Thread: Core Spaghetti Sauce?

Default Core Spaghetti Sauce?

Is there a jarred core spaghetti sauce I can buy in a regular grocery store? Or TJ's if I need to? I made this great recipe last night of the box of WW spaghetti and I only had the Ragu Garden Vegetable Sauce - which I LOVE so I had to count the points.

I'm at work so I don't have the box - but I'll try and remember it... I though my BF and DS would be like YUCK!! But they both gobbled it down! I'll do the instructions as I made it - only slightly modified from the box directions

Grill or Saute 8oz chicken (I used like 6 chicken tenders and 1/2 tbs olive oil and added some garlic)
    Remove from pan cut into chunks

In the pan you made the chicken in add 1/2 chopped onion (or more), sliced yellow squash, mushrooms (my addition) and cook until tender - I think I added the rest of my oil here 1.5 tbs). Add chicken, 1/2 cup frozen peas, more garlic if desired and Spaghetti sauce - and salt & pepper to taste. Cook until heated through.

Serve over WW Spaghetti. I topped with grated parmesean and counted the points.

DS ate all the Spaghetti so my leftover sauce will be served over bulgar for lunch today.
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Replies

Default Re: Core Spaghetti Sauce?

I don't know if you have a Price Chopper near you, but their brand of fat free is core! You can always make your own. Tomato sauce, tomato paste, crushed or diced tomatoes, spices. As long as all the ingredients are core, it is core. Some jarred sauces have added oils, which make them non-core (the Price Chopper brand does not).
    I am not defined by the number, but how healthy my body is!
    2 teach is 2 touch 4 ever

~*Nicole*~