Thread: Plump, juicy, fresh, boneless chicken breasts

1. Default Plump, juicy, fresh, boneless chicken breasts

What is your favorite thing to do with a lb of plump, juicy, boneless chicken breasts. It can be as easy as poaching and eating it in salad w/ff honey mustard dressing, or, stir fry w/mushrooms and onions and serving over brown rice but....I'm curious what your favorite, favorite thing to do if you opened the frig right now and saw this fresh lb of chicken calling out to you.....please share your recipes!!

Replies

Default Re: Plump, juicy, fresh, boneless chicken breasts

Hands DOWN chicken with mushrooms.... I saute a little shallot, some garlic, mushrooms in EVOO, (my fav are morels but they're 'spensive!! so I use baby bellas) add a little flour a little french onion soup mix and a splash of sherry and a little water. I simmer the chicken in this mix until it gets really reduced and add lf sourcream right at the end. OMG it is soooooo good. I sop up the sauce with no yolk egg noodles or if I have the points a little bread. Its almost like a stroganoff with chicken and without the dijon.

I also love jerk chicken, soups, chili... what can't chicken do?!
    Chrystal
    HW:256.8/cw:244/GW:size 8-10- whatever that is

3. Default Re: Plump, juicy, fresh, boneless chicken breasts

Sounds awesome! Thanks for the reply!!!

My quick and easy way to do chicken breasts is just put them in a baking dish sprayed with Pam, sprinkle Mrs. Dash over them, cover with foil and bake at 350 for about 45 min or until done. Nothing fancy involved here, but they are juicy and tasty and most importantly, EASY!
    Elaine
    SW: 142 (10/31/06)
    CW: 130 (1/29/10)
    GW: 125

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/elainepaulsen

I like pounding out chicken breasts to make them flatter, marinating in ff Italian dressing for a couple of hours, and then stuffing with reduced fat herbed feta cheese and baking under a sheet of foil. This is great sliced up the next day on sandwiches, salads, or over pasta.
    SW: 155
    CW: 154.7
    GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

sarahbeara- That sounds awesome! I'll have to try it!This is a great thread! I'm boring I like mine broiled with some salt, pepper a little light BBQ sauce.
    Amanda

ds 03/25/10
    dd 10/12/06
    ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

7. Default Re: Plump, juicy, fresh, boneless chicken breasts

This is why I started this thread! I think we all get stuck in a 'rut' of the same ole boring recipe's...if it's fast, easy and delicious, there's a better chance I'll make it and stay on program! Thanks for all your replies!

My newest way that I think is great is to spray with olive oil and either sprinkle with rosemary or italian seasoning. Very flavorful. Keep the ideas coming.
    ~*~Kambi~*~
    SW 240 (3/16/11)
    CW 237.5 (3/18/11)
    I think I can, I think I can

Talking Re: Plump, juicy, fresh, boneless chicken breasts

I have been brining the chicken breasts for a really moist, juicy, flavorful dinner. You can use fancy brines, but I just use a mixture of water, salt and sugar( I might throw in a clove of garlic, if I have it). I am told it does not add salt or sugar content to the chicken it just makes it tender.

I put the chicken breast, and brine in a ziploc in the fridge for a few hours then grill with a few seasonings like I would normally do.
    Works great for us.

Replies

Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Sweet and Spicy Sauce

You can serve these casual wraps buffet style. Arrange the lettuce leaves on a large platter, spoon the chicken salad in a bowl, and place the sauce in a small bowl on the side. Let people assemble their own wraps since this is one less step for the cook.

3 tablespoons unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
    3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
    2 tablespoons cider vinegar
    2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
    1 teaspoon bottled ground fresh ginger (such as Spice World)
    1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
    1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
    1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
    2 cups packaged cabbage-and-carrot coleslaw
    1 cup canned sliced water chestnuts, drained
    8 ounces grilled chicken breast strips (such as Louis Rich)
    12 Bibb lettuce leaves

Place peanuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook 3 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking pan frequently. Remove pan from heat; set aside.
    Combine hoisin, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, oil, pepper, and garlic in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk.

Combine peanuts, coleslaw, water chestnuts, and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well.

Spoon about 1/3 cup chicken salad in the center of each lettuce leaf; top each with 2 teaspoons sauce. Roll up; secure with a wooden pick.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 wraps)

CALORIES 197 (34% from fat); FAT 7.4g (sat 1.4g,mono 2.9g,poly 2.1g); PROTEIN 16.5g; CHOLESTEROL 37mg; CALCIUM 40mg; SODIUM 825mg; FIBER 3.4g; IRON 1.9mg; CARBOHYDRATE 18.2g

Cooking Light, JUNE 2006

WW points: 4
    marge
    there s a dance in the old dame yet toujours gai toujours gai

SW: 206
    CW: 162.5
    40# 2/5
    HW: 146

Replies

Just the title of these alone made my stomach growl, Marge! thank you for a great idea!

This is my all-time favorite thing to make with chicken breasts. It sounds a bit complicated, but trust me, it's not hard and it is beautiful as well as delicious!! It would be a wonderful dish to serve to company because it looks so pretty! I think it would also be great with a side of spaghetti and spaghetti sauce over the top.

ginnyb

Chicken Breasts Florentine

4 (6 oz. each) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
    1 (10 oz.) box frozen chopped spinach
    Thawed and squeezed dry, cut with scissors
    1 C. fat-free ricotta cheese
    C. Parmesan cheese
    tsp. garlic powder
    tsp. onion powder
    Salt and pepper to taste
    C. egg substitute
    C. seasoned bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 375 F. Spray 8X8 pan with nonstick spray.
    One at a time, place chicken breasts on flat surface, cover with plastic wrap (I put mine in a large zip lock bag) and pound gently until about " thick (I use my rolling pin).

In medium bowl, combine spinach, ricotta and Parmesan cheeses, garlic and onion powder, salt & pepper. Place an equal amount of filling on each chicken breast and roll up. Dip/roll each breast in egg substitute and then in bread crumbs. Place in prepared baking pan, seam side down. Bake 35-40 min.

4 servings 5 points each
    "The only one who can stop me is me---and I can take her!"

ginnyb (aka loves2cook!) "It's not the falling down, it's the staying down!!"