Thread: need ideas for breakfast

Cool need ideas for breakfast

Hello

The girls and I are our meeting tonight talked about how we need to spice up our breakfast menu. Tired of the same old yogurt, fruit or cereal day in and day out. Anyone have any suggestions on need things to try for breakfast?
    " I'm only this far and only tomorrow leads my way... "

~ Dave Matthews Band - Song 41

Default Re: need ideas for breakfast

I'm all about variety. Here are some of my favorites.

Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap
    Creamy Bulgur Breakfast
    Crustless Pumpkin Pie with Oatmeal
    Cream of Wheat Pudding
    Core Peach Crisp or PB&J Oatmeal Crisp or variation
    Pizza Fritatta or other variation
    Blueberry Bread Pudding
    Oven-Crisped French Toast

Whole Grain Waffles with either 1 tbs natural PB and strawberries or cottage cheese and berries
    1/2 whole grain pita with a sliced apple and wedge of Laughing cow cheese

There are lots of great ideas in the Breakfast Recipe forum, too
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

I also enjoyed these ideas and have copied several to try out soon.

I have one question, though---where are people finding all their light breads? In particular, I noticed the reference to 4 slices of light bread equalling only 2 points. Can you tell me what brand(s) to look for? And where do you find it?

A related question concerns all the other bread products, like bagels, English muffins, pita bread, and just the plain old whole wheat bread (Weight Watchers or others?) that people refer to. I have cruised up and down the bread aisles of two of the three grocery stores in our area and I'm just not finding anything.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks.
    SW-183 GW-143
    161 - 03/23/12 -- 8 (22 lbs to date)
    151 - 05/25/12 --10 (31 lbs to date)

Replies

There are a few low calorie breads out there: Orowheat Lite is the bread I use when I eat bread.

The Western Alternative Bagel is only 1 point and is my fav to use in a sandwich.
    Diane

237 - 1/3/6
    198.8 - 12/30/08

"Live each day as if it's the BEST day of your life!"

Some of my breakfast faves:

Baked Oatmeal (I found a lot of recipes searching here).

1 pt worth of shredded potatoes, 1 cup peppers/onions (I use frozen), 1 pt of turkey/chicken breast or pre-cooked bacon - cook these in a pan with 1 tsp oil, then add 1/4-1/2 cup of Egg Beaters (or equivalent), and if I'm really decadent, I top it with 1 pt of 2% cheese.

1 or 2 pt bagel spread with WW Cream Cheese or 2% cheese, and topped with a cooked veggie mixture (I cook peppers/onions, squash, whatever in 1 tsp oil). It's a big veggie sandwich.

1/2 cup Egg Beaters cooked, rolled in a wrap with cheese, veggies, salsa, whatever I feel like throwing in there.
    Nita

Replies

WW bagel spread with Laughing Cow Cheese
    Light raisin bread spread with 1 tsp. peanut butter
    Light English muffin spread with ICBINB and i slice ff American Cheese
    Poached Egg on light wheat bread
    Kashi waffles
    Aunt Jemima low fat pancakes

I'm surprised you can't find the "light" products. Even my Stop and Shop has their own brand of "light" breads including English muffins plus all the other brands. Where do you live?
    Lifetimer since April 2001
    195/135/150WW

Replies

Okay, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this!

One FlatOut Multi Grain wrap - 1 point
    3 Egg Whites - 1 point
    Feta Cheese - I do the amount that makes 2 points
    1 oz of Gimme Lean Sausage (pre- cooked with red pepper seeds added) - 1 point

I cook up the egg whites (if I am at work I microwave them) sometimes I add a little garlic salt and pepper to them. Then I put everything on the wrap and warm it in the microwave for 30 seconds so the cheese melts!

It is DELICIOUS!!!!! It is 5 points for breakfast but it keeps me full all the way until lunch!
    SW - 282 CW - 254.8 10% - 252.4
    WWG - 189 PG - 179

BlzMaxGnrCCJkMly Guest

yum that sounds good!!

I LOVE my easy omelette's (wonderful if you have kids as well).

Large pot
    Water
    Ziploc Freezer (or other, just as durable bags)
    Eggs/Egg substitute
    Whatever else you like in your omelette

Boil a large pot of water over the stove.

Take the Ziplock baggie (make sure that it's a heavy duty/freezer one!!!) and put what all you want on your omelette in it (eggs and all). I really like eggs, my homemade salsa, and occasionally mushrooms, cheese, or black olives. Be creative!

Stick it in the boiling water (seal up out of the water and baggie not touching the sides of the pot for 13 minutes (or until the egg is fully cooked, but every time I've ever done it, it's been 13 minutes).

Open the baggie and let your easy omelette slide out! These are great for get-togethers because you can just set out the "fixins" (besides the eggs) and let everyone make and drop-in their own. Sometimes it helps to write your name on the bag if there's multiples, though! I think that these come in handy the most when I'm camping. No mess, no cleanup. Just throw the baggie away and pour out the water.
    Cynthia
    SW: 257 GW: 175

Go big RED!

Replies

Cynthia,
    this sounds wonderful...I have always been scared to make an omelette....this sounds do-able to me! and yummy..thanks!
    Havasubuddie
    SW 124.4 /CW 118 / GW 115
    LIFETIME 10-03-07

Joined ww 5-8-07

I like making bagel breakfast sammies. I use the WW bagels (2pt) with an egg (2pt) and a meat, either centercut Oscar Mayer bacon (2slices - 1pt) or Canadian bacon (1pt) Sometimes I add a sprinkle of cheddar or slice of 2%American cheese, or a slice of tomato.

I also love a sturdy pc of whole wheat double fiber toast with peanut butter, fills me up for a long morning. (5pt)

Another fave is Eggos lowfat Nutrigrain waffles (1pt ea) with lite syrup and 2slices of centercut bacon.

I like boiled eggs and toast or bagel too, they fill me up. I try to eat 4-6pts for my brkfast. I sometimes have to go to a late lunch.

And last, I like cream of wheat and now its in whole grain. Its easy to microwave. I think its 3pt for a bowl, its been a few weeks since I had it and its new, so I can't remember the points. I make it with 1% milk and a sprinkle of raw sugar and lots of cinnamon. Add a pc of that dbl fiber toast and I'm set hungerwise for like 6hr.

ETA that the omelette in the Ziploc is a great idea, cant wait to try it!!!

Avarweth Guest

Remember there's no rule that says you even have to eat "breakfast food" for breakfast - pizza is good any time of day.

13. Default Re: need ideas for breakfast

I've been having two slices of high fiber bread with a poached egg and making it a sandwich. It's 4 points total but it fills me up till lunch.
    Starting Weight = 174
    Current Weight = 174
    Goal Weight = 119