Thread: Feta and Spinach Dip - 1 point

Default Feta and Spinach Dip - 1 point

Looks good for football season! I may try and add some onion and re-run the NI with fat free feta to see how it comes out.

Feta and Spinach Dip

POINTS® value | 1
    Servings | 8
    Preparation Time | 12 min
    Cooking Time | 1 min
    Level of Difficulty | Easy

snacks | This creamy spinach-feta combo dresses up fresh vegetables or baked pita chips deliciously. Or use it as a tasty spread for sliced chicken wraps.

Ingredients

4 cup spinach, fresh, chopped (about 2 oz)
    1/2 cup light cream cheese
    1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
    1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
    1/4 cup chives, fresh, minced, divided
    2 tsp fresh lemon juice
    1/4 tsp black pepper
    1/4 tsp table salt, or less to taste (optional)

Instructions

1. Place spinach in a small saucepan with 2 cups of water. Cook over high heat for 1 minute; drain well.
    2. Place spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, feta cheese, 1 tablespoon of chives, lemon juice and pepper in a blender; puree. Taste dip and add salt if desired. Spoon dip into a serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon of chives. Yields about 3 tablespoons of dip per serving.
    Notes For a nice flavor boost, substitute sorrel or watercress for half the spinach and follow the recipe directions above.
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

Replies

Default Re: Feta and Spinach Dip - 1 point

I made a double batch of this, and it is great!!! I used a box of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed instead of the fresh and didn't cook it. I also added a clove of chopped garlic. I used it as a spread on my turkey burger on ww eng. muffin with some fresh tomato and lettuce... it was sooo good I almost ate another one, but opted for a 1 point pita spread with it and some more veggies. It made a terrific 2 point sandwich! (I have one for my luch today!!!)

a keeper for sure.

I made this with a little fresh garlic, no chives, a little less (regular) cream cheese and a little more of the sour cream. It was really tasty, even DB liked it and was surprised it was WW. Very tasty on crackers and sandwiches.
    Erin (Princess Dirty Bird)

I just made this for a engagement party tonight. I did what chefbna did, and doubled it and used the frozen chopped spinach. It tasted awesome, and not low-fat at all. I think the full-fat feta is what give it the zing and the creamy taste. I'm happy that now I have an appetizer that I can eat, and that's low point for tonight!
    ~Cassie

Achieved my second 10% on 11/29/07
    Working on my third 10% 266/256.6/240
    Progress pictures at myspace.com/cww1022

justme642 Guest

If you double the batch how much spinach do you use if using frozen. Same about, 4oz. ???It looks delish., Can't wait to try it.

Replies

A whole box for a double batch. I tried it w/ a whole box for just one batch. It was still very good, but really spinachy- so you couldn't dip it, you had to spread it.

Replies

This is SOOOOO GOOD!! I brought to a bachelorette party along with a WW 7 layer dip and they were both a hit - but the spin dip was GONE and everyone was asking for the recipe and couldnt believe it was WW!!
    Im making it again for Easter!
    Megan
    SW: 167 - 1/7 (post baby)
    CW: 151 - 11/19 - had to start over AGAIN!
    GW: 130

Five Pound Stars

This sounds yummy, I want to make it and put it in my turkey wrap ups. After the gym I normally have just turkey slices with a sliver of cheese wrapped in the middle, this sounds like a good change!
    Thanks!

sw-213.6/cw-213.6/gw-150
    Start Date 4-27-10

9. Thumbs up Re: Feta and Spinach Dip - 1 point

Okay, I made this as an appetizer for a dinner party I had. It was delish! The only thing I did was double the recipe, used a 1 lb bag of chopped spinach and used Fat Free Feta. Everyone scarffed it down The gal who ate it the most does WW after her pregnancies and she was blown away that it was WW. My hubby and I decided this one is a keeper.
    Stay on target! Stay on target! (Star Wars)

This is SOOOOO good!! I used the frozen spinach too - it was very easy to make. I put in on a burger last night and it was fabulous! I can't wait until I have a party to go to so I can take this!
    ~Amy~

Quit Smoking: 10/1/12 ~ For the last time!!

I made this again and used it in a different way. I made a serving of pasta, cut up cucumber, tomato, red onion and 1oz of chicken and mixed it all together with a serving of the dip. YUM YUM YUM. And it's only 5 points.
    ~Amy~

Quit Smoking: 10/1/12 ~ For the last time!!

I just ran this through WW recipe data base. It is now 2 PP for the serving.

If you use 3 oz of FF feta instead of the 1/4 cup of regular feta is is 1 PP!!
    Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.

Barb A

Replies

This sound so yummy. I have to try this!
    SW: 239.0 (12.30.10) CW: 233.6 (01.05.12) GW: 150
    Loss: 5.4 lbs thus far

This looks good. I have all the ingredients in the house and will try this next week.
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

STGoal #1: 200 lbs

Losses to date: 8.3 lbs

Cool Re: Feta and Spinach Dip - 1 point

Great recipe !!!! (Even better with a little hot sauce, on individual servings)

Karen
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!

Cool Re: Feta and Spinach Dip - 1 point

Can't stop making this recipe !!!

This is great using a small serving to toss into some hot cooked pasta with some sauteed shrimp. A quick, tasty dinner !!!

Thanks Again for posting this recipe
    HERE WE GO AGAIN !!