Thread: A few point program questions....

Default A few point program questions....

Hi everyone, I just had a few questions about some things I wasnt sure on.

1.) If you go over your points one day and under the next does it "even out" Yesterday I realized I forgot to add my mayonaise and cheese in so it put me over in points. (I still have my flex points but I like to forget their there so I am not tempted to use them) If I stick to 1 or 2pt foods/snacks today I can probably finish the day with only 15 or so. So would it "balance out" or is that not how it works? :P

2.) Yesterday after lunch I drank this flavored drink and got sick (blech horrible tasting) but anywho - if that happens and you get sick - do you still count the points of the stuff you just ate?? I know what a silly question!

Actually I think those were the only two I had Thanks everyone!
    ~Jacqui~
    SW 293 / CW 293 / GW 160

10% Goal - 263.7 - 29.3lbs to Go!

2. Default Re: A few point program questions....

I find that this happens to me as well...at the end of the day when I have consumed all my points I remember something that I did not write down.
    I do not compensate for that the next day by eating less. Since I do not use my full 35 extra points I figure anything that I may have counted incorrectly or forgotten will be absorbed in those points. As long as you are eating healthy according to WW guidelines (dairy, oils, water etc) you will have no problems.

As far as your second question it has not happened to me however I would still count the points regardless (just my opinion)

Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Replies

Default Re: A few point program questions....

Quote Originally Posted by jmrothermel
    Hi everyone, I just had a few questions about some things I wasnt sure on.

1.) If you go over your points one day and under the next does it "even out" Yesterday I realized I forgot to add my mayonaise and cheese in so it put me over in points. (I still have my flex points but I like to forget their there so I am not tempted to use them) If I stick to 1 or 2pt foods/snacks today I can probably finish the day with only 15 or so. So would it "balance out" or is that not how it works? :P
    A) Never go below your Target Points, no matter how bad yesterday was. Today is a new day and you get new Target Points.

B) You should use your Flex Points to cover what you forgot to count yesterday. They are in the Program to be used. Even if you don't normally use them, covering errors is one way to use them. Don't try to take the Points from another day. Also the best thing is to journal them and count them, not just figure it'll all work out. That way you know where you stand.

2.) Yesterday after lunch I drank this flavored drink and got sick (blech horrible tasting) but anywho - if that happens and you get sick - do you still count the points of the stuff you just ate?? I know what a silly question!
    When you are sick, what you can't keep down doesn't count against your Points. Stay hydrated, that is very important!

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by nancyny; 12-20-2007 at 12:09 PM.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Nancy - yes that helped alot. I do journal my points and so I can figure out where I stand. I will use my flex points to cover yesterday then. I try not to use them so I dont get the mentality "Oh I have flex points that will cover this snack!" But in these cases I know its ok to use them.

Thank you!
    ~Jacqui~
    SW 293 / CW 293 / GW 160

10% Goal - 263.7 - 29.3lbs to Go!

Nancy - yes that helped alot. I do journal my points and so I can figure out where I stand. I will use my flex points to cover yesterday then. I try not to use them so I dont get the mentality "Oh I have flex points that will cover this snack!" But in these cases I know its ok to use them.

Thank you!
    There really isn't anything wrong with using your flex points for snacks, so long as you keep track of them. The flex points are there for a reason. WW isn't about deprivation. The only thing you don't want to do is blow your daily target points on junk food.
    189.8 /140/140 /pg135
    Maintaining since 5/18/06