Thread: Eggplant Recipes

Exclamation Eggplant Recipes

Hi Eveyrone and I'm sure this question has been asked before, BUT, i'm new to eggplant, and need to cook some that i got out of my garden, before it goes bad, I am looking for anyone that knows an EASY WW eggplant recipes, my DF and i are both workking, so it needs to be something with out a hundred ingredients... if anyone could help, that'd be awesome.

Rachel

starbrite Guest

Default Re: Eggplant Recipes

hi...
    my mom normally takes the eggplant, puts it in about 1 teaspoon of oil, and some potatoes, and cooks it for a while. throws in some turmeric, tbsp of tomato sauce, and salt/pepper.

it normally is very soft. and we eat it with chapatis (flour based pitas/breads). look up eggplant recipes on an indian site, you will find many

oh-i went to this restaurnat and had the most amazing, eggplant parmesean. it was to die for. im drooling now. i dont know where the recipe is, i will try andlook it up. just google eggplant parmesean recipe. im sure if you use ff cheese, and sauce, you can make it core!

i think youjust have to bake the eggplant for a while. and tust me you can not tell it is eggplant. i gave it to my boyfriend who refuses anythng that has vegetables in it without any meat. i just told him it was all meat and cheese. he ate it, ate 3 servings, and later i told him it was eggplant-he was shocked.

1. Eggplant parmesan or lasagna - just slice and layer with marinara sauce and/or cottage cheese/ricotta. Stick in oven at 350 for 30 min - top with cheese and stick it back in for 20 min

2. Mix together tomatoes, garlic, italian seasoning and balsamic vinegar. Spoon on top of sliced eggplant rounds and stick in broiler (sorry, don't remember how long). The combo of tomatoes/balsamic is divine and this makes the best eggplant sandwiches.
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

Replies

This is the first meatless meatball I have found that stayed together:
    Eggplant Meatballs

Serves 6 = WW points: 3.3

large eggplant

beaten eggs

1/2

cup parmesan cheese or romano cheese

teaspoon mixed Italian herbs

teaspoon garlic powder

teaspoon onion powder

black pepper, to taste

Teaspoon fennel seeds

cup breadcrumbs

1. Slice eggplant and sprinkle with salt.
    2. Let sit 10 minutes to draw out water.
    3. Rinse and pat dry.
    4. Saute on stovetop with a splash of olive oil (4 tsp) and about 1/4 cup water until eggplant is soft.
    5. Remove and chop finely.
    6. Mix everything but the breadcrumbs when eggplant is cool.
    7. Then add breadcrumbs and mix until you get the consistency you want to form the balls.
    8. Spray cookie sheet with lip with olive oil Pam. Place “meatballs” about l inch apart. Spray tops with more Pam and bake at 400 degrees until golden brown, about 40 60 minutes.
    9. Turn halfway through baking to ensure even browning.
    Sorry for the crazy printout
    marge
    there s a dance in the old dame yet toujours gai toujours gai

SW: 206
    CW: 162.5
    40# 2/5
    HW: 146

Replies

a new twist on "canneloni", you are substituting the pasta for eggplant -

To make it quicker, you could have the filling mixture ready in the fridge and you could use a jar of tomatoe pasta sauce instead of making your own -

serves 4
    points value - 2

2 whole eggplant, trimmed, sliced lengthwise into 4
    1 tsp olive oil
    3 clove garlic, sliced
    800 g canned tomatoes, chopped
    2 tbs fresh basil, torn
    1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
    1 whole zucchini, finely diced
    150 g low-fat ricotta cheese
    1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
    2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
    3 tbs grated parmesan cheese, chopped
    1 whole whole egg, lightly beaten
    • Preheat the oven to 230C. Spray a baking tray with oil and set aside.
    • Lay the eggplant in a single layer on the prepared baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes, turning once or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside. To make the filling, spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over medium-high heat. Add the onion and zucchini and cook for 5 minutes, or until the onion starts to soften. Add 1 clove garlic and cook for a further minute. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside to cool. Meanwhile combine the ricotta, parsley, basil and 2 tablespoons parmesan in a seperate bowl. Stir to combine. Add the cooled onion mixture to the ricotta mixture, then add the egg and season well with salt and pepper.
    • To make the sauce, place the oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic and saute for 2 minutes, or until light brown. Add crushed tomatoes and stir to combine then reduce the heat to low. Add the basil and season well with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes then remove from the heat and set aside.
    • To make the eggplant rolls, reduce the oven temperature to 210C. Spoon 3 tablespoons of tomato sauce into the base of a 20cm square ceramic baking dish. On a clean chopping board place a slice of eggplant. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the ricotta filling at the narrow end and roll up. Place in the prepared baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices. Arrange rolls in a single layer in the dish. Spoon over the remaining 1/2 cup tomato sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese has melted.
    Notes

• These can be made a day ahead of time and stored in an airtight continer in the fridge. They are best reheated in a moderate oven for 15-20 minutes, however if you are short on time, reheat them in the microvave.
    Joined WW: 29/03/2007
    Made WW goal: 02/08/2007

SW: 161
    LW: 129
    CW: 129.25
    WWGW: 133
    PGW: 126