Thread: I'm back, again

Default I'm back, again

Hi, all:

Well, that does it. I have to lose weight, and more to the point, I have to start loving myself and taking care of my body.

210 pounds on a 5'0 frame=major joint pain, tiredness, and future health problems. I also lost my oldest brother last year to a massive heart attack. He was 63 and obese.

I feel so lost, as if I lost who I really am. 100 pounds ago, I ran, swam and danced. I dated, and felt desirable. I know weight shouldn't matter when it comes to sexuality, but I know self-esteem does, and mine is in the basement. I've lost control of my own life, and the only way to start to regain it is to begin with my weight.

I'm also sick and tired of passing up cute clothes at Target en route to a few racks of the plus-sized clothes. I never want to see or buy an xxx item of clothing again.

Most of the things I want to do with my life-run a marathon, earn a black belt, learn to scuba dive- are things I have to lose weight for first. How long am I going to wait? Anyway, nothing will work if I don't attend to my health.

So here I am, ready to do whatever it takes. Frightening, but I'm also excited to see numbers I haven't seen in 10 years.

gui
    SW: 240
    WWGW: 120
    PGW: 115

I'm 5'0 on a good day.
    1st goal: 5%, or 228 (12 pounds)

Default Re: I'm back, again

Gui,

You can do it! My goal is to lose a total of 100 pounds too and I have lost almost 65 so far. I started at 245lbs and I'm 5'4". You're right, it's hard to carry that much weight on a small frame, and it will be hard to get started, but this is a great place for motivation, and **** kicking when needed = ). Think of it in smaller increments, because you will notice things getting easier on your way down. Let's get that weight off... to live the life you want to!

Kristen
    SW 245/CW 153/GW 150/

Default Re: I'm back, again

Welcome to BCB Gui!

Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom to be ready to climb back up...Take it one step at a time--instead of thinking you have 100 lbs. to lose, start with a small goal like 5 lbs. Even 5 lbs. can make a big difference on how you feel. Early in my WW meetings our leader said that for every lb. you lose is the equivalent of 4 lbs. of stress off your joints. I don't know if that is true or not, but I have lost almost 20 lbs. so far & it has made a huge difference.

Keep at it & you can do it! We're here for you!
    Vanne

SW 181

CW 164

WWG 160

PGW 145