Thread: Red Robin

Replies

Default Red Robin

Does anyone know where I can find nutritional info for Red Robin? Thanks!
    Victoria

---------------------------------------------------------------
    173.2 lbs(10/14/2007)/169.6/140
    10& Goal: 157 (Make it by Christmas!)

Default Re: Red Robin

Best you can do is dwlz.com. It's sometimes a little off, but it's the only place I've seen pts for Red Robin.

Replies

Red Robin doesn't provide ni even upon request. So anything you find out there, including dwlz.com, will be an estimate at best. I've also heard that the stuff on dwlz.com hasn't been updated for Red Robin for quite awhile and there are menu items missing.

If a restaurant doesnít provide the nutritional information on their website you have a couple of options. One is to look for similar items at a restaurant that does provide ni. Another is to break the menu item down by its individual components and look those up. If you donít have access to the WWer materials, or canít find the information there, a good site for this is http://www.calorieking.com. You may not get the exact point information, but it will get you close.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

Thanks so much! It really makes me angry when restaraunts don't post their ni. I thought as consumers it was our legal right to know. Makes you wonder why they don't. Again, THANKS!
    Victoria

---------------------------------------------------------------
    173.2 lbs(10/14/2007)/169.6/140
    10& Goal: 157 (Make it by Christmas!)

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by veggiemite
    Thanks so much! It really makes me angry when restaraunts don't post their ni. I thought as consumers it was our legal right to know. Makes you wonder why they don't. Again, THANKS!
    Nope, it's not our legal right. Some restaurants probably don't provide it because they don't have to, some because it would be almost impossible for them to do so. Sometimes ingredients change, or even if the ingredients are the same the suppliers (and therefore the ni) change.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

Restaurants provide NI only if they think it's in their best interest business-wise, which means they are responding to consumer demand or the competition or they want to promote themselves as "healthy" (or "healthier than the competition"). Often a restaurant will provide NI only for a subset of their menu that is lower fat or lower calories, or they will post only the NI they consider interesting (like for a while Ruby Tuesdays would post "net carbs" for some items, but not the fat content or calories). Applebees posts NI and Points for its licensed WW items but not for all of the menu. Etc., etc.
    Most of the fast-food chains now provide NI because a) it deflects the bad rep. they have, b) their competition posts theirs. Most (but not all) now have a variety of choices.

Many restaurants have the attitude that "eating out is a break from dieting" and they have no interest in providing NI. Those of us who find it important to learn to eat out AND stick to their weight management programs are a teeny tiny minority whose voice is usually pretty much ignored.

One resource Luanne didn't mention is the WW materials such as the week 1 book and the Complete Food Companion. You can look up similar items in there. Those books contain broad averages of the Points for many foods, but if it's the best information you can find, you can use it.
    Last edited by nancyny; 11-08-2007 at 05:07 PM.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by nancyny
    One resource Luanne didn't mention is the WW materials such as the week 1 book and the Complete Food Companion. You can look up similar items in there. Those books contain broad averages of the Points for many foods, but if it's the best information you can find, you can use it.
    Well, very indirectly I did. I said "if you can't find the information in your WWer materials"............but I didn't go into any detail about what they were. Thanks for the reminder.

Also, Applebee's provides POINTS because they have a specific contract with WWers. They are actually in partnership with WWers on this and are the only restauarant chain who can legally provide this information.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

Replies

Sorry Luanne. I went back and read your post, then went to edit mine, and my browser froze up. BCB has a mixture of WW members and people following WW without joining, so you never know who has what.

I have an old CFC but it still works.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie