Thread: 1 pt. string cheeses?

Replies

Default 1 pt. string cheeses?

hi there BCBers. I am a big fan of string cheese. I mean... if I don't consume at least two sticks of cheesy goodness a day I go through withdrawal. Unfortunately I am particular about the type of string cheese I will eat. I am loving the Kraft String-Ums made with 2% milk... however, they're 2 points a piece and that adds up quick when you're a string cheese maven like I am. Does anyone have any brand recommendations for 1 point cheese sticks that DON'T taste like some rubberized version of what should be delicious mozzarella? I know they're out there but I'm having a hard time finding them! I might just bring my PointsFinder to the supermarket with me and stand in the aisle calculating points for each variety they sell... but this just seemed easier!

Replies

Smile Re: 1 pt. string cheeses?

The "light" string cheeses are more likely going to be 1-pt.

I do think they might be rubber-ier than the 2-pt. version.

I remember liking Frigo Light (light blue on the package).

Some are too salty, and I think Frigo wasn't.

Also, you'll get used to the new texture. Or you can continue to pay the 2-pt. Do give several kinds a try to see if you have a favorite.

You also might prefer them warm, or cold. See what that does to the taste/texture.
    May you be happy. May you be well. May you be free from suffering.

Check out my website! Plant-Powered.com

Replies

Default Re: 1 pt. string cheeses?

thanks! I'll look for Frigo at the supermarket.. I suppose I can buy several small bags (I think they come in packs of 12 usually?) and see what I like! I do like them at room temperature rather than cold from the fridge.

TryingWW Guest

Cabot makes a light extra sharp "slice" individually wrapped. I think they round down to 1 point (it was pretty close to 1.5pts). But the sharpness of the cheese satisfied my craving for cheese. I've recently switched my "fix" to full fat goat cheese. I've slowly become more fond of the tangier (sp?) and stronger flavored full fat cheeses. 1 oz a day does it for me and that is usually 2 points.

Replies

My favorite is Trader Joe's light string cheese. But I like it because it tastes the most like the best string cheese ever from the Kalona cheese factory (and not like mozarella, which is definitely not string cheese). If you actually want your string cheese to taste like mozarella, you'll probably like the Frio brand better.
    Nikki
    SW: 183 (1/8/06)
    CW:145
    WWGW: 146 (MADE IT! 9/5/07 LIFETIME 10/17/07)
    next minigoal: Get back into the 130s