Thread: Recipe wanted: using pudding mix and drained fruit

Default Recipe wanted: using pudding mix and drained fruit

Hey Buddies,

I cannot find a low point recipe I had picked up at a meeting years ago. It used Sugar Free vanilla pudding mix, non-fat milk, and drained fruit (maybe mandarin oranges and pineapple).

I guess I could experiment but I was wondering if anyone had the recipe. It was very simple but I cannot remember the exact ingredients and proportions.

Thanks,

Carmen
    The Lady in Green

"Nothing is particulary hard if you divide it into small parts." -Henry Ford-

Starrbrite Guest

Default Re: Recipe wanted: using pudding mix and drained fruit

There are several recipes similar to this. Some use berries, some use pumpkin, and some of us throw in a little of this or that.

There are recipes here. I'll get back to you, because I have to search them out. (Others who are much better at this than I am will also post, and that's great, because I can't find my own recipe anywhere.)

Meanwhile, the recipe I follow is fairly simple:

Add one-half of the ff milk recommended for the sf ff pudding. Then mix the strained frozen berries (or other fruit) into the pudding. Finally, fold in a container of light or fat free whipped topping. Chill.

It is a great dessert, and one I use a lot through the summer months.

Others have told me that you can make a fluff simply by using chilled, semi-gelled sf ff gelatin which was mixed according to the directions but with less liquid. When the gelatin is not gelled " but getting there" you fold in the container of light or fat-free whipped topping. Then chill.

I'll be back as soon as I find ht links.
    Last edited by Starrbrite; 04-21-2008 at 05:10 AM.

Starrbrite Guest

You are looking for what we call "fluffs," which I said earlier can include all kinds of ingredients.

The loose recipe I gave you in the earlier post is a "berry fluff" and one my family loves.

I have taken the recipes posted below from a great post called 100 Best WW Recipes- takes a while to load. which you will find in the Mess Hall magic board.

http://www.davidcenko.com/adele/100ww.doc

MANDARIN ORANGE MOUSSE

(aka CREAMSICLE MOUSSE)

1 box SF orange Jell-O
    1 box SF white chocolate pudding
    1 can mandarin orange slices (drained)
    1 8-oz tub of fat free Cool Whip.

Mix Jell-O with 1 cup boiling water. Dissolve Jell-O completely. add 1 cup cold
    water and let it sit for 5 minutes. Using electric beater, beat in pudding
    mix until well combined. Fold in drained fruit and Cool Whip. Chill and serve.

4 servings (1 cup each), 2.5 POINTS each

OREO MOUSSE

1 small pkg sugar-free instant pudding, chocolate or white chocolate

1 12oz container Cool Whip Free, thawed

4 reduced-fat Oreo cookies, crushed, reserve some crumbs for the top

Mix the dry pudding with the Cool Whip and crushed Oreo's. Pour into a pan. Sprinkle the top with the reserved Oreo crumbs. Freeze.

6 servings, 3 POINTS each

Someone was worried about buying a whole package of Oreo's just to get 4 cookies. A lot of temptation there. My solution: I buy the Oreo's on my way to work, remove 4 cookies from the package, and leave the rest to be devoured by the work vultures. The package usually lasts about 15 minutes, not long enough for me to be tempted.

Then I found the pumpkin fluff recipe in the core section of the dessert posts. The link to that post is http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...splay.php?f=40

Pumpkin fluff
    This was posted on the WW Core site--not sure who gets the credit. But for 2 pts it looks yummy!

Pumpkin Fluff

1- 15oz. can of Pumpkin

1-package of SF/FF Vanilla or Butterscotch Pudding

1-cup skim milk.

1- 8oz. container of FF Cool Whip.

2-tsp. of Pumpkin Pie Spice
    Blend Pumpkin, Dry pudding, spice,and milk with a mixer until blended. Fold in Cool Whip.Chill before eating.

1 cup= 2 points.

Going to put this where it belongs--in the recipe section--just thought I would stick it here, too. Powers that be--feel free to delete!!

My favorite uses fresh and drained fruit.

2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
    1 cup fresh blueberries
    1 1/2 cups grapes cut in half
    3 bananas sliced
    1 can (11 oz) mandarin oranges drained (reserve liquid)
    1 can (15 oz) chunk pineapple drained (reserve liquid)
    1 large box sugar-free fat free vanilla pudding

mix fruit together gently
    stir pudding into reserve liquid from canned fruit and mix it gently with the fruit

Great for picnics and potlucks
    Enjoy
    Mooksgrandma
    SW 242/ CW 132/ GW 137

Mary and Mooksgrandma,

Thanks so much for your help. Those all sound so yummy. I am looking for something that I can have on hand to help keep me away from the ice cream that my husband eats every night.

I am sure these will do the trick.

Carmen
    The Lady in Green

"Nothing is particulary hard if you divide it into small parts." -Henry Ford-

6. Default Re: Recipe wanted: using pudding mix and drained fruit

wanted to add here that I like to mix sf pudding mix with plan FF yogurt and drained fruit...with fresh fruit as garnish...

best Core dessert we have

How do you mix the pudding with the yogurt? Do you use an electric beater? I guess I keep thinking the pudding mix will clump up before I can get it all incorporated.
    Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237
    Current Weight: 203.5
    My Goal Weight: 180

Starrbrite Guest

When my mom or sister makes this recipe they always use a portable mixer. I, on the other hand, have no idea where my portable mixer is -- if I even have one, that is.

I use a big, big spoon and stir it. It doesn't clump much, if at all. No one have ever complained about it. Then I fold in the whipped topping. That's it.

I have also used the instant mix and put it right into the whipped topping with a big spoon. Again, no problem.