2 cups Boca crumbles 4
    1 can diced tomato 0
    1 cup crushed tomatoes 0
    1/4 cup ff half and half .5
    herbs de provence 0
    italian seasoning 0
    1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt 0
    1/2 teaspoon black pepper 0

Saute chopped onion, chopped carrot, crushed garlic in EVOO. When veggies are soft, add Boca crumbles (I started them straight out of the freezer) Add tomatoes and seasonings then add half and half. Let simmer together about 10 minutes. MMM. Good over whole wheat pasta or over spaghetti squash with a sprinkle of Parm. cheese or a dollop of ricotta.
    Chrystal
    HW:256.8/cw:244/GW:size 8-10- whatever that is

Default Re: "Boca-lazy" (vegetarian bolognese) sauce 2.5 pts

I'm going to try this. What are Boca crumbles? I have Boca burgers in my freezer, does that mean to just take them out and crumble them up? Or is it a different product?
    Tish
    Onward and Downward

Replies

Tish- They are in a different box, but I have just crumbled a couple burgers before when I have made things. works the same imo.

Thanks Chef, that's what I needed to know. I've never eaten them before, but I'm going to try this. What do they taste like? I've tried the MS Farms Stripples and like those a lot.
    Tish
    Onward and Downward

Replies

I love them! I have a burger on a thomas' light eng. muffin, sometimes with laughing cow cheese sometimes not, with the works... lettuce tomato, onion, pickles, mustard, and a little ketchup. It is my favorite woops I ate most of my points already dinner! That and some steamed veggies or a salad, and you are good to go! You can even eat two and not feel guilty!

As far as crumbling goes, they are a little soft, so you may want to scramble them around the frying pan for a couple of minutes before throwing them in the sauce.

as far as MS farms goes... have you tried any of their other stuff? I am curious about the chicken products, but I am afraid to try them. the portabello burgers are okay, but I like the boca better.

Thanks again! What a great idea, I'm going to try that! It sounds delish!

No, I haven't tried any of the other Farm products, I found the stripples and haven't had the courage to go any further. If you try them, let me know. If they're as good as the stripples I'll be using more of them. I am considering replacing a lot (not all) of my meat with meat replacements like this, because of the current beef recall. I live not too far from the slaughterhouse where all this happened and it's been very upsetting.
    Tish
    Onward and Downward

Replies

funny you mention the recall. The kids brought home a letter from school today saying that they probably consumed the recalled meat, but they probably wont die. (Maybe glow in the dark??) Sorry for getting OT!!! we are supposed to be talking bolognese! I personally would add a splish splash of wine to this. Most bolognese sauces have it.

All the way out in PA? I didn't know it was shipped so far. I'm in So Cal, about 1 hr. from the meat plant it came from. But this is why I was asking, I'm tired of hearing about recalled beef and am thinking it's time to cut way back on the amount of meat I eat. At any rate, I am going to try this. I checked my store at lunch time, didn't see the crumbles, so I'll use the burgers I have and will follow your saute suggestion when I crumble them.
    Tish
    Onward and Downward