Thread: Slim-Fast as Snack Replacement

Default Slim-Fast as Snack Replacement

I've been drinking Slim-Fast as a mid-day snack replacement (as opposed to candy bars). I figure that it contains less points and some nutritional value, plus I satisfy my chocolate craving. What does everyone think about Slim-Fast? I know it's high in sugar, but better than the alternative at 3pm.

A bit of an issue I've been having with Slim-Fast is a feeling of bloating... anyone else?

Your opinions would mean a lot!
    23 lbs. lost since 2005 -- Goal of 15 more -- Learning to Live More Purely (Processed, Sugared, Animal Product - Free) -- www.sixweekvegan.blogspot.com--

Replies

Default Re: Slim-Fast as Snack Replacement

Hi! I would suggest getting the Optima kind of Slim Fast but also if you want a lesser points value chocolate filling with a shake try the WW shakes. They are pretty good. I do like Slim Fast better but 3 compared to 1 is better!

I personally stay away from anything like Slim-Fast. Have you tried snacking on a piece of fruit or a granola bar? If you attend meetings, have you tried the WW 2 pt. bars? They satisfy my chocolate craving.
    Darlene

Do not give up, the beginning is always the hardest. ~ unknown

RESTART 8/25/2012

Since Slim Fast is meant to replace a whole meal I wouldn't think it would make a great choice as a snack replacement - too much whatever is in it! How about some NF cocoa or chocolate milk made with those moo packets (whatever they're called?!) or a low fat syrup...

I love the fiber 1 bars too - they'd make a good candy bar substitute! The Chocolate and Caramel ones are 2 points, the PB are 3. The PB & Caramel ones are my faves. The WW bars are personally not my favorite - too small and not a lot of delicious flavor, but that's just me because I know a lot of people love them. The 60-calorie (I think) pudding cups are awsome too - or a skinny cow or WW fudge bar - but those don't really have a lot of nutrition, just delightful chocolate goodness!

Does Slim Fast have a lot of fiber? That'd be the bloating - same with Fiber 1 bars, don't eat more than 1! Gas-X strips are wonderful - they're like a breath strip, melt in your mouth quickly and have a nice minty taste - very discrete and not chalky like other stuff.
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Hungry girl just recommended Zoic - it has 21 grams of protein and its only 2 points. I tried it yesterday and it was good.
    Live, laugh, love and be happy.

Starting Weight: 237
    Current Weight: 203.5
    My Goal Weight: 180

Replies

I don't think there's anything wrong with choosing a Slim Fast for a snack. Check the label for any aritifical sugars, for some people they can lead to a bit of an upset stomach. Most things are okay with me but I don't eat too much malitol. That seems to be in a lot of "sugar free" foods.
    Amy-SAHM of 4

HW: 217
    CW: 217

Starting WW's new plan (again for the millionth time) 1/2/12

Replies

Once in a while I will blend a chocolate slim fast with some ice or a frozen banana in the blender. It makes a good snack, but I do suffer from bloat when I have one (along with other, um...unpleasant side effects !)

Was that TMI?
    Our goals are only a decision away. cw:122

Thanks for the comments and suggestions everybody! I think I'll try the WW chocolate shake, to start. I also got a chance to try the new WW chocolate fudge bars at last week's meeting. I had one, which was AMAzing (1 point), so I'll wait to buy those when they come out.

Trisha - I realized that I couldn't drink a Slim-Fast and workout directly afterwards, as I was afraid of what... might... happen... (talk about TMI!!)
    23 lbs. lost since 2005 -- Goal of 15 more -- Learning to Live More Purely (Processed, Sugared, Animal Product - Free) -- www.sixweekvegan.blogspot.com--