Thread: Fave Lower points dinner...

Default Fave Lower points dinner...

Just wondering what yours is... I need some ideas for 4pts or less.
    Holly

Mom of 4

Start Date September 3, 2007

Lost 3.5 pounds!

GW 118

Replies

Default Re: Fave Lower points dinner...

For four points or less...

A big bowl of veggie-bean soup (2 PT per cup) will fill me up for under four points, and with all that fiber, it keeps me full. Add a salad with 1 t. oil and some vinegar and you've got a nice meal for under four points.
    Locavore on Core, eating local, organic farm-fresh foods, avoiding "Frankenfoods," and blogging all about it!

Replies

when I need a low point dinner I have 1 pt hot dogs in the freezer or I cook whatever meat I want...most of mine are 3 or 4 points a serving and have two 0 point veggies with it

Replies

Boca burger or Morningstar Farms veggie burger (I just love the tomato and basil one by Morningstar Farms) on a Natures Own whitewheat bun, side salad and if I'm feeling decadent, Pringles or Ruffles Light (with Olestra). I cook the burgers on my indoor electric grill and they taste great (I couldn't live without that grill). The bonus is it's fast and easy.
    Smoke free since 11/15/07

Replies

Lightbulb Re: Fave Lower points dinner...

Here's another option: a big green salad topped with some tiny shrimp, a sliced hard-boiled egg, whatever veggies you like, and 1 pt worth of whatever dressing you like.
    Darci
    224.2/175/165
    Started WW 4/18/05~~60+ pounds gone 11/15/06~~trouble maintaining, back on program 10/14/07

Replies

Smile Re: Fave Lower points dinner...

-Egg white veggie omelette with 1 slice low pt ww toast, salsa on top.
    -Vegetable soup and salad w/no pt. dressing
    -Green bean salad w/beets and some nonfat feta cheese
    -1 six-inch Subway Veggie Delite sub
    - ALWAYS have a Plan B -
    aka Countess Blathers On!

Patricia

My favorite is 1 cup of my homemade chili made with boca crumbles (2 points), and a 2 point grilled cheese sandwich made with 2 pieces of light bread (1 point) with 1 slice of 2% cheese (1 point) cooked in a skillet with butter flavored Pam spray. Very filling and delicious for 4 points!
    Janice
    Ya-Ya Name: Duchess Five and Dime

SW243/CW219/GW137

There are only 2 choices: make progress or make excuses.

Some succeed because they are destined; others succeed because they are DETERMINED.

One of my favorites is Chicken Nachos.

Get corn tortillas (2 for 1 pt) but them up into chip size pieces and cook them in the oven will they look like chips. (the secret is in the homemade chips!)

Either dice or shred a few oz of chicken.

Toss some salsa on it or black beans if you've got the points.

-Padre
    SW: 4/2/7- 339lbs
    CW: 10/1/9- 194lbs--145 lbs LOST Slideshow
    Running Log

9. Default Re: Fave Lower points dinner...

Great Thread! Thanks for all the great ideas!

When I'm low on points I love a salad with a Boca Burger, salsa & FF cheese on top. YUM!

10. Default Re: Fave Lower points dinner...

I love doing all veggie dinners. I'll grill asparagus, portabello mushrooms, zucchini, whatever -- and then have them with a big salad and a small cup of brown rice or other whole grain. It's delicious and very filling.

Thumbs up Re: Fave Lower points dinner...

A batch of frozen mixed veggies (0 point), 9 good size shrimps (2 points) sauteed with sesame soy sauce marinade (1point). Soooo good.
    You can use any kind of marinade you like. But this one i got from costco is really good. You can add 2 slices of Rye bread (1point).

This is a huge meal for just 4 point or less.
    Starting weight:172 June 22, 07
    Goal: 155
    Fit body by September 2007.
    I can do it . WW can Help

Replies

Hmmm....four points or less...I'd say a baked potato, stuffed with broccoli and green onions and a point's worth of lf ranch dressing.

Or a veggie burger with mustard on an english muffin.
    Restart: Sept. 4, 2006 (had DD)
    SW: 206.5 CW: 179.5 Change from last week: -2
    PPGW: 171 GW: 140
    10%: Apr. 30/07
    Current goal: halfway: 33lbs ~ 173.5
    BCBers on Facebook
    My Facebook profile

Quote Originally Posted by BridgetBunny
    I love doing all veggie dinners. I'll grill asparagus, portabello mushrooms, zucchini, whatever -- and then have them with a big salad and a small cup of brown rice or other whole grain. It's delicious and very filling.
    Funny i should read this thread tonight, as i had exactly FOUR POINTS left for supper and i resorted to my "usual" low-point supper.

It's very similar to BridgetBunny's........

At the beginning of every week, i chop up a TON of veggies into small pieces and put them in a big gladware container. This is quick pickins for me when i want either a salad or to grill them up. Don't be afraid to add ANY veggie - I've eaten raw asparagus (sweet!) and grilled cucumbers ('invisible').

Anyhoo: grab as many veggies as your tummy is needing and add them to a pan of about 3 tsps of heated olive oil. So far you're to only 3 pts. If you wanna tag on another point, add a chopped up veggie burger to the mix (i dig Gardenburger brand - they have about 5-6 different varieties!). For a rather "non-existent" ~ 0.5 pt. more, i sprinkle a tiny bit of parmesan cheese on top and viola, you've got your 3-5 pt. supper!!!!

HAPPY EATIN!
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
    SW = 225 (4-25-07)
    CW = 209 (7-16-07)
    GW = 150 (however long it takes!)

14. Default Re: Fave Lower points dinner...

Yikes.. I don't know if I've ever had a 4 pt dinner. My dinners typically are around the 9-10 point range. Though one day when I used most my points and flex, I made eggwhites and had toast with ff/sf marmalade and yogurt. 3 pts

Or you could grill a 4oz piece of chicken and make a veggie medley. OH! or you could make a meatloaf with turkey, veggies and oatmeal. My slices are typically around 3points (youll have to add up the points and divide by how many servings you make it) Then you could have a 1/4c beans and the veggies. And a green salad with spritzer. It takes 50 sprays to make a point so.. Unless you drown your salad, I don't use enough to count lol

Portabello Fajitas - if you sub lettuce for the tortilla, it's ZERO POINTS!
    VANESSA
    274/248.5/under 150
    Size 26/20/8ish
    1/4/08: -10
    2/1/08: -8.5
    3/7/08: -0
    4/4/08: -4.5
    5/2/08: -4

softwhere2 Guest

Chicken Pot Pie - the recipe is on the boards here. It's quick, easy and filling.

Replies

Here's another quick idea:

--3 pt. chicken or turkey flavored sausage (I LOVE chicken apple!) (check the labels, as I've found some brands/flavors as low as 2 pts. and some as high as 5 pts., but most are 3 or 4 pts.), panfried with nonstick spray (3 pts.)
    --Mashed cauliflower. Steam 1/2 large head of cauliflower. When it is soft, mash it up with 1 light Laughing Cow Garlic & Herb Cheese with some salt and pepper. Tastes almost like mashed potatoes! (1 pt.)
    --Roasted asparagus. Preheat oven to 450. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick olive oil spray. Put asparagus stalks on tray in a single layer. Spray with a bit more nonstick spray. Add rock salt and freshly cracked pepper and roast for 10 -12 minutes. (0 pts.)
    Total: 4 pts.! YUM!
    Aimee