Thread: Bulgar and Couscous

Replies

Default Bulgar and Couscous

I'm switching from Core to flex. I have a ton of Bulgar and Couscous that I need to use up.

Can anyone tell me what the points value is for 1 cup of each.

I will be on a mission to find my WW points guide booklet tonight!!
    **Sharyn**
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane!" ~ Jimmy Buffet

SW: 169
    CW: 161
    GW: 140

Replies

Default Re: Bulgar and Couscous

Bulgur is 3pts/ cup and i'm not positive about cous.. but i'm thinking it's the same. www.calorieking.com is a great site to search simple foods like this!

I just made the switch from CORE to flex yesterday.. so if you need a buddy i'm your girl
    Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

Replies

Thanks, Jackie.

I did FLEX a long time ago, back in 2005 when I first started WW. I lost about 40 lbs, then hit a 3 or 4 month long plateau. I tried Core, liked it, lost another 10 lbs, then again, hit a plateau.

I took out my old WW records from last March, I've steadily GAINED weight on CORE (for the last 6 months), I'm was 143 last March, I'm 155 as of yesterday. I have been not wanting to go back to Flex, I have to dig out all my old materials and make the mental switch, but I have to do something.

So yeah, I could use all the help I can get, I especially now need a new home board.

I took my little quiz, (thanks CW for posting that) and, ironically enough, I'm getting the exact same amount of points that I was when I quit Flex, which was 9/06

Gonna be tough to get back into the Flex mentallity...any tips?
    **Sharyn**

Replies

I did flex for 6-8months at the beginning and lost 30lbs.. switched to core and have only played with 5lbs for the last 1.5years. I gain it.. I lose it.. I gain it.. BLAH.

I have had a few weeks flex thrown into the last year.. so i'm comfortable with both. I went back through a core journal and counted as though I was on flex. I still had 4wpa at the end of the week. So I know it's not that i'm overeating. I get my healthy 8's 99% of the time..

As for mentality I still plan my day as though I was on core. I eat mostly core foods and just count the points. I have been enjoying flavoured ff yogurt though! I find that i'm adding more veggies in though.. because i'm AFRAID to run out of points. That was always my issue with flex.

I have a flexer POP thread in the goals and countdowns if you'd like to join me for March I'd love to have yah!
    Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130

Replies

I figure all the grains dry. 1/3 c. bulgur (dry) is 2 pt. and cooks up to about 1 cup.

Whole wheat couscous is 3 pt. for 2 oz. (dry) and cooks up to about 1 cup.

The reason I do that is many grains are hard to measure when cooked. I can pack a lot of cooked bulgur into a cup --- but at what point does it become 3 points instead of 2? I solve that by measuring it dry.

I do Flex with mostly Core foods. I've done it that way for years (since before Core came out). Core foods are also low in Points, compared to other foods of the same type.
    Last edited by nancyny; 03-05-2008 at 09:40 AM.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Replies

Thanks. Now I just have to figure out how many points my yogurt applesauce concoction is and my yogurt/pistashio pudding/pineapple fluff stuff is.

I have that stuff all made up and portioned out already from the other nite, before I decided to switch.
    **Sharyn**