Thread: Can Exercise Affect the Amount of Weight Loss?

Replies

Default Can Exercise Affect the Amount of Weight Loss?

Help -

I have been exercising like crazy the last few weeks and have noticed that the amount weight I have loss has decreased. Can too much exercise prevent a person from losing weight?

My exercise consists of vigours walks and light weight lifting.

Suggestions, thoughts, help......

Sylvie

2. Default Re: Can Exercise Affect the Amount of Weight Loss?

I have kinda the sma equestion...I have started WW at the same time that I started jogging 20 minutes every day...and couple of people that started with me lost a LOT I have only lost 2 pounds in 4 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Re: Can Exercise Affect the Amount of Weight Loss?

When you exercise your muscles get tiny microscopic tears in them and retain water for repair. That can cause a temporary weight gain. But in the long run, exercise will help burn more calories, boost your metabolism and shape your body.

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly Guest

its only tempory(the water retention form workingout) in a few weeks you will start to see the loss, its a small price to pay now because the big picture is you are doing the right thing and it will show!

Replies

It effects each of us differently depending on all the other things we are doing. I've seen people increase the amount of weight lost and some that have had gains (usually this is from not eating enough).

I does effect inches. We can lose inches and hold or gain weight.

If you do 30 minutes of medium intensity exercise you will (generally speaking) tone up, lose faster, sleep better, be less hungry and have more points available to eat.

I count that a win/win/win/win/win.

CW
    AS LONG AS I DON'T QUIT, I CANNOT FAIL

B4 & After: http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...d.php?t=202124

Gotta tell ya guys: since I started increase weight training and fitness center regime, I lost 3x faster than my snail's pace but am constantly starved. I have never had that feeling before. I have tried eating all my activity and flex points, going to Core. It is a struggle. But it was a struggle before. I just am disappointed that my tummy was in a serene zone and is now screeming hunger.
    marge

SW: 206
    GW: 146
    CW: 166. 8
    40#: 2/5; 45# 4/1; 50# 4/29

I started WW last September. Had great losses. I started exercising in January, and the weight loss dropped. Drastically. It took about 6 weeks, then I started losing again.

Then I really increased my level of work in my workouts in March, and again, my weight loss dropped. Drastically.

Just last week (about 6 weeks into the new routine), my weight loss picked up again.

It's very common for your body to take 6 weeks to adjust to new levels of exercise. Keep working and it will come!
    Nita

Nita, at the times that your weight loss stalled, did you still "feel" like you were losing, even though the scale wasn't showing it? Clothes looser, just felt smaller?
    Tish
    Onward and Downward