Thread: Key Lime Cheesecake in the Crock Pot

1. Default Key Lime Cheesecake in the Crock Pot

Slow Cooker Key Lime Cheesecake 12 servings/4pts per serving

Crust:
    1.5 tbsp honey
    2/3 cup chocolate graham cracker crumbs or chocolate wafer cookie crumbs (note: this is 10 squares or 5 whole graham crackers)

Filling:
    12 oz light cream cheese at room temperature
    1 cup reduced fat 2% cottage cheese
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 tbsp all purpose flour
    1/3 cup thawed limeade concentrate
    2 egg whites
    1 egg yolk
    1 1/4 tsp grated lime zest

1. To prepare crust, spray the bottom and sides of a 7" springform pan with non-stick spray. Place the honey in a medium microwaveable bowl; microwave on high for 15 seconds to make honey more fluid. Stir in crumbs until evenly moistened. Press crumb mixture into the springform pan to form an even crust. Place the pan in a 5 or 6 qt slow cooker; do not let the pan touch the sides of the cooker.

2. To prepare the filling, put the cream cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, and flour in a food processor; process until well blended. Add the limeade concentrate, egg whites, egg yolk and the lime zest; process until well blended.

3. Pour the batter into the pan. Place a double layer of paper towels on top of the slow cooker, then place the lid on top, pulling the edges of the towels so they do not droop in the center. Cook 2 hours on high. Turn off the slow cooker (do not remove the cover). Let stand until the slow cooker is cool to the touch, at least 1 hour. Cool the cheesecake completely in the pan on a rack. Cover and refirigerate at least 2 hours before serving.

Per serving: (1/12 of cake) 183 cal, 8g fat, 5g sat fat, 0 trans fat, 41 mg cholesterol, 236 g sodium, 21 g carb, 0g fibre, 7g protein, 40 mg calcium, Points value: 4
    H274+ Snov1107 265.4 C251

G
    213.4 nov1108
    -14.4 Move 61/365 goal=208/365

2. Default Re: Key Lime Cheesecake in the Crock Pot

Thanks moonfire!
    I've printed up the recipe. If my springform pan does not fit into my oval crock-pot, I might try making this in my 4 mini springform pans. I'll be back to post after I give it a try. (It will not be right away however! It has to wait until the next time I have a crowd of people. Otherwise I would finish it all off myself!)
    MT
    MT

Default Re: Key Lime Cheesecake in the Crock Pot

Okay, at the risk of being called an idiot... I rarely cook, except in the crock, but I have no idea what a springform pan is?? And what if I don't have a food processor? will something else work, or am I doomed?
    ~~Angela

5'2"
    Highest Weight-176
    CW 154
    GW 130

www.picturetrail.com/angelam_75

Replies

Default Re: Key Lime Cheesecake in the Crock Pot

Springform pan: The side has a lever that keeps it nice and tight during cooking. When finished you can release the lever the sides expand and the bottom is free. Great for Cheesecakes! You would probably be fine using a blender to mix your ingredients.
    I strive to be the person, my dog thinks I am.

Between Tomorrow's Dream
    Yesterday's Regret
    Is Today's Opportunity.