Thread: Restaurant Help

penfold Guest

Default Restaurant Help

Hi There! Long time lurker and first time poster. I love this site and I hope once I get better internet access to post more often. I'm currently following the UK version of weight watchers, and am on the Points plan. I've lost about 10lb so far and I had about 13lb to lose so nearly there!

Anyway, I'm heading out for dinner with people from work and we're going here:

http://www.brasseriesixty6.com/dinner.html

Any recommendations on what to get? Not hugely into fish or seafood although I will try some of it.

TIA!

Penfold.

Default Re: Restaurant Help

To be real honest, I don't know what some of those food really are but they sound devine.

When I eat at a restaurant I am not familiar with, I usually go for a caesar salad with the grilled chicken. I see they have caesar salad with rotisserie chicken. That probably isn't a bad choice except for the dressing. Can you take your own low-point dressing? I don't eat salad dressing. If I got that I would probably add the side of green beans, sugar snap and peas in a mint pesto. That would have to hit a bunch of your Good Health Guidelines.

2nd choice for me would be the chargrilled pork chop with the roast apple, pineapple and pomegrnate salsa. I have never ate pomegranate but that sounds really good also.

Lisa
    SW 311.2, CW 168.4 Total lost 142.8 5'1"

penfold Guest

I'm not sure what half of them are myself to be honest! Thanks for your advice, I was thinking of the caesar salad myself all right, but was concerned about the dressing. I suppose I could always ask for it on the side.

thanks again!
    Last edited by penfold; 05-21-2008 at 03:16 AM. Reason: typo

This is why we study menus before we go to restaurants. It would take half the night at the restaurant deciding, wouldn't it.
    I agree with the Caesar and either bring your own dressing or talk to waitress. I ask the waitress for some descriptions to avoid fat.
    I love fish and seafood so would not have a problem. I saw a rotiserrie chicken of the day. Just need to know what the chef has in mind.
    I sometimes order a couple of starter choices. Our portion need is so much less than many American restaurants. Did you look at the vegetarian menu? Their Calabrese tomato salad is a favorite of mine with the olive oil being a good thing. I might very well order the grilled pork chops if I didn't want fish.
    I loved their cheese menu. Off limits now but boy they sound good.
    marge

SW: 206
    GW: 146
    CW: 166. 8
    40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

penfold Guest

Hi yeah I checked out the veg menu and that's what I was leaning towards. I just wanted some advice!

thanks again for replying