Thread: Help me plan my first WW point counting menu :)

Default Help me plan my first WW point counting menu :)

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I've got my menu started for tomorrow and was looking for a bit of help filling it out for dinner and adding in some additional things to put me up closer to my point level of 32. Thanks so much!

Breakfast

Banana Nut French Toast 5 pts

Snack

Laughing Cow Cheese 1 pt
    Apple 1 pt

Lunch

Bread 2 WW slices 2 pts
    Basil Tomato Garden Burger 2 pts
    Feta Cheese 2 pts?
    cucumbers 0 pts

And so far that's all I have, yikes! Any help is so so appreciated!

Starrbrite Guest

Default Re: Help me plan my first WW point counting menu :)

Fashionista,

You have a good start. It gets easier after you've worked on it for a while. I'll give you an idea for the dinner, but first I encourage you to go to the 100+ board where some of us post our menus every day. Joanne's menus are great and they give me lots of ideas. If you're on Core, you may want to go to the menus posted on the Core board, because those menus are great, too.

I suggest going to the boards (100+ and Core) because they're the two I know the most about and the ones that have helped me in planning. They will keep you thinking of new menus, and therefore, give you variety in your day-after-day planning.

As for your Dinner menu, it could include (for 11 pts):
    • 3-4 oz chicken, salmon or tilapia, or lean beef -- 3-4 pts
    • Salad w/ olive oil (1 pt) and balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, or Italian seasoning, along w/ tomatoes, black beans (.5) pts, maybe grapes or pineapple (if you like fruit in your tossed salads)(another .5 pts), feta cheese (1 pt), and a seven almonds or five macadamia nuts (1 pt)-- 4 pts at the most
    • a cooked vegetable such as broccoli, carrots, or green beans. (0-1 pts, depending on the vegetable)
    • a fruit such as a pear, apple, grapes, etc. (1 pt)
    • A baked potato w/ ff butter (2 pts)
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Starrbrite
    Fashionista,

You have a good start. It gets easier after you've worked on it for a while. I'll give you an idea for the dinner, but first I encourage you to go to the 100+ board where some of us post our menus every day. Joanne's menus are great and they give me lots of ideas. If you're on Core, you may want to go to the menus posted on the Core board, because those menus are great, too.

I suggest going to the boards (100+ and Core) because they're the two I know the most about and the ones that have helped me in planning. They will keep you thinking of new menus, and therefore, give you variety in your day-after-day planning.

As for your Dinner menu, it could include (for 11 pts):

• 3-4 oz chicken, salmon or tilapia, or lean beef -- 3-4 pts
    • Salad w/ olive oil (1 pt) and balsamic vinegar, garlic salt, or Italian seasoning, along w/ tomatoes, black beans (.5) pts, maybe grapes or pineapple (if you like fruit in your tossed salads)(another .5 pts), feta cheese (1 pt), and a seven almonds or five macadamia nuts (1 pt)-- 4 pts at the most
    • a cooked vegetable such as broccoli, carrots, or green beans. (0-1 pts, depending on the vegetable)
    • a fruit such as a pear, apple, grapes, etc. (1 pt)
    • A baked potato w/ ff butter (2 pts)
    Hope this helps.
    Thank you SO much for the helpful post! That sounds like a great dinner to me =). I'll definitely check out the 100+ boards too.. any help I can get is awesome! The fiancee said he's doing this with me, but already he's going to my dad's pizza shop to have lunch, so I can't count on him to be my support. He actually asked me, "Do you want anything from there?" when he called earlier, and I was like don't you remember I just went shopping and have my entire day planned out already? *lol*
    -Kristen
    Weight Watchers Start Date: April 8th, 2007
    Start Weight- 241
    Current Weight- 221
    1st Mini Goal - 10%
    2nd Mini Goal - ONEDERLAND
    GOAL WEIGHT- 150

!!FOUR!! lbs to go till 10%!!

Replies

Where are you all buying feta for 1 point? Or are you just using less.... I would love to find a fabulous feta for 1 pt per ounce....

Anyhoo, Kristen, are you planning on having syrup on that french toast and having a glass of oj or skim milk with it? ANd with lunch, I often have a veggie burger and salad or pretzels (if I'm in the mood for crunchy) that'll add points....

Now dinner, what's your fancy? What kinds of things do you enjoy eating?? You may want to check out the recipes forum here at BCB. I've gotten many fabulous ideas from there.
    Cindy

Replies

I think you should add some dairy, such as a glass of FF (skim) or 1% milk at breakfast. I like to have milk for an evening snack too, or you could add it at lunch. Or maybe some yogurt. I tend to eat over half of my Points by the time lunch is over. It just helps me to spread them out.
    Nancy

Original SW 175 (1996)
    2008 stats: SW 153.6 12/31/07 ~ HW 156.0 09/15/08 ~ CW 153.2 09/22/08 ~ GW 137 ~ PGW 130
    My pictures!
    "Good food brings good health and longevity." - Chinese fortune cookie