Thread: Quantity..

Default Quantity..

Hi everyone....was wondering if anyone could suggest some low point snacks that are large in quantity....besides popcorn? It is that lovely TOTM and for me it isn't about anything other than how much I can eat...one bag of popcorn is nothing. Granted I have been able to control it so far, I haven't blown points or anything but I am really getting sick of the popcorn. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

2. Smile Re: Quantity..

You probably don't want to hear it but . . . raw veggies. I have found they are greatly improved by making a big bowl of an assortment - sliced carrots, cut up bell pepper (red if available), maybe some broccoli (much improved, in my opinion, by light steaming), and a few grapes or some fresh pineapple. The fruit just seems to step it up to a much higher level of satisfaction, for me.

Be sure you are drinking all your water!
    Last edited by CrystalRose; 02-29-2008 at 08:37 AM. Reason: punctuation
    Rose

HW:175
    WW Goal: 136
    Below WW Goal since Dec. 2006
    Personal Goal: 118-123
    CW: 120.0 (11/18/08)
    BMI: 21.8

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."
    Wayne Dyer

Replies

Default Re: Quantity..

I make alot of stir "fry" veggies, too. I like my veggies cooked, and hot food seems to be more staifying. I just spray my wok w/ pam and toss in a bunch of stuff. (very lighton the carrots and onions though.. lots of peppers, mushrooms, broccoli... you get the point. when they ar ealmost done, I throw in a bag of coleslaw mix and heat it through. It starts to cook a little but is still a little crisp.

also, when I get TOM.. I want sweets. Try some butternut squash with just a little spray butter on it, some cinnamon and a drizzle of SF syrup. I litte Mrs. Butterworth's. You can pretend it's pumpkin pie!

My latest favorite snack (and VERY filling) is:
    Hard boil 3 eggs, cut each egg in half and discard the yolks.
    Fill the centers with 2 tablespoons of a good, spicy hummus.

Total points: 2
    The protein helps keep me full

Another favorite: mix 1/2 cup sugar-free cherry pie filling with 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt. Sprinkle with a tablespoon of granola.

And yet another: mix 1/3 cup canned pumpkin with 2 packets of Splenda, a tablespoon of sugar-free maple syrup and 1 container of sugar-free Jello caramel pudding.
    Total points: 1
    SW: 224 lbs
    CW: 162 lbs
    GW: 145 lbs

Goodbye 220's...210's...200's...190's...180's...170's...

Quote Originally Posted by bethel View Post
    My latest favorite snack (and VERY filling) is:
    Hard boil 3 eggs, cut each egg in half and discard the yolks.
    Fill the centers with 2 tablespoons of a good, spicy hummus.

The protein helps keep me full
    I'm going to have to try this. I love deviled eggs, but rarely eat them because of the high points value--they're just not worth it. This sounds like it would be a good substitute.
    ~Cassie

Achieved my second 10% on 11/29/07
    Working on my third 10% 266/256.6/240
    Progress pictures at myspace.com/cww1022