Thread: Caramel Apple Points

Default Caramel Apple Points

Each year my DD and I go the our local Pumkin Patch to get a pumpkin and one of their "to die for" homemade caramel apples. These are the best caramel apples and they are made with a large apple. This special outing is something I am not willing to give up. I will get one without nuts to shave a few calories, but I will have a caramel apple.

Anyone want to take a stab at how many points I should count this as??? I know I will have to dip into the flex points, but that's ok, I don't use them real often.

Thanks!
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Default Re: Caramel Apple Points

A WW food list i have lists out Caramel apple - 9 points; the candied apple is listed as 10.
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

Thats a lot of points. Come home and have the caramel apple salad recipe from these forums It is yummy!

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/forum...=caramel+apple
    Karen
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by Little Chubber
    Each year my DD and I go the our local Pumkin Patch to get a pumpkin and one of their "to die for" homemade caramel apples. These are the best caramel apples and they are made with a large apple. This special outing is something I am not willing to give up. I will get one without nuts to shave a few calories, but I will have a caramel apple.

Anyone want to take a stab at how many points I should count this as??? I know I will have to dip into the flex points, but that's ok, I don't use them real often.

Thanks!
    I just had this problem yesterday. We have this place here called the Elegant Farmer and they have these huge Carmel Apples and we had some sent to us as a gift. My coworkers here made me come upstairs and see them first of all and then bring them down to the break room. They all know I am on WW. So today they are sitting there and I was just complaining about them but I have not touched them. I was saying I am going home to make the carmel apple salad because regular ones without the nutts are 9 points.

Nadine
    BW 214
    SW 197
    CW 200.4 on my way back down
    GW 150

Its not a diet it's a lifestyle........

Quote Originally Posted by 140karen
    Thats a lot of points. Come home and have the caramel apple salad recipe from these forums It is yummy!
    If she has the points and wants to use them on a REAL caramel apple then she should! Everyone has their WPA's for that reason and to use them as they need. I say savor and enjoy the apple and the time spent with your DD.

I've tried the caramel apple salad, and personally don't think it tastes ANYTHING like the real deal!
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Sorry Lisa! Where have you been? 9 points is half of my daily points, so I would have to think twice. Of course if she has the points go for it.
    Karen
    Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why can!

TryingWW Guest

I'm with Lisa. If it is a rare treat, get it. Numerous times I've found myself substituting items because they are lower in points but it just isn't the same and I end up eating more points trying to satisfy the craving (for lack of a better word) than if I had just eaten the (in this case) caramel apple in the first place. Clearly, this is a once a year thing. She isn't asking about doing it every week.

I only get 19 points a day and I sure would think it over before eating it but if you have the points and that is how you choose to use them then so be it. After all that is what they are constantly saying in the meetings "there are no forbidden foods." It also sounds like she doesn't normally eat her FPs. My guess is that when she tries the apple she will only end up eating half anyway because it is too sweet and a much larger portion than she would normally have. Enjoy chubber!!!

Thanks for your input. I don't very often even use my flex points. And it's an annual outting with DD and I won't give that up. So, it looks like I am going to have a 9 point apple.
    Dee, you may very well be right, I may not even be able to eat the whole thing.
    We may go tomorrow, I'll get in my run in so that will help burn up some of those added calories.

Thanks!
    Trudie
    HW: 195.6/SW: 195.6
    CW: 137.5 PGW: 138 WWGW: 155

Replies

Couldn't you share one with your daughter and half the points. Every bite tastes the same. 9 points - I'd be starving the rest of the day. Nothing is worth that. Since I gave up stuff like this, it doesn't even taste good anymore.
    Susan<br /><br />356/155/166

Success comes in cans; failure comes in can'ts.

Replies

It would be 9 points, but it wouldn't be from her daily points allowance, it would be from the weekly flex points.

So even though, yes, for some it is half your points allowance, it's less than 2 days worth of flex points. It means for 2 days she needs to eat at her target instead of taking from the WPA.

The WPA is there to be used. If you weren't supposed to use those points, WW would not give them to you.

Eat the whole thing and enjoy.