Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

1. Default Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

San Marco's brand fat free tortillas. They are on the small side, but at 60 calories, no fat and 6 grams of fiber per tortilla (only 4 count of course) they come out to zero points! I can only eat one at zero points... but it will make a good snack. Sadly, two come to 2 points because of the fiber cap, but oh well. And they were relatively inexpensive $1.79 for 10. If they taste good I'll stock up. Pretty cool.

I'll let you know how they taste!

Edie

2. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

They were good! Chewy, which I like. I heated up some 2% cheese inside for a nice quesadilla snack.

Edie

Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

Sorry Charlie. On WWers if it isn't a veggie it must be counted as at least 1 pt. No exceptions.

David
    HW: 570 ( Pretty big huh?)
    SW: 511.8 ( Well thats a little better)
    CW: 469
    IMPOSSIBLE is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. IMPOSSIBLE is not a fact. It's an opinion.

Replies

Really? I had never heard that! I have several things that come out to 1/2 point or 0 pts if you eat 1/2 servings...Actually, it makes sense: too many 0 pt foods can add up to a lot of calories!!!

kd
    Kathy
    sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

Here's an article from ww.com on the subject
    When Zero Doesn't Equal Zero
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Replies

Thanks Joanne! Very helpful. Somewhat relieving, but also a good warning for me.

kd
    Kathy
    sw= 258 cw=231 gw=141

7. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

OK, not to be argumentative here... but taken from the article posted below

"So let's get down to the nitty-gritty. If I carefully measure my two tablespoons of whipped topping in the afternoon, calling it zero, can I eat a second serving later in the day for zero? In fact you can. Sigh of relief! Officially, the POINTS Weight-Loss System provides an allowance for "man-made" (non-veggie) zeros. The plan suggests that any member limit their servings of zeros to five a day. In the long run, your weight loss will be the guide. If weight loss is slow, you might want to pull back on the zeros. Remember all foods have calories."

I feel I CAN eat one zero point tortilla and not be worried. As I said in my post... two count as two points. If I eat two, I'll count the points. If my weight loss stalls, I'll look at those tortillas carefully. But I'm in my first week of my program (coming back after succesfully losing a bunch of weight, then having a baby). So please don't tell my I'm off program. I'm NOT... but I will be careful.

Edie

8. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

I'm with you, Edie - yesterday I was about to put some FF whipped topping on some fruit - calculated that if I used 4 TBSP, it would be a point - decided to have FF ice cream instead, if it was going to cost me a point. I was surprised to see that 4 TBSP (1/4 cup) of Blue Bunny FF vanilla ice cream was zero! And the ice cream is much better than the topping.
    Rose

HW:175
    WW Goal: 136
    Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006
    Personal Goal: 118-123
    CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)
    BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
    Wayne Dyer

9. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

Thanks Crystal Rose! I need all the help and tricks I can get, especially during the first few weeks back while I'm getting used to what I should eat and while my pallet is changing. I know from experience that pretty soon a bowl of strawberries will taste like candy. But I'm not there yet!

Replies

My theory has always been that worry over a point burns off an activity point

Never sweat the petty stuff and never pet the sweaty stuff.
    CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

11. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

Quote Originally Posted by plcm111195 View Post
    Here's an article from ww.com on the subject
    When Zero Doesn't Equal Zero
    This article supports Edie's freedom to eat that 0 point tortilla. As the article points out, the 0 point factor is a calculation based on calories, fat and fiber PER SERVING.

Of course, I think most of us know to check the points for 2 servings of 0 point foods. That's only sensible. But, to say that you can't count this one serving of tortilla as 0, since it isn't a vegetable, doesn't seem accurate. I use 0 point foods occasionally with no problem.

Just my 2 cents.

Wise

Quote Originally Posted by CW View Post
    My theory has always been that worry over a point burns off an activity point

Never sweat the petty stuff and never pet the sweaty stuff.
    CW
    Love it!
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 133 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Sorry, Duroc, but I don't think your statement is correct.

I think people have this misconception that zero points should mean zero calories. That isn't the case. Like that article says, you can't go consuming loads of non veggie zero point foods and not expect them to add up, but if an item comes into the tracker at zero points, I count it as zero points just as I would if something was 2 points of 5 points or 10 points. That isn't cheating the program, that's following the program.

I always wondered too why people say, well I count it as a point. Why? If it's zero, than it's zero. If something came in as 6 points would you count it as 7 just because? I don't consume very many of these foods, but when I do, I weigh or measure, and count the points as written, be it zero or more.

+Pinky+ Guest

on our WW program here in the Netherlands Zero is Zero. When I have weighed, measured and carefully calculated my food items and it comes to zero, you can bet I'm taking it.

Edie, enjoy your tortillas. I would give my right leg for some zero point tortillas!!!

Replies

This is so interesting. My initial inclination was with Duroc - that if it ain't a veggie, it ain't zero. But then I got to thinking about the (WW-endorsed and "pointed") supposedly "zero point" soups - which are 2 points if you eat 2 servings. On that theory, I'd say the tortilla is zero if you stick to one. (Of course, if your losses stall at some point on the journey, you might need to revisit that...but no sense worrying about that today.)

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly Guest

if you figure the calorie,fat, and fiber (cap at 4) and it equals 0 then it is 0 veggie or not!

Quote Originally Posted by ediesbeads View Post
    San Marco's brand fat free tortillas. They are on the small side, but at 60 calories, no fat and 6 grams of fiber per tortilla (only 4 count of course) they come out to zero points! I can only eat one at zero points... but it will make a good snack. Sadly, two come to 2 points because of the fiber cap, but oh well. And they were relatively inexpensive $1.79 for 10. If they taste good I'll stock up. Pretty cool.

I'll let you know how they taste!

Edie
    Thanks Edie. I'll look for them as a pizza crust. I use the Boboli WW crust but that adds enough points to matter. It always amazes me how many points are in a flour tortilla. I also appreciate the comment on cost. My quest for a svelt figure costs a bunch.
    marge

SW: 206
    GW: 146
    CW: 166. 8
    40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

Do they taste good plain? The 1 pt tortillas I've used taste blah... they're only good if you put so much on them you can't taste them! LOL! Then that defeats the purpose a bit! I love to dunk a tortilla in chili and would love to find one that was tasty. It would also be nice to be able to buy one brand for the whole family. They think the 1pt ones are too gross.
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

19. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

I think they tasted good! They were yummy with a piece of 1 pt cheese on them. They were chewy, not soft. They would hold up well to beans or juicy things. They weren't "twiggy" like some high fiber things. They were at our Meijer store if they have that store near you.

Edie

Replies

Edie- where do you buy these?

Edit: Okay, I just saw where you buy these... is that a national chain?

21. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

So I am really at a quandry with the zero is zero way. So we all know the tortillas figure out to be zero points, but chances are you are not going to eat just a plain tortilla.

Calgal - you brought up a good point with the progresso soups. If you eat more than 1 serving, then you have to add your points. So what if you have 1 tortilla in your 1 serving of soup. Are they both still zero?

Marge - Flatouts make good pizza crusts and so do english muffins. They are low in points and have nice flavor.
    Meg
    HW 6/07-290
    SW - 260
    7/09 - 167
    CW - 203
    Goal - 180

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w1CxTMb/]

Replies

Not trying to extend the battle of the zero point tortilla here... but if anyone is interested in a 50 cal/8 fiber/2 fat (you can do the math) I found some last night. They are La Tortilla factory. the smaller size. I got the whole wheat and the garlic herb. I enjoyed them thoroughly with some grilled veggies and a sprinkle of ff cheese. It was a super low fat/high fiber dinner.

23. Wink More 0 point foods

Diet Swiss Miss (25 calories per pack) is 0 points ...that's not a veggie ...Oh, I forgot ...chocolate is a bean!

24. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

My leader always says:

0 is Zero
    0+0 is Zero, but
    0+0+0+0 is 1

She says you can count it as zero, but just watch it. And for me, if I had a 0 pt. tortilla and 0 pt. soup together, I'd count it as one. But that's me.
    -Christina

1st Goal: Size 18

What is making you fat? It isn't your schedule or your metabolism or your willpower. Stop making excuses.
    -Dr. Phil

I just discovered the La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas this past week, and I LOVE THEM!

They're softer than most whole wheat tortillas I've tried. I make turkey and cheese wraps (with a skinny stripe of mustard) with them and heat them just until the cheese is melted. MMMmmmmm MMMmmmmm!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chefbna View Post
    Not trying to extend the battle of the zero point tortilla here... but if anyone is interested in a 50 cal/8 fiber/2 fat (you can do the math) I found some last night. They are La Tortilla factory. the smaller size. I got the whole wheat and the garlic herb. I enjoyed them thoroughly with some grilled veggies and a sprinkle of ff cheese. It was a super low fat/high fiber dinner.
    Pugdad Michael

65 pounds lost! GOAL!!!
    MO Platoon Member #784

My Before & After Pix!
    http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=194025

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast