Thread: Outback Steakhouse

Default Outback Steakhouse

I was on the Outback website yesterday looking for nutritional information and they have a whole section on what to order if you're trying to eat healthy - and how to special order it! Like order the such and such without butter and glaze. I thought it was really helpful! They really advertise that special ordering is fine and dandy with them...

http://www.outback.com/foodandmenus/...lthyweightloss

wish every website could be so helpful!!
    RainyBabie

Back on track - September 2010... Whoo hoo!

Some Weeks You Lose, Some Weeks You Learn...

Default Re: Outback Steakhouse

Thanks for sharing. I know that Outback isn't exactly the most healthy restaurant, but it's nice to seem them putting in an effort to educate their customers on healthy choices.
    Amanda

CW: ??? GW: 130

Thanks for the information. I have an Outback about a mile away but always avoided it. I also looked on Ruby Tuesday website today and I think it offers more NI than in the past. It makes everything so much easier.
    Jina

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but as long as we are here we might as well dance! - Andy Rooney

MrsKCharles Guest

Outback is my husband's favorite restaurant so I had to find a way to make it work and what I do is this...and believe me it takes willpower, but believe it or not it really is second nature to me now...I'll tell you exactly word for word what I tell the waitress.

I order the Grilled Chicken and Swiss Sandwich plain with nothing on it at all...no cheese, no bacon, nothing...then I tell her I do NOT want the chicken dipped in butter or any seasonings, I just want it grilled. For the side, I order the steamed broccoli with no butter sauce. I drink ice water. I charge usually 4 to 5 points for the chicken depending on the size. I usually don't eat a piece of bread but if I do, I try to estimate the points and charge them accordingly. I always feel so proud of myself when I walk out.

Wow! Now if more restaurants would get this attitude adjustment.
    Abby

SW: 285 (1/1/08)
    CW: 179

"Anywhere is walking distance, if you've got the time."