Thread: Very bad!!!

Angry Very bad!!!

I went to dinner and for the first time in about 2 months I really screwed up. I went to a seafood place and had the fried seafood. About 8 sea scallops and four large shrimp! They were very good-but now I have to figure out the damage. Anybody give me guesstamation of the points used? I am at a loss, I know that both scallops and shrimp are both 1 point for 1/2 cup/2 oz when they are not fried. They were not dripping in oil-but still with breading....

Default Re: Very bad!!!

Hmmmmm... Rough guestimate here:

Calorie King has the following NI
    http://www.calorieking.com/foods/cal...gc2hyaW1w.html
    Side serving of 4 fried shrimp 276 - 12 - 1 = 6.5 Points.
    A WW food list had 10 medium fried shrimp for 8 points.

A recipe i found that would be 5 ounces of fried scallops (don't know if that would equate to your 4 large sea scallops) 380-14-0 = 8.8 points
    On a WW food list 3 ounces of fried scallops = 7 points.

Best case scenario may be 13.5 points - and worse case 17? I'll look forward to see if others have different NI.
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

Smile Re: Very bad!!!

Thank you. I did some calculation after what you stated and I think you were pretty much on the money! I was on my high piont day-so I did actually manage to stay within my points! Shew!!!

Replies

Default Re: Very bad!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patartsy
    I went to dinner and for the first time in about 2 months I really screwed up. I went to a seafood place and had the fried seafood. About 8 sea scallops and four large shrimp! They were very good-but now I have to figure out the damage. Anybody give me guesstamation of the points used? I am at a loss, I know that both scallops and shrimp are both 1 point for 1/2 cup/2 oz when they are not fried. They were not dripping in oil-but still with breading....
    See.. you stayed within your points!!! The only screwup was not looking up the points before you went!!! I always research the type of restaurant (seafood, italian, fast food) before I go. .that way I can make some decisions based on point values before I get there. Glad you were within your points.. next time.. look FIRST not after!!
    Jackie ~SW: 160/CW:155/GW: 130