Thread: Kernel Season's

Default Kernel Season's

Hey Guys and Gals,

I'm new to these boards. I've done weight watchers on and off a few times, and now I'm trying to get back on it and stay on it. Popcorn is generally my saving grace. I started using Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning and to be honest a lot of them are just freakin delicious.... the ranch one especially.

So, I was wondering if any of you used it, and if so how many points do you think it would be? I used the calculator but i'm still kinda worried.

For instance

1/4 Tsp=

Calories= 2
    Total Fat = 0
    Fiber=0
    Sodium=61mg

Basically, thats nothing as far as points go. Granted, the salt content is high and water retention could be a problem, but thats not what I'm concerned about. Just points. So what does everyone think? How much of this would you use a day?

Default Re: Kernel Season's

How much do you use? It would take at least a tablespoon before it would count as a point, IMO.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

Well, the directions recommend a capful and thats generally what I tend to use. I would say thats probably about a tablespoon, maybe a bit more. So you would go with the tablespoon=1 pt? Interesting. I may do that. Thanks!

Maybe I'm thinking of something else. I thought they were sprinkles.
    Either way if 1/4 tsp is 2 calories then 1 tsp is 8 calories and 1 tbs is 24 calories. That would add up to a lot of sodium though for a tbs.
    Joanne
    SW 252.6/WWG 157/2013 Restart 192.6/CW189

I have wondered about this also. Since I follow Core and popcorn is Core I also use Kernel Seasonings. I have never measured it and don't count it...I am not sure that is a good thing though.

Carmen
    Success is not a race, be patient.