Thread: One Point Brownies

buildingdreams Guest

Angry One Point Brownies

So I made the 1 point Brownies the other day. My girlfriend plugged it in to ww etools and it came up as 3 points each. That was after she ate 4 of them. Can anyone help me figure out the exact point value. I went on Sparks people to figure it out and I couldn't

Please help as I was going to make another batch today.

It is one box of Low fat Brownie mix and 1 can pured black beans!

mochalattekona Guest

Default Re: One Point Brownies

Found this on a previous post

I saw this "recipe" on the ww site recently...where you make brownies with one 15 oz can of black beans (pureed, liquid and all) and mix it with a ff brownie mix (storebought) and that this makes 1 point brownies...oops I think you might need to make 24 servings for them to be 1 point. So I gave this recipe out to my members on Monday and they were understandably skeptical (because of the beans). So I thought I'd try to make it though I have no real interest in brownie mixes or baking mixes of any kind...but I wanted to be able to report back.

It is hard to find a ff brownie mix. I am too cheap to spend 4.99 on a brownie mix (no pudge)...so I got a low fat one...well I made the brownies tonight. The batter tasted gross, not because of the black beans but because I always find mixes to taste "fake", "chemical-ly", and then I noticed how the recipe was supposed to be made, with just a little oil and one egg and water, and it occurred to me that there were probably MORE points in a can of black beans!!! AND I usually use homemade beans and I thought the beans smelled BAD when I opened the can but I think that is because of how salty canned beans are...

I made 12 brownies in my silicone cups...I calculated these would be 3 points per 18 servings from the box, so with 12 servings they'd be 4.5 points...(and this is NOT counting points for the black beans, since I do core, but most of my members don't...though I suppose it's less than a point of black beans per serving...WOW is this NOT worth it!!! The only good thing is that my son thinks they are "real" brownies...because I told him so...I said they were from a mix, so I guess it's not a lie. And he seemed to like them...He said he couldn't believe I made REAL brownies...

now I'm wondering why you'd even do this with the ff mix, wouldn't a ff brownie mix be low points anyway???? just thought I'd share...I tried half a brownie "cupcake" and I'm not that impressed. I believe our core brownie is at least as good!!! Just thought I'd let you know about this little experiment...I'd go for a core brownie or a REAL brownie if you're going to use up points!!:bcbsalute

"You can expect to succeed if you expect to struggle some of the time and remain committed to persistence all of the time."

buildingdreams Guest

thanks you so much. I think she is right. I would rather eat the box as prepared than be tricked into thinking the bean ones were better. If any one else has some insight I would appreciate it !

Peggy

I made brownies today. I found a regular box of Pillsbury brownie mix in the cabinet and wanted them real bad. So I compromised and I put two egg whites, and a 15 oz can of pumpkin with 1/8th cup water. Baked on 350 for about 30 minutes in a 9x13 pan and cut into 24 squares, they where very good. You couldn’t even taste the pumpkin. And they where only 2.1 pts each. Small, but I got the Chocolate fix I was looking for and the pts were not too bad.

PS, I made the black bean brownies once and they where nasty.
    ~* Tina*~

Started WW 10/18/05 Restart 05/18/2010
    I can, I will, I am

TryingWW Guest

I agree with Mochalatte...

I get tired of hearing about all the substitutions you can make and the substitutes are 1. not exactly the same, therefore not satisfying and 2. are the same amount of points as the real thing. Sure you might be getting more fiber, but I think we all are getting plenty of fiber one way or another on WW.

and the regular kind won't even give you gas.
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

** Exported from MasterCook *
    No Pudge Brownie Clone

Recipe By :Anka
    Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    1 cup sugar (Do NOT use Splenda. It will not work!)
    3/4 cup flour
    1/2 cup cocoa
    2 egg whites -- optional for cake-like brownie
    2 teaspoons cornstarch
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    2/3 cup fat-free vanilla yogurt -- (6 oz. container of Dannon works best)
    nonstick cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°F.
    Mix all dry ingredients.
    Add yogur and mix well.
    Batter will be very thick.
    Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
    Spread batter evenly.
    Bake for 30-35 minutes.
    Remove and cool.
    Dip a knife in warm water and cut into 16 squares. Note: I use a mini muffin tin it's easier than cutting them and they store great in the freezer

Source:
    "recipezaar.com"
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 113 Calories; 1g Fat (4.4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; trace Cholesterol; 91mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.
    Be your own best friend every day.

Trying this recipe now but using the mini muffin tins and I forgot the egg whites
    lost 18.0 since December, its my journey