Thread: costco muffins

Default costco muffins

Does any one know the points on them? I know they are probably through the roof. But I just bought a pack for my kids and was wondering if I could have a part of one to make it. Thanks

Replies

Default Re: costco muffins

The information can be found on calorieking.com:

http://www.calorieking.com/foods/sea...howresults=yes

For example, the poppyseed is:
    670 calories/38 grams fat/2 grams fiber = 16 points
    Last edited by Luanne; 05-03-2007 at 04:22 PM.
    Luanne

"Just Do It"
    Goal - 8/2/02

You have got to be kidding me! That means 1/4 is 4 points! My goodness! I don't believe it! Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just let that temptation slide and hide them so I don't eat them. Poppyseed is my favorite. Maybe i'll make my own.

Default I miss the choolate muffins

Pre WW, I used to chow down on an entire chocolate Costco muffin as a snack. (I also used to do the same with Dairy Queen blizzards!) I knew they weren't healthy, but had no idea just how calorie-laden until I started WW and it came up in a meeting. I'm so glad I'm doing WW now because part of my problem was not eating right and bingeing on unhealthy foods, and part of my problem was simply not knowing where hidden calories lurk! I've had good success trying out some of the muffin recipes on this site and sometimes buy fiber two-bite muffins from Trader Joes that are only two points apiece.

I still miss chocolate (and poppyseed) costco muffins, but then I think to myself - it is JUST food after all. Mere atoms and moleculs - JUST flour, JUST sugar, etc. Not important in the grand scheme of life. Not worth sacrificing the health of my body. And NOT worth the guilt!
    SW: 155
    CW: 154.7
    GW: 130

"Failures do what is tension-relieving, while winners do what is goal achieving."

5. Default Re: costco muffins

I feel your pain. I used to eat a whole costco muffin too! I read about the Southaven Farm baking mixes on another thread and I've been making very point-friendly muffins with them (1-2 points) and pancakes too. I just made their chocolate muffins and they are fantastic. I'll bump up the thread in the "Products Review" section. If you're interested, you can look at www.southavenfarm.com. HTH.

Wowza! 16 points - I had no idea. No wonder I'm fat. I always would pick a muffin over a donut.
    Louise

Replies

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover
    Wowza! 16 points - I had no idea. No wonder I'm fat. I always would pick a muffin over a donut.
    Yeah, I was shocked at the points values of muffins, pretty much everywhere. Did you know that the *reduced fat* blueberry muffin at Dunkin Donuts has 400 calories? (5 fat, 3 fiber, so 8 points.) An eclair has only 270 calories (11 fat, 1 fiber, so 6 points). Talk about counterintuitive.