found any of their light coffees, frappacinos to be really good?
    My favorite thing there is the regular caramel frap with whip cream! but its like 9 pts! I read on their site nut. info that the light version is only 3 pts.
    anyone tried it????

**addicted to starbucks...not good**

Default Re: Who Loves Starbucks!??

I looooove Starbucks! And a Starbucks addiction isn't really a bad thing! They have lots of good options now. All their light frappucinos, tall size, are only 1, 2 or 3 points. They've also added fibre to the light versions, where there's none in the regular versions which is awesome. And all their "skinny" drink versions are only 2 points. If you get your drinks non-fat and no whip, they're much better. My favourite hot drink is the caramel macchiato and if I get that non-fat it's only 3 points.

I got the nutrition pamphlet and worked out the points for everything and wrote them on there and I keep it in my purse all the time!

SW: 148.5
    CW: 128.6
    GW: 120

I try to stay away from them. I am fine ordering a short capuccino (sp?) instead of the grande vanilla mocha I used to order, but the snacks are too tempting. I usually have pretty good self-control, but a chocolate chip cookie or a brownie is really yummy with an afternoon capuccino. I'll go someplace that doesn't have those yummy sweets! (I wish we had convenient Drive-Thru Starbucks in San Francisco! I could get my coffee fix without having to SEE the sweets in the case!)
    Pugdad Michael

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!
    MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=194025

Quote Originally Posted by Pugdad Michael View Post
    I try to stay away from them. I am fine ordering a short capuccino (sp?) instead of the grande vanilla mocha I used to order, but the snacks are too tempting. I usually have pretty good self-control, but a chocolate chip cookie or a brownie is really yummy with an afternoon capuccino. I'll go someplace that doesn't have those yummy sweets! (I wish we had convenient Drive-Thru Starbucks in San Francisco! I could get my coffee fix without having to SEE the sweets in the case!)
    They do look good don't they! I've always wanted to try the peanut butter and chocolate oat bar, but I knew it had to be very bad in points. So I went home and looked it up. 10 points!!! Eeeeek!!!!! Not so tempting anymore! haha

skinnycow87 Guest

I'll have to try that Macchiato (sp)! I've always wanted to try it!

Lightbulb Re: Who Loves Starbucks!??

I was shocked to find that the Starbucks Venti Nonfat Milk White Chocolate Mocha Latte with Whip (7 fat grams alone in whip) that I loved to treat myself with has:
    520 calories - - - - - - - - 14 fat grams
    35 cholesterol grams - - - 320 sodium grams
    80 carbs - - - - - - - - - - - 0 fiber grams
    76 sugar grams

The new Skinny Caramel Venti with Nonfat Milk is great. I get it with 2 Splenda and no Foam (I'm just not a big foam fan) has:
    160 calories - - - - - - - - - - - - 0 fat grams
    10 cholesterol grams - - - - - - 210 sodium grams
    24 carbs - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 0 fiber grams
    22 sugar grams

this is all located at http://www.starbucks.com/retail/nutrition_beverages.asp
    Hope it is useful. Thx

I always get a Tall Skinny Latte - 1/2 french vanilla, 1/2 hazelnut - either iced or regular... I'm core, but I believe it's 2 points - it has non-fat milk and sugar free syrups. The light frappachinos are usually as good as the regulars - just no whip cream....
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

I love all the Skinny drinks that Starbuck's offers! They taste great!
    Amanda

ds 03/25/10
    dd 10/12/06
    ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

they only have my favorite in the fall with is PUMPKIN SPICE ITS wonderful! Gina
    Weight watchers is a tool its up to me how I use it!

http://s12.photobucket.com/albums/a204/DGJP8991/

I had the skinny iced latte - carmel flavor the other day - my new favorite. For the hot I like the 1/2 vanilla, 1/2 hazelnut - but the iced carmel was so yummy!

HEY - you know if you register your "giftcard" (even if you buy it yourself) you get syrups free - at least in my area - this seems to save me about 30-cents a visit (but hey that adds up over time!). You also get a coupon mailed to you for a free drink when you sign up. Then you can get 2 hrs of free wi-fi per day too. There's some other deals with that too I think - but you can read about it on their website because I just don't know them!
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

mom2twingems Guest

The light versions are good. they used to have orange cream one that was awesome.

healthydays Guest

I love Starbucks! I stop almost every day after work and get a grande skim milk cappuchino no sugar. This is my reward and it reminds me to slow down and unwind. While I drink it I just sort of zone out and take some "me" time. mmmmmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by dgjp8991 View Post
    they only have my favorite in the fall with is PUMPKIN SPICE ITS wonderful!

Pumpkin Spice is my absolute favorite! Sooooo good. I usually try to save it though for a special treat because they don't make a sugar free syrup. It should start being available again in September or early October!
    Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

14. Default Re: Who Loves Starbucks!??

They also have started making fiber packed fruit smoothies...orange mango banana and banana mocha. They're a little bit heftier on the points than (4 for the regular size orange mango banana), but you're getting tons of fiber and at -least- one serving of fruit (yes, they use real fruit).

My supermarket has a starbucks, and since I usually eat less on my days off, I like to treat myself to one while I'm grocery shopping.

Speaking of fibre, it's really great how their light frappucinos have fibre! It's like it was made for WW!

Replies

I am the biggest Starbucks addict ever. Recently I decided to try to break out of my shell and my friend and I made a pack to "Try 100 Different Coffee Shops in '08" ! It's been SO FUN to branch out and I never even KNEW so many coffee places existed in my area. And I came to find that a lot of these other coffee shops had even BETTER CHEAPER drinks!

It's actually funny that I am a Starbucks addict because I hate caffeine. I am addicted to grande non fat steamed milks with any sugar free syrup I feel like tasting at the time (usually SF Hazelnut)! My DF always yells at me that I'm spending SOOO much money on this place when I could just go out and buy my own milk and SF syrups and make them at home, but I prefer to pay Starbucks for their labor But it's a good idea, and eventually I am going to have to purchase my own SF syrup and make them at home since I am a starving student!!
    Angela

Replies

That question shouldv been who doesn't love Starbucks. one cup and your hooked 4sure. Hot or cold its all good.
    TwDiva

"If you don't want to change then do nothing"