Thread: Fried Rice Recipe???

Default Fried Rice Recipe???

Does anyone have a WW Fried rice Recipe?
    **Caroline
    SW: 175
    CW: 147
    GW: 130

2. Default Re: Fried Rice Recipe???

I've made it using rice, the traditional way, but I've also made it using grated cauliflower to be a little lower in points. It works great if you have a food processor. Just run the cauliflower over the medium shredder and you get "cauliflower rice". I steam in the microwave for a few minutes until it starts to soften a bit. (I make spanish cauli-rice this way too - very good).

Then, use Pam in a skillet (or some olive oil and count the points) and saute some chopped ginger root, green onions, and a little bit of garlic. Toss in the cauliflower or rice, and add some soy sauce and red pepper flakes. I usually don't bother putting in the egg.

You can add meat of any type if you don't want it veggie style. Mmmm, you're making me want fried rice! I'll have to go to the store tomorrow!
    HW: 334
    SW: 328 1/12/09
    CW: 328 1/12/09
    GW: 165

Less of Me Today Guest

Default Re: Fried Rice Recipe???

I think I found this on the CORE board so I don't know points but I have tried it and it is VERY good!

Chicken Fried Rice

I got the chicken fried rice recipe off the WW Website and tried it for dinner tonight....it was FANTASTIC!!! I thought I was gonna be disgusted cause of the brown rice, but I didn’t even taste a difference. Give it a try!!

2 sprays cooking spray
    4 large egg white(s)
    1/2 cup scallion(s), chopped, green and white parts
    2 medium garlic clove(s), minced
    12 oz uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
    1/2 cup carrot(s), diced
    2 cup cooked brown rice, regular or instant, kept hot
    1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed
    3 Tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce

Instructions

1. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and set pan over medium-high heat. Add egg whites and cook, until scrambled, stirring frequently, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
    2. Offheat, recoat skillet with cooking spray and place back over medium-high heat. Add scallions and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Add chicken and carrots; sauté until chicken is golden brown and cooked through, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes.
    3. Stir in reserved egg whites, cooked brown rice, peas and soy sauce; cook until heated through, about 1 minute. Yields about 1 cup per serving.

Replies

I make a recipe very similar to the WW one. First, have day-old brown rice ready. Then, I cook about half a package of frozen mixed veggies (canned would work too) and set aside. Then, fry an egg, omelette-style or scrambled, in a nonstick pan - can use Pam spray, but I think the best taste is by using about a tsp of sesame oil. (If you want to make this Core, you can use olive or canola oil instead.) Cut up the egg into little pieces, then add the rice and stir-fry (really just pushing it around to get it warmed up), and sprinkle with soy sauce - a TBSP or 2 is more than enough, but add as much as you like for the flavor you like. At the end, add the cooked mixed veggies.

I actually made some this morning and brought it for lunch. Even my occasionally-picky 2-year-old loves this recipe - he told me "Mommy, you're a good cook" when I made it this weekend.

It's also versatile enough to add meat (cooked chicken, beef, anything really).

Replies

Oh, do I love fried rice! I use toasted sesame oil, scambled egg beaters, soy sauce, ground ginger, frozen peas, shredded cabbage with carrots, and brown rice.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

EnchantedOne Guest

CuLaterhow do you make the spanish cauli-rice, it sounds wonderfull.
    spanish rice is my fav and so is cauliflower i was hoping you would share with me.

thanks

Fried bulgur is excellent, too!
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

8. Default Re: Fried Rice Recipe???

Enchanted One,

So sorry! I'm one of those annoying people that doesn't always use a "recipe". You could try following a traditional recipe for spanish rice and just swap in the riced cauliflower. I was playing around in the kitchen and came up with this once - I really should write things down. These are my guesstimates:

To one head of cauliflower rice (already steamed in the microwave).

Saute in non-stick skillet w/Pam or 1 tsp of olive oil, about 3-4 green onions (more if you like onions) and one tsp of minced garlic. Add cauliflower, one can (I think they’re 14-15oz?) of diced tomatoes, 1 can of diced green chiles (4 oz), about 2 tsp. chili powder and 1 tsp. of paprika, a squeeze of fresh lemon (if you have it), salt, and fresh ground black pepper to taste. I love cilantro, so you can put that in at the very last when you’re sure it’s done to your liking. If you want more of a tomato flavor, you can add a little tomato sauce.

I’ve eaten this alone, or added a little bit of grilled chicken for protein. Sometimes black beans with a little cumin and chili powder on the side are good, with a bit of fat free sour cream. Sorry I couldn't be more specific! Next time I make it, I'll write it down!

Quote Originally Posted by EnchantedOne
    CuLaterhow do you make the spanish cauli-rice, it sounds wonderfull.
    spanish rice is my fav and so is cauliflower i was hoping you would share with me.

thanks
    HW: 334
    SW: 328 1/12/09
    CW: 328 1/12/09
    GW: 165

I'm always in a rush so I make fried rice the lazy way.

I use day old Jasmine Rice, 1/2 cup of eggbeaters, scallions and a Tbl of Kikkomen fried rice powder diluted with 1/3 cup of water (rather than the whole package which just adds too much sodium for my taste).

I scramble up the eggbeaters with the scallions, add the rice and then add the Kikkomen sauce. Tastes great.
    Grainne

3/16/02- Made WW Lifetime
    4'11"...SW 176lbs CW 154 lbs WGW 115
    Rejoining weight 11/17 154 lbs