Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

1. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

I just discovered the La Tortilla Factory whole wheat tortillas this past week, and I LOVE THEM!
    I hear ya Michael! I LOVE these tortillas, and use 1 or 2 a day. They are so good, and don't fall apart when you put stuff in them. SO worth the 1 point!
    There are only a few places around here that carry them, and they are always out when I go. So, I ordered a bunch from their online store, and froze the rest. My order came quickly, and it was actually less expensive than if I bought them in the store.
    I give them a big .
    SW and HW-198
    CW-192.5

2. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

What is this cap of 4grams of fiber that everyone is talking about? I have never heard anything about this. Can someone please explain?

Thanks,
    Kaitlin

Replies

Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

Kaitlin, you'll see on the slider you get with week 1 materials that the maximum amount of fiber that can be counted toward your points is 4. It used to be that the sliders gave you space up to 10, which made higher fiber foods lower points. Now, you can't count more than 4 grams of fiber toward any food.

If you eat two servings at once, this can really hit you - some foods have very high fiber and the first 4 grams of fiber are the only ones you can count, so something that might be 2 points for 1 serving can be 5.5 points for 2 servings, because you only get to count the first 4 grams of fiber on the first serving.

Does that make sense?
    Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

4. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

Thanks, that is helpful. I am doing the WW online so I did not get any materials, just access to the online stuff. With the online calculator they don't mention anything about a cap on the fiber. Thanks for clearing that up!

Replies

Yeah, I think the meetings are helpful for clearing up this kind of question. I haven't done online, but I understand that it's not exactly user friendly and can be hard to find the info you need.

Welcome and Good luck!

So, do you not get a slider at all with online? How are you supposed to figure out points at the grocery store?
    Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

6. Default Re: Dang! I found zero point tortillas!

No slider... there is an online calculator. So far I haven't had any problems at the store (although I have only been doing this for less than 2 weeks). I think my main issue with losing weight is portion control so the online journaling is really helping me control that.

At the store I rarely even go down the aisles unless it is to get tomato sauce.. everything else is on the fringe of the store (meat, dairy, veggies, bread). I also tend to make big pots of food for the entire week so I just load them up with veggies and the points stay low. Over the past two days I can't even reach my full daily points allowance because I have been so full from veggies!

Can you tell me more about what goes on at a meeting? What types of things do they hand out in Week 1? How much does it cost?

Thanks!
    Kaitlin

Replies

The meetings have a weekly topic relating to the program or the Tools for Living. People share foods they've tried that week or tips for other members. I find it very motivating and it keeps me accountable to have someone else weigh me in! You get a booklet of information about the program or recipes for the first 12 weeks or so.

I did the Monthly Pass, which was a meeting each week and e-Tools for $39.95 a month. I can't go right now because I'm pregnant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12