Thread: is zero always zero?

Replies

Default is zero always zero?

hi there BCBers... I am relatively new to WW and doing it from home and don't have a leader to ask, but was curious- If I'm eating raw veggies with a point value of 0, does it remain 0 even if I eat more than the WW serving size? For example, if I had 2 cups of baby carrots instead of 1, would I count them as 1 point, or would it still be zero? I've been eating a LOT of vegetables and I want to make sure I'm not going over my Daily Points by not counting them correctly...

any help would be great!

Replies

Default Re: is zero always zero?

You'll probably hear different opinions. Mine is, zero point veggies are always zero, no matter how many you eat. Other zero point foods do add up (a perfect example is the Progresso Lite soups), so if you have more than one serving you need to re-calculate the points using the calories, fat and fiber for multiple servings.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

thanks! I think I agree with you that 0-pt veggies should stay zero, anything else doesn't really make sense to me. And good to know about the Progresso soup- that stuff is yummy! I'll make sure if I polish off a whole can to recalculate the points for it.

http://www.weightwatchers.com/util/a...1&art_id=40701

That's a link to a good WW Article on zero points foods.

Amanda
    Amanda

ds 03/25/10
    dd 10/12/06
    ds 09/19/00

232/150/138

Replies

I know this post is a week later, but some wisdom from my leader when I was still going to meetings: you don't get fat from eating carrot sticks I definitely don't count my veggies as long as they are 0 point.
    Chrystal
    HW:256.8/cw:244/GW:size 8-10- whatever that is

Replies

thanks guys! that article was really informative. Sometimes I feel like counting things as zero is cheating, hahah...

7. Default Re: is zero always zero?

I lost 30 pounds on WW and I never, ever counted veggies. I figured I didn't get heavy by eating too many veggies.
    Starting Weight = 174
    Current Weight = 174
    Goal Weight = 119