Thread: low point wraps/tortillas?

1. Default low point wraps/tortillas?

I've seen a lot of posts that mention different types of wraps/tortillas to make sandwiches with. What are the ones that you guys would recommend and which ones are the lowest points? Thanks so much!

Default Re: low point wraps/tortillas?

The lowest point ones I've found in my area (Minot, ND) are Mission brand tortillas Carb Balance. Soft Taco size is 110 cals, 11g fiber and 2.5g fat. That's 2 pts as I calculate. They are alittle thinner than the othe mission tortillas, but it doesn't bother me, and they don't taste any diffrent to me. My hubs is the pickiest eater EVER and he likes them!
    Mel
    DD Alexis born 11/04!
    DS Aiden born 12/06!

La Tortilla Factory makes a whole wheat tortilla. They are a bit larger than the Mission ones but are low fat and loaded with fiber. They also make a white flour tortilla that's high in fiber. Both are one point each. I prefer those but also like the Mission Carb Balance kind too.
    Anne

starbrite Guest

there are ww wraps you can get at almost all grocery stores, even in canada. they are 1 point each if i'm not mistaken. they are smaller than the large store ones, they are about the size of a medium dinner plate.
    unfortunately they only come in one flavor.

i strongly urge you to get low point wraps. i remember buying 4 point wraps before without realizing there was better out there, a simple veggie wrap for lunch would cost me 5 points (4 for wrap , 1 for cheese). now i know better, and can make 2 wraps in that amount of points!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Mission and La Tortilla make a 98% FF tortilla that is ZERO points.

Take your WW points calculator to the tortillas and figure it out. 2 tortillas would still be 2 points, but um.. 1 for 0?! That means I can stuff some extra cheese or chicken in that thing! ha!
    Trish HW: 190 SW: 170 CW: 164.2 GW: 135ish

There's also a brand called Flat-Out that are really good and HUGE! Buy the light/low-carb version and they're only 1 point.

http://www.flatoutbread.com/movie.html
    Lisa
    ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~
    "How many times must you fall and then get back up before reaching the goal? Do it as many times as it takes." CW

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyLady
    2 tortillas would still be 2 points, but um.. 1 for 0?! That means I can stuff some extra cheese or chicken in that thing! ha!
    We think alike! Haha! I'll have to look for the FF Mission one, I haven't seen it. The commissary out here doesn't stock too many brands or variations within a brand, so it can be tough. But I'll keep a lookout! Thanks!
    Mel
    DD Alexis born 11/04!
    DS Aiden born 12/06!

Quote Originally Posted by Duchess Talks Too Much
    There's also a brand called Flat-Out that are really good and HUGE! Buy the light/low-carb version and they're only 1 point.

http://www.flatoutbread.com/movie.html
    I just went to their website. No stores in ND! Oh well, I might have to order them online.
    Mel
    DD Alexis born 11/04!
    DS Aiden born 12/06!

Replies
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Drayoki
    We think alike! Haha! I'll have to look for the FF Mission one, I haven't seen it. The commissary out here doesn't stock too many brands or variations within a brand, so it can be tough. But I'll keep a lookout! Thanks!
    I think they're EXTRA popular, because I have to really DIG to find them - either that or go to Wal-Mart on odd days. Some days I can find them and other times I can. It gets frustrating.

Replies

I love th eflat out too. for a change I also get Joseph's pita bread.. right next to th eflat out in the wal Mart Deli area. they are also 1 point

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyLady
    either that or go to Wal-Mart on odd days. Some days I can find them
    Make friends with the manager of the bread section of Walmart and/or find out when (day and time) the Mission Tortilla vendor delivers his product. Plan YOUR visit accordingly!
    Smoke free since 11/15/07

Replies
    Blog Entries

Good idea Leslie!

I'll hit up the bread guy or someone when I go next time!

13. Default Re: low point wraps/tortillas?

I was amazed to find that the low carb/low fat La Tortilla tortillas were 0 points for one. They have a ton of fiber and I actually thought they were good. I got a flavored one, I think it was onion and something, and it was quite tasty. Even DH liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetBunny
    I was amazed to find that the low carb/low fat La Tortilla tortillas were 0 points for one. They have a ton of fiber and I actually thought they were good. I got a flavored one, I think it was onion and something, and it was quite tasty. Even DH liked it.
    I didn't like La Tortilla too much, it tasted funny to me and it didn't bend and fold very easy. Maybe mine were just weird! But I'm glad they work for you! If I liked them I would deffinitly get them for 0 pts!
    Mel
    DD Alexis born 11/04!
    DS Aiden born 12/06!

Replies

I don't care for the la tortailla factory either... they taste like vitamins or something creepy to me. there is also one that I get at Sam's club and the name escaspes me now, but you get a huge stack of them for about $5 and they are high fiber, low fat, low carb. they keep really well inthe fridge.

16. Default Re: low point wraps/tortillas?

If you go the flatout wrap route, make sure you keep them in the fridge. I kept them on the counter, and they molded quickly.

I find that warming the healthy tortillas makes them more pliable. I finally broke down and bought a cast iron tortilla frying pan at the Hispanic market, and it's made a huge difference.

And while this isn't a wrap or tortilla, I just found some Thomas' 100 cal english muffins at Safeway that are 1pt/muffin. I've been making mini 'pizza's with the muffins and homemade tomato sauce, and boy are they good.

I buy La Banderita Fat Free Soft Taco tortillas which are 1 pt. each. They are a good size for tacos, fajitas, small quesadillias, etc. I find them in the spanish aisle in Shop Rite.